So Episode 5 map will be... [spoilers]

Michram.6853

Caithe foreshadowed we are going North to the Shiverpeaks, where the Brotherhood of the Dragon is/was, so we will seek some secret informations about Glint's plans and her legacy.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Brotherhood_of_the_Dragon

Also the dwarven history seem to come back again, so maybe we will make a contact with Ogden at some point of the future episode.

Very interesting appetizer, let's hope we will get a proper, tasty dish. :)

https://imgur.com/a/FGytVed

deldrimor is also shiverpeaks, though. So either far shiverpeaks or deldrimor.

I think they wanted to make us meet Caithe to give us the sense that Caithe really travels there, so it takes time.

She also mentioned "Brotherhood" which certainly means the Brotherhood of the Dragon- the dwarven organization that was also very interested in Glint's prophecies.

Yes but on the wiki for dwarves:

Dwarven society continued on regardless. During this time, the remaining Stone Summit rejoined what remained of Deldrimor and the two communities lived together in peace once more. However, about fifty years after the Rite of the Great Dwarf was first performed, the last of the flesh and blood dwarves felt the call to undergo the Rite themselves. Now, no longer interested in maintaining their solidarity as a race, the last dwarves scattered across Tyria, finding battles to fight in the deep caverns or making new homes in far-flung hills, ever-watching the borders where caverns emerge into the surface world. Those few individuals who can rightfully claim to have met a dwarf in their lifetime are rare, and all speak of the strange, driven passion that consumes these few survivors. It is unclear how many dwarves survive.

The bolded means that we could even find them in the Elona/Vabbi/Kourna.

I’m only bringing this up because people have a tendency to read into and embellish minor details, build hype around it, and subsequently get disappointed when their expectations are not met.

It very well could be in the Shiverpeaks or Deldrimor area but “going north” really isn’t enough information in my opinion. Also look at the dwarves that we are aware of. There is one in the priory but where did we find the other? For all we know, there could be a small story instance in the priory or one in the dwarven ruin in the Highlands.

I could also make an argument for there being a story instance in that ruin on the Highlands map. The priory are already there and perhaps Anet added their section to PoF in anticipation of using it for the LW season. Rhoban, a dwarf, is already there and would have knowledge of the brotherhood. It also happens to be “north” of Caithe’s location.

I could also argue about her going to the priory which is also “north”. They have a repository of knowledge there and Ogden is there as well.

There could also be an instance around Droknar’s Forge leading us to an underground cave network although that may be a bit far-fetched.

Caithe mentions a "brotherhood", which is probably The Brotherhood of the Dragon. If you look at the wiki article for the Brotherhood, you see that they have a shrine at Droknar's Forge and were also encountred in the Battledepths up near Hall of Monuments. It is very unlikely the map is going to be around Droknar's Forge, as that is currently where Mount Maelstrom is located. Therefore, heading north means going to the area around the Hall of Monuments. It would also be a nice place to visit for Wintersday because of a certain secret lair...

You guys, remember, that while most dwarves are dead or believed dead, one of the two living dwarves is a member of the Brotherhood of the Dragon, and on top of that, had hinted that he knew more than he was telling us and was part of a small group that may or may not include the Pale Tree which knew about Glint's Legacy, the Egg, and (as we learn later) Tarir but wasn't divulging that information just yet:

Ogden Stonehealer.

"North" could simply mean an instance in the Durmand Priory to talk to our old stoned friend.

Presuming it is the Brotherhood of the Dragon we're talking about (I haven't seen the dialogue yet myself, because for some reason Caithe doesn't want to write me a freaking letter. -pouts and stomps angrily-)

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:You guys, remember, that while most dwarves are dead or believed dead, one of the two living dwarves is a member of the Brotherhood of the Dragon, and on top of that, had hinted that he knew more than he was telling us and was part of a small group that may or may not include the Pale Tree which knew about Glint's Legacy, the Egg, and (as we learn later) Tarir but wasn't divulging that information just yet:

Ogden Stonehealer.

"North" could simply mean an instance in the Durmand Priory to talk to our old stoned friend.

Presuming it is the Brotherhood of the Dragon we're talking about (I haven't seen the dialogue yet myself, because for some reason Caithe doesn't want to write me a freaking letter. -pouts and stomps angrily-)

If you havent already, try zoning to jahai and walking up to the refuge. I finally got my mail that way

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:You guys, remember, that while most dwarves are dead or believed dead, one of the two living dwarves is a member of the Brotherhood of the Dragon, and on top of that, had hinted that he knew more than he was telling us and was part of a small group that may or may not include the Pale Tree which knew about Glint's Legacy, the Egg, and (as we learn later) Tarir but wasn't divulging that information just yet:

Ogden Stonehealer.

yeah, go with the character you have A Star to Guide Us done to the Sun's Refuge. She will be there, and the letter should be sent there.

@Randulf.7614 said:

Ogden Stonehealer.

Presuming it is the Brotherhood of the Dragon we're talking about (I haven't seen the dialogue yet myself, because for some reason
Caithe doesn't want to write me a freaking letter.
-pouts and stomps angrily-
)

If you havent already, try zoning to jahai and walking up to the refuge. I finally got my mail that way

I had to go into it to get mine, and it only worked on a character that was completely done with the story.

Kinda hoping we go to more of the shiverpeaks we cant go to, dwarven ruin exploration please!

@Randulf.7614 said:If you havent already, try zoning to jahai and walking up to the refuge. I finally got my mail that way

@Arden.7480 said:yeah, go with the character you have A Star to Guide Us done to the Sun's Refuge. She will be there, and the letter should be sent there.

Naturally I did both of those right off the bat. I managed to get the letter after hours of trying various things (from completing Full House to running around every city, Jahai, and Sun's Refuge on multiple characters) - turns out the bug that prevented email from being sent is that it doesn't happen if you have any story active.

You need to be on a character who completed the story, have no story active, and go to either LA or Jahai. I was missing the middle bit.

I'm not so sure this is a teaser but rather a buged or accidental reveal.I went to Jahai to check claims made by other players and ended up getting two idental letters from Caithe only after leaving the Suns Refuge, and after speaking to Caithe and leaving she completely disappeared from the Refuge afterwards.

Considering the Dwarf lore There are only 2 Dwarfs that we know of on Tyria.. the rest are underground in the depths fighting Destroyers.After they were turned to stone pretty much all dwarfs united under that common goal even Ogden who remained above ground to aid the Priory and serve as an expert on Elder Dragon Lore.

To be blunt there are no normal Deldrimor Dwarfs left on Tyria.. the Rite turned all of them into stone eventually even those who resisted like Ogden were eventually turned to stone through force, This would also include the Stone summit and the Brotherhood of the Dragon as well as any other Dwarf on Tyria.Once transformed Dwarfs become a sort of hive mind with a singular goal.. Destroy Primordus and the other Dragons.

As I mentioned earlier there are only 2 Dwarf on the surface of Tyria (Well 1 and a quater technically :P) Ogden and Rhoban and they are both currently interested in Dwarven ruins in Elona.Ogden made that interest known in the prologue to PoF and Rhoban's head can be found and spoken to in Fortune's Vale.. the massive Dwarf Ruin in Desert Highlands.I believe this is what Caithe was talking about regarding going North of Jahai.. and I would not be surprised is Ogden himself is going to be there in the next episode.I'm very much looking forward to that if that's the case since it will be the first time we've seen 2 Dwarf together and I would very much be interested in what they would say to one another as well as their relationship and banter.

There's a really good chance the new map could be in the Deldrimor front and that I'd be very much excited for but i'm also somewhat curious if it's actually underground in the Depths of Tyria.. and oh boy would that be just freaking amazing!!Stone Dwarves, Destroyers.. full underground map.. Hell yes!! to that :D

I don't think the new map will be way up north in all honesty.. Deldrimor Front is looking like the most logical location but I don't fully want to rule out a fully underground map either.. and before anyone criticizes the idea of a fully underground map just know it wouldn't be the first underground style living world map :PDraconis Mons was technically an underground map even though it was techncially above ground.. and that map was awesome ^^

I doubt it was a bugged off-episode reveal, because it'd make sense that we would get to talk to her1) She said: Let people grieve for a while, we'll talk soon enough

So the time to grieve had passed, so she made a move.

2) She travels now, so it won't be like: Oh We just went to Caithe, she tells: let's use some weird, no-one-ever-knew-it-existed portal, we will move there with no problems. NO, they finally made it look very realistic, she travels there, she leaves the marks where we should go, and we meet her in the new map.

Deldrimor is a very nice idea, and I hope it will have some kind of relation with the newest fractal: Deepstone both lore and the look- weird talking spiders, and maybe some dwarves, that hid themselves in order to not to join others that sacrificed themselves in the fight against Primordus and his minion- the traitors- it would also be very interesting.

So either we will find the real dwarf/ves, or we will simply grab some data that we'll find on the ground, or we'll find a long-forgotten message of the Brotherhood of the Dragon, that will appear to us as a cinematic (something like the cinematic in A Way Forward- PoF).

I am a fan of making the contact with another dwarves+having another cinematic.

Very interesting journey it will be, and Braham will probably not be in the episode- Caves=spiders, Rytlock will still be in the Mists searching for the info, and Taimi and Gorrik will be our informators. So this episode will be more focused on the relationship of Caithe and the Commander, something like Braham and the commander in Episode 4- lot of time to talk.

Because Caithe's plot is a very complex one, so I think she should get a lot of time in this episode, and I think she will.

@Arden.7480 said:I doubt it was a bugged off-episode reveal, because it'd make sense that we would get to talk to her1) She said: Let people grieve for a while, we'll talk soon enough

2) She travels now, so it won't be like: Oh We just went to Caithe, she tells: let's use some weird, no-one-ever-knew-it-existed portal, we will move there with no problems. NO, they finally made it look very realistic, she travels there, she leaves the marks where we should go, and we meet her in the new map.

Deldrimor is a very nice idea, and I hope it will have some kind of relation with the newest fractal: Deepstone both lore and the look- weird talking spiders, and maybe some dwarves, that hid themselves in order to not to join others that sacrificed themselves in the fight against Primordus and his minion- the traitors- it would also be very interesting.

So either we will find the real dwarf/ves, or we will simply grab some data that we'll find on the ground, or we'll find a long-forgotten message of the Brotherhood of the Dragon, that will appear to us as a cinematic (something like the cinematic in A Way Forward- PoF).

Very interesting journey it will be, and Braham will probably not be in the episode- Caves=spiders, Rytlock will still be in the Mists searching for the info, and Taimi and Gorrik will be our informators. So this episode will be more focused on the relationship of Caithe and the Commander, something like Braham and the commander in Episode 4- lot of time to talk.

Because Caithe's plot is a very complex one, so I think she should get a lot of time in this episode, and I think she will.

And, of course, we'll be seeing Faren probably since he was in Sun's Refuge and hasn't been given another mission. Well, at least we can hope he's around :D

@Fenom.9457 said:

@"Arden.7480" said:I doubt it was a bugged off-episode reveal, because it'd make sense that we would get to talk to her1) She said: Let people grieve for a while, we'll talk soon enough

And, of course, we'll be seeing Faren probably since he was in Sun's Refuge and hasn't been given another mission. Well, at least we can hope he's around :D

There is ofc Masked Roller F who hangs around the rollerbeetle races. Now obviously a nod to Captain Falcon of F-Zero, but there is just something familiar about this "F"....

• 5 weeks later...

@Randulf.7614 said:

@"Arden.7480" said:I doubt it was a bugged off-episode reveal, because it'd make sense that we would get to talk to her1) She said: Let people grieve for a while, we'll talk soon enough

There is ofc Masked Roller F who hangs around the rollerbeetle races. Now obviously a nod to Captain Falcon of F-Zero, but there is just something familiar about this "F"....

So sad it is not "E".. That would be a nice touch. :D

@Arden.7480 said:

@Arden.7480 said:I doubt it was a bugged off-episode reveal, because it'd make sense that we would get to talk to her1) She said: Let people grieve for a while, we'll talk soon enough

Why would a spymaster be taking time to do races? Especially when he's one of hiding his identity?

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Why would a spymaster be taking time to do races? Especially when he's one of hiding his identity?

well, he didn't. But well, it's just the unmasker inside of me speaking now.

I think there might be the possibility that this land is already under control of the Iron Legion, or at least that we can expect some Legion presence there. The Deldrimor Front lies south of Ascalon, in close proximity to the Plains of Ashford and more importantly, the Black Citadel. Since the Legion borders Flame to the north, Blood and Ash to east and north east, Ebonhawke to the south east and the Shiverpeaks to the west, any expansion would have to go into the formerly dwarven territory.There are several arguments for that: It is said, the charr discovered dwarven gunpowder and went nuts with it, but they also had a steamboat prototype in Sea of Sorrows. This requires some sort of naval facility connected to the Sea of Sorrows, otherwise the Havoc and Sykox Steamshroud wouldn't have been there.And if the Iron Legion has reached the coastline around 100 years ago, it's more than likely that they are still around, looking for ores and other resources for the charr industry. So the land might be at least nominally part of the legions, putting the Legion's naval base somewhere around the old Ice Floe. There is a good chance we'll find an iron mine, and of course, priory researchers, since the land is of historical interest.If we use the immensely useful map by that_shaman, we find that the location of Thunderhead Keep is south of Ashford and west of the Brand. Leaving this space unoccupied would have made any attempt to siege Ebonhawke futile, as human mountaineers would have been able to circumvent the blockade. Instead they had to construct an asura gate, which apparently is not the cheapest option.

@Susy.7529 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:Really hope they don't make the map like Bitterfrost and the cold proc and freeze spam everywhere.

Lore-wise this shouldn't be the case since we're not so close to the northern and colder Shiverpeaks nor to Jormag's domain.

Yeah that's true, I'm just wary because of the last arctic living world map being so much of a pain.

@"Castigator.3470" said:I think there might be the possibility that this land is already under control of the Iron Legion, or at least that we can expect some Legion presence there. The Deldrimor Front lies south of Ascalon, in close proximity to the Plains of Ashford and more importantly, the Black Citadel. Since the Legion borders Flame to the north, Blood and Ash to east and north east, Ebonhawke to the south east and the Shiverpeaks to the west, any expansion would have to go into the formerly dwarven territory.There are several arguments for that: It is said, the charr discovered dwarven gunpowder and went nuts with it, but they also had a steamboat prototype in Sea of Sorrows. This requires some sort of naval facility connected to the Sea of Sorrows, otherwise the Havoc and Sykox Steamshroud wouldn't have been there.And if the Iron Legion has reached the coastline around 100 years ago, it's more than likely that they are still around, looking for ores and other resources for the charr industry. So the land might be at least nominally part of the legions, putting the Legion's naval base somewhere around the old Ice Floe. There is a good chance we'll find an iron mine, and of course, priory researchers, since the land is of historical interest.If we use the immensely useful map by that_shaman, we find that the location of Thunderhead Keep is south of Ashford and west of the Brand. Leaving this space unoccupied would have made any attempt to siege Ebonhawke futile, as human mountaineers would have been able to circumvent the blockade. Instead they had to construct an asura gate, which apparently is not the cheapest option.

I doubt this map will be, but if we get the remaining space between it and ashford, there will almost definitely be iron legion. Part of that land even looks like it’s Ascalon

@"Castigator.3470" said:I think there might be the possibility that this land is already under control of the Iron Legion, or at least that we can expect some Legion presence there. The Deldrimor Front lies south of Ascalon, in close proximity to the Plains of Ashford and more importantly, the Black Citadel. Since the Legion borders Flame to the north, Blood and Ash to east and north east, Ebonhawke to the south east and the Shiverpeaks to the west, any expansion would have to go into the formerly dwarven territory.There are several arguments for that: It is said, the charr discovered dwarven gunpowder and went nuts with it, but they also had a steamboat prototype in Sea of Sorrows. This requires some sort of naval facility connected to the Sea of Sorrows, otherwise the Havoc and Sykox Steamshroud wouldn't have been there.And if the Iron Legion has reached the coastline around 100 years ago, it's more than likely that they are still around, looking for ores and other resources for the charr industry. So the land might be at least nominally part of the legions, putting the Legion's naval base somewhere around the old Ice Floe. There is a good chance we'll find an iron mine, and of course, priory researchers, since the land is of historical interest.If we use the immensely useful map by that_shaman, we find that the location of Thunderhead Keep is south of Ashford and west of the Brand. Leaving this space unoccupied would have made any attempt to siege Ebonhawke futile, as human mountaineers would have been able to circumvent the blockade. Instead they had to construct an asura gate, which apparently is not the cheapest option.

There's a river between Iron Mines of Moladune and Thunderhead Keep. That river would be the most likely place for the Iron Legion to launch their steam ship prototypes (or more accurately, down south of that spot, as there would likely be frozen most of the year). I'd imagine they'd have taken some presence in Moladune area, more than Thunderhead Keep.

Keep in mind that the dredge have, per The Movement of the World, taken most of the southern dwarven territory. So most of the Deldrimor Front should be dredge occupied (and we do indeed see some dredge in the trailer).

Ultimately, I think it depends just where the map is and how close to the river - and above that, how much ArenaNet remembers these bits of lore (and given their track record for remembering the small things...).

Dwarven ruins and Dredge reminds me of Sieran... :'(

Dredge were persecuted by the Dwarves, and when the Dwarves made their sacrifice, Dredge became much more bold and annoying.

Also you can see the machinery behind the racing roller beetle before you see a single dredge.

So it will be very much dredg-y, i hope there will be talking spiders, and a lot of amazing landscapes and deep caverns.

Archived