Musical Instrument Issues Since Nov. 26 Patch [Merged] - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Musical Instrument Issues Since Nov. 26 Patch [Merged]

2>

Comments

• Came back to check again. Will we be lucky enough to see a fix for this soon?

• Please fix this, guys. I'm available to provide any logs or anything at all that might help fix the issue, it's been months and it killed my favorite thing to do in the game. We all paid a lot for our instruments, it'd be really nice to be able to use them..

• Hello,

Any update on a fix for this? It's been a long time.

Thanks

• Hitman.5829Hitman.5829 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Hey folks,

I moved comments from the GW2 Discussion subforum to this Bugs subforum, and merged the threads. I have reached out to our QA and Audio Teams on this topic, after checking the Known Issue Tracker. However, as others have pointed out, there are key parameters for a hot fix to which an instrument issue would not conform. The teams are aware of your concerns, though, and thanks for sharing the details.

Will we get fix on the next patch? being aware of our concerns is not enough. We need you guys to fix it, but not in 5 or 6 months.
    You guys need the fix on the next patch.
    Thanks.

I am sorry, but I don't know anything more. I have asked QA and the Sound Team if they have any information to share, or questions to ask. I hope one of the team members will be able to update this thread soon.

We haven't had any update on this mater. Do you know if they are near a solution or improvement of the old code?
    If you guys manage to fix the code, we hope it is a better and improved code that allows faster key pressing so we can play more complex music.

Thanks!

Charr Warrior Master Race!
    Black Gate Beast Roamer chicken chaser!

• JunioR.3207JunioR.3207 Member ✭✭
    edited February 18, 2019

@Hitman.5829 said:

We haven't had any update on this mater. Do you know if they are near a solution or improvement of the old code?
    If you guys manage to fix the code, we hope it is a better and improved code that allows faster key pressing so we can play more complex music.

Thanks!

i would be already happy if it just works again.

• Maybe get a fix by 2020 ? I have lost hope for this getting resolved anytime soon. There has been no communication thus far and Galle is no longer with Anet. Who letting people know that things are broke. I'm sure the soon to be overworked staff will have all the time to read the forums and say hey lets fix the harp....

• Guardiagiurata.7403Guardiagiurata.7403 Member
    edited March 1, 2019

I'm guardiagiurata and i just created a new wonderful song, but i must use only medium and high notes because seems the harp is not more like good old years ago!
    I mean that when i use a macro as said in previous posts my character will not play the same exact notes as on the website here, http://gw2mb.com/harp.php , my song here is awesome! I absolutely need to play it properly in game and i hope Anet will soon resolve this big issue. P.S: If this can help to know how to solve the problem, i noticed that harp isn't switching to higher notes but only to lower and medium. I already created a macro using medium and higher notes and it worked like a charm but lower notes are deleted doing this, please help!!! Thanks

• WyvrnRipsnarl.5918WyvrnRipsnarl.5918 Member ✭✭
    edited March 7, 2019

I have gotten a comeback from CS on the issue:

The issue is known; there is currently no time frame on a fix, but it is in the works!
    Shoutout to Onesimus for the very professionnal reply! :+1:

The Charr Cosplay Fashionista Warrior! (Also a Bard!)

• @WyvrnRipsnarl.5918 said:
    I have gotten a comeback from CS on the issue:

The issue is known; there is currently no time frame on a fix, but it is in the works!
    Shoutout to Onesimus for the very professionnal reply! :+1:

yay!! glad to know that it's gonna be worked on!!!

• Awesome! The bug has been solved before, fingers crossed that the devs will be able to work this out quick. Cheers.

• Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭

Still no feed back from a Dev in the thread so I am not holding my breath. But either way I hope it gets fixed soon. I am going to have to change the strings on my harps its been so long... lol.

• WyvrnRipsnarl.5918WyvrnRipsnarl.5918 Member ✭✭
    edited March 13, 2019

@Excursion.9752 said:
    Still no feed back from a Dev in the thread so I am not holding my breath. But either way I hope it gets fixed soon. I am going to have to change the strings on my harps its been so long... lol.

@WyvrnRipsnarl.5918 said:
    I have gotten a comeback from CS on the issue: The issue is known; there is currently no time frame on a fix, but it is in the works!

I don't think there will be public announcement on the case, since it is an hindrance but it's a minorly hindrance compared to like the WvW mount something.
    Devs still have the bug on the workshop, now it's mostly waiting for not a huge bump in delay!

The Charr Cosplay Fashionista Warrior! (Also a Bard!)

2>
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.