I finally reached lvl 80...how do I get the mounts?

GW Noob.6038

Yes, you need to to start the PoF story. The raptor will be given in the first PoF instnace. The bunny, jackal and skimmer from specific hearts in each map. The girffon requires full pof story completion, 250g and a lot of collections to be completed. The beetle requires completing certain content in living story 4, ep3

You can unlock all the mounts except the griffon solo. The raptor is given as part of the story, the springer, skimmer and jackal require completing a heart and then buying them from the heart vendor, and the beetle is obtained by doing a series of collections (that does require owning the Long Live The Lich episode of the Living Story, but apparently that's going to be available for free again soon).

You also need to train the raptors third mastery to be able to get the springer - which means you need 6 PoF mastery points, but there are more than 6 available in the first map. These can be gotten solo, but it might be easier to ask for help if you need it. I also recommend following the story to get to the springer ranch, because the route isn't obvious and might be hard to find otherwise.

The griffon is more complicated - you have to complete the PoF story, get a special item as a random drop from an enemy, complete a short 'quest' and then complete 5 collections - one for each desert map (which involves buying 25 items at 10g each, for a total of 250g). Most of that can be done solo but it does involve some group events, they're all open-world content so you can find or join a group the same way you would for any other group event. (And in case you're worried the griffon is entirely optional, it's fun and useful to have but you'll never find something you cannot complete as a result of not having it except the griffon races.)

Also, don't 'over spend' in your raptor mastery. There are some posts in here (somewhere) that will explain it better, maybe search on 'mount guide' or something like that, but there are some methods of spending points in the masteries and a certain order to spend them in, that are better than others. Some of the mastery points you need to progress are in places where you need certain of the 4 mount masteries to be at certain levels. I know sometimes people get a little 'stuck' as they are proceeding.

I think as a short term rule, I wouldn't spend above 3 in any of the 4 base mounts, iirc, at first? And there 'might' be a most efficient order to open the 3s for each mount even. Wish I could remember off hand to be more helpful.

@GW Noob.6038 said:@ everyone: thanks, guys! I'll follow the story, and make sure I don't over spend my Mastery points on my mounts. :)

Like it was said before, just only spend points to level 3 on all of the mounts and save the last level for after you've completed everything. The Griffon will cost you 250 gold and the Roller Beetle requires you do the Living World story which is free right now, so make sure you get that unlocked. You can complete it later, but you should make sure it's unlocked now while it is free.

@MokahTGS.7850 said:

@GW Noob.6038 said:@ everyone: thanks, guys! I'll follow the story, and make sure I don't over spend my Mastery points on my mounts. :)

Like it was said before, just only spend points to level 3 on all of the mounts and save the last level for after you've completed everything. The Griffon will cost you 250 gold and the Roller Beetle requires you do the Living World story which is free right now, so make sure you get that unlocked. You can complete it later, but you should make sure it's unlocked now while it is free.

I'm a little confused about the Living World story being free...I just bought all the Seasons (2, 3, & 4). Is there a season 1, and is it free?

@notebene.3190 said:

@notebene.3190 said:Wish I could remember off hand to be more helpful.

I wish you could, too! You have me pointed in the right direction, though...thank you!

Here it is! A response to a question I had about it way back when.

Perfect!! That's just what I needed! Thanks, notebene!

@GW Noob.6038 said:

I'm a little confused about the Living World story being free...I just bought all the Seasons (2, 3, & 4). Is there a season 1, and is it free?

Season 1 does not exist anymore. It was presented differently, with content every 2-4 weeks, with the previous chapter deleted when a new one came out to preserve the "living" aspect. It was also a lot of festivals and not really much story. It had some massive, epic battles though

@GW Noob.6038 said:

Sorry, no. Season 1 was released under a different model. It is unavailable. The Living World episode "Long Live the Lich" is currently free so that people can get the Roller Beetle mount and try out the new racing tracks.

You can find out more about Living World Season 1 here on the wiki: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Living_World_Season_1

Also, when they release season 5, all you will have to do is log in during the release window and you will unlock its episodes for free.

If you are interested strongly in the lore of the game, or why you suddenly have friends in season 2 that you didn't know in your personal story, there is a great fan made movie on YouTube that covers all of season 1, as well as background info people who played season 1 may not have been familiar with.

Archived