New guild decorations (racing)

hugo.4705

Huge thanks to Anet for that very cheap set of decorations purchasable at racing vendors. Really Apreciated, I can finally think about creating a skatepark and slopes instead of using jade, stone blocks and gaming room floor tiles.

Like the previous leviathan decos, you have several shapes like:-curves-ramps-slopesAnd many others, around 10 I would say, will post screens when I have them.

I done a promise, here are the screens:CyVLI1N.jpgIn reality, 11 decorations.5m8NztD.jpgHere curve left upward + skatepark ramp1CXm5cX.jpgThe very very very long racetrack straight.bvdpS9b.jpgTest with 3+ decos, here from the bottom to top: Ramp upward, curve right straight, curve left upward, small racetrack straight

Awesome if you put them along others, you can create a complete track, uses of leviathan bones can be useful as wall in dangerous turns.

• Like 1

@Ashantara.8731 said:Those are hardly race tracks. They look like bridges or walkways. A race track needs side walls so that your beetle will stay on track.

The beetle race tracks out in the world don't have sides. You absolutely can go flying off the track or head off in the wrong direction, and I thought that's just part of what makes it challenging.

@hugo.4705 said:The texture remind me bridges in Hoelbrak.

Exactly! I mean, it's great we finally got bridges for deco. :+1: But those definitely aren't race tracks.

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:Pff, Rookie race tracks (with Kiddie railings) arent REAL race tracks :p

Heh heh.

@TwiceDead.1963 said:Someone hasn't played some of the newer iterations of Rainbow Road!

I no longer play any controller or console games. ;) Besides, the Mario Kart tracks look much broader and I doubt the car behaves like a roller beetle. :p

I already made a ramp climb course (heh) from bottom of gilded hollow to roof and back, but these decs will make a skate park super easy because of their size and that they are easy to place also.

I was just testing a few of these decorations out, it's Just a taste of what's possible. So many ideas!I love the curved ramps too, get up higher! Skatepark 4.0 here I come!Now how do I get my other guildies to donate that's the real trick. :(

I was excited when I read about these but we really need a start/finish decoration and checkpoint decorations to make this really worthwhile.

They could make the checkpoints proximity based to make them easy to lay out.

For example, lay down the start/finish first, then the next closest checkpoint to that is the 1st checkpoint in the race, then the next closest checkpoint to the 1st checkpoint would be the 2nd checkpoint and so on. You should be able to lay out a route very easy like that.

• 2 weeks later...

@hugo.4705 said:Huge thanks to Anet for that very cheap set of decorations purchasable at racing vendors. Really Apreciated, I can finally think about creating a skatepark and slopes instead of using jade, stone blocks and gaming room floor tiles.

Like the previous leviathan decos, you have several shapes like:-curves-ramps-slopesAnd many others, around 10 I would say, will post screens when I have them.

Where do they go? I bought some but I don't know where to find them.

@XYLO.7031 said:

@hugo.4705 said:Huge thanks to Anet for that very cheap set of decorations purchasable at racing vendors. Really Apreciated, I can finally think about creating a skatepark and slopes instead of using jade, stone blocks and gaming room floor tiles.

Directly into the storage of the guild you are representing when buying them.

:(> @Shikigami.4013 said:

Directly into the storage of the guild you are representing when buying them.

Thanks.

:(

Wrong guild everything.

• 1 month later...

As a guild architect, I can honestly say that these race track parts are of the highest value add to guild hall decorations EVER ADDED TO THE GAME. Why? We can make buildings multi-story now, can actually build extensions to buildings and areas, use as floors and ceilings, as bridges, make the ground flat, make race tracks, etc! This has helped a ton! In addition, your art team has managed to make the wood look aged and almost futuristic at the same time, which is a REALLY big plus because we can now be creative with it is many more applications than just perhaps what it was originally intended for. Anyways, keep up the good work! Ty!

My only suggestion for the future on pieces like this follows. Think about the design of these pieces in the context of conforming to a 3 dimensional cube lattice grid. In this setting, it would make sense that the Racetrack Long Straightaway might be 2x or 4x longer than the Racetrack Straightaway (just an example) right? It would also make sense the that Racetrack Downward Left/Right Ramps would go vertically down the Same Amount that the Racetrack Downward Ramps right? Well, they don't. Many of these pieces are not multiples of the smallest pieces and do not always work well together. Why does this matter? Because when you try to build things that are just slightly more complex than basic, Things Stop Lining Up even if you go full ham sandwich ocd precision mode xD. In the future. It would be great if decorations like these were like legos in the sense that we have different types and sized pieces, but they will always line up when we start to work with them Together. Ty for reading everyone, hopefully this makes sense. And yes, I have built with these extensively and I Promise you this is important xD.