New side story? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

New side story?

Today I logged in on a character that had finished the latest LS4 episode, but was still in Jahai. I got this intriguing letter (marked as spoiler just in case…):

Heading: Our Pending Discussion…

Commander,

I apologize for delaying our conversation, but I wanted to respect the difficult emotions surrounding your experience in the Mists. However, time is of the essence if we're to prepare Aurene and ourselves for the coming storm. Meet me at Sun's Refuge, and we can discuss our next steps.

--Caithe

Might this be in preparation for episode 5, or possible a new side story?

Comments

• Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

Here's hoping its a side story if its not part of Ep 5.

• notebene.3190notebene.3190 Member ✭✭✭✭

So... what town does the 'Certain Brotherhood' reside? :#

In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

• LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

hrm. ive finished all, did not get that letter.

• Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭✭

@notebene.3190 said:
    So... what town does the 'Certain Brotherhood' reside? :#

Thunderhead Keep/Deldrimor Front. Yes, I’m using my tin foil hat.

The above was written as part of an attempt to waste time.

• LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

the letter just popped when i headed to suns refuge.

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

I jumped into Sun's Refuge to see if anything changed and got the mail as well now. Very suspicious!

Logging out forever.

• cNd.1096cNd.1096 Member ✭✭✭

So letter from Caithe and then little dialogue with her in Sun's Refuge is all we got?

Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light

• I thought this was an automatic after finishing the chapter, I thought I remembered getting this a while back

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro - Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/NM #SABorRiot
    |Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
    |Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker|Weaver|Chronomancer|Soulbeast|Holosmith

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

Not received any letter

• Zohane.7208Zohane.7208 Member ✭✭✭

@Randulf.7614 said:
    Not received any letter

I have only gotten the letter on chars that finished the chapter and are in Jahai, so perhaps that's why you haven't gotten?

edited November 27, 2018

@Zohane.7208 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:
    Not received any letter

I have only gotten the letter on chars that finished the chapter and are in Jahai, so perhaps that's why you haven't gotten?

I'll try going to Jahai and see if that helps

edit: got it at the entrance to Suns Refuge, so clearly Suns Refuge is the trigger

• I thought this was about Survey of subjects of importance #2, which just showed up out of the blue for me as innocuously as #1 did.

[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination - Sorrows Furnace

• This just popped randomly for me as I was running through my dailies :open_mouth:

My Wiki Profile
    Honorary Seraph Captain
    Guardian Expert

• We're heading North........ least Caithe will ne lol

• notebene.3190notebene.3190 Member ✭✭✭✭

@starhunter.6015 said:
    We're heading North........ least Caithe will ne lol

In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

edited November 27, 2018

@notebene.3190 said:

@starhunter.6015 said:
    We're heading North........ least Caithe will ne lol

You fear to go into those mines.
    The dwarves delved too greedily and too deep.
    You know what they awoke in the darkness...

Shadow and flame

• I just got it as well and can't figure it out? I can't find Caithe in Sun's Refuge?

• After you talk with Caithe, some of the other characters in the Sun's Refuge also have a couple new lines of dialog.

@Brother Dulfite.5793 said:
    I just got it as well and can't figure it out? I can't find Caithe in Sun's Refuge?

She's in the centre bit in front of the bridge

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Eclipsen.1362 said:
    After you talk with Caithe, some of the other characters in the Sun's Refuge also have a couple new lines of dialog.

Hmm, i wonder if its only available while Caithe is there. I left and came back and nobody says anything different.

Ember Wandertooth(SB), Lucina Fallenflame(Weaver), Kianda Redpaw(Guardian), Kingslayer, Light in the Dark.
    Why Guild Wars is called Guild Wars

• I didn't understand anything with this thing with Caithe, I kept on watching the various sites on where to go next and nothing. I tried talking to the 2 living dwarves, nothing, I tried talking to the Zephyrites and the people living in their abandoned village after doing the heart, nothing, I tried talking to the floating armors, nothing, I even went to the Priory for some new dialogue, still nothing. I am either not finding the exact NPC or this is just an ad for the next episode coming out soon.

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

A map in deldrimor front would be pretty hype, as well as a good change of scenery from the rest of the desert.

Even more hype if theres more dwarves alive.

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

@zealex.9410 said:
    Even more hype if theres more dwarves alive.

I hope not. If so, then people will be screaming for them to be made into a playable race.

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭

@Zohane.7208 said:
    Today I logged in on a character that had finished the latest LS4 episode, but was still in Jahai. I got this intriguing letter (marked as spoiler just in case…):

Heading: Our Pending Discussion…

Commander,

I apologize for delaying our conversation, but I wanted to respect the difficult emotions surrounding your experience in the Mists. However, time is of the essence if we're to prepare Aurene and ourselves for the coming storm. Meet me at Sun's Refuge, and we can discuss our next steps.

--Caithe

Might this be in preparation for episode 5, or possible a new side story?

I did not obtain this myself but considering the context of the letter and myself being fully upto speed on the story I would definitely say yes.
    This very likely is the letter we will get to start off episode 5.
    My guess is either a bug or someone at Anet overlooked something and it was sent out to a few people earlier than planned >.<

This does happen.. if you guys remember the Junundu Wurm model was accidentally released by Anet pre PoF and replaced the Wurm skins lol
    I believe that was one of the main reasons people were sure we were going to get an Elona based expanions which was obviously later confirmed.

• Clyan.1593Clyan.1593 Member ✭✭✭

I talked to caithe aswell and nothing happened. Not sure what to do next. However maybe that's all there is to it...

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2018

@darkfiremew.5937 said:
    I didn't understand anything with this thing with Caithe, I kept on watching the various sites on where to go next and nothing. I tried talking to the 2 living dwarves, nothing, I tried talking to the Zephyrites and the people living in their abandoned village after doing the heart, nothing, I tried talking to the floating armors, nothing, I even went to the Priory for some new dialogue, still nothing.

At the end of the conversation, we agree to "stay in touch" - Caithe is off to seek out said brotherhood and we are to wait for further information from her.

@Brother Dulfite.5793 said:
    I just got it as well and can't figure it out? I can't find Caithe in Sun's Refuge?

She's at the center, to the south.

My GW2 content charts: (1) LWS 4, (2) PoF , (3) Personal story (pre-Claw Island/Orr) , (4) LWS 2 , (5) HoT, (6) Orr campaign , (7) LWS 3

@darkfiremew.5937 said:
    I didn't understand anything with this thing with Caithe, I kept on watching the various sites on where to go next and nothing. I tried talking to the 2 living dwarves, nothing, I tried talking to the Zephyrites and the people living in their abandoned village after doing the heart, nothing, I tried talking to the floating armors, nothing, I even went to the Priory for some new dialogue, still nothing. I am either not finding the exact NPC or this is just an ad for the next episode coming out soon.

It was just a set up for the next chapter of the story

• Zohane.7208Zohane.7208 Member ✭✭✭

So I returned to the refuge today, and now Caithe isn't here anymore. It seems like it's not an acidental letter, but things are likely set in motion. Wonder if it's a windup to episode 5 or not.

• Yargesh.4965Yargesh.4965 Member ✭✭✭

I had the hardest time remembering which character I ran the story on. Then a short dialog and she vanishes. I hope I remember which character whenever this plays out in the future.

• In case you forget, click on that spoiler.

• i got the letter just by logging into my character that completed the previous episode, in lion's arch. so maybe you don't have to physically be in sun's refuge

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

dident even complete episode and got it in la

@Lt Sid.6850 said:
    i got the letter just by logging into my character that completed the previous episode, in lion's arch. so maybe you don't have to physically be in sun's refuge

@Linken.6345 said:
    dident even complete episode and got it in la

I didnt get it /until/ i went into suns refuge, so maybe the trigger for the letter isnt functioning properly?

Ember Wandertooth(SB), Lucina Fallenflame(Weaver), Kianda Redpaw(Guardian), Kingslayer, Light in the Dark.

• Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭

For those looking for Caithe, remember she's hanging out with Aurene. So after you get the letter go to the nest you set up for Aurene and Caithe is right there, a bit in front of it. You can hold down the ALT key to see NPC names.

• Wishing Anet would answer why some of us got this.

@Booey Bubblehead.4890 said:
    Wishing Anet would answer why some of us got this.

It makes sense if you go speak to her, and you did the story episode(and didnt skip everything). Its a setup for the next story episode.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Zohane.7208 said:
    Wonder if it's a windup to episode 5 or not.

It is, obviously.

My GW2 content charts: (1) LWS 4, (2) PoF , (3) Personal story (pre-Claw Island/Orr) , (4) LWS 2 , (5) HoT, (6) Orr campaign , (7) LWS 3

• Episode 5: Brotherhood of the dragon.

• Looks like it might be a hint at the next episode.. who's gonna be there. The dwarves.. Or are we finally getting more into the Tengu world?

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.