Roller beetle comp not in Oz?

Apologies if there's already a topic for this somewhere. Please add this to that if there is.

I have a simple question, Anet. Thank you for the beetle tracks! Wonderful idea. And the comp is exciting... but it doesn't appear to be available in Australia.According to the fine print on this page (https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/roller-beetle-racing-is-drifting-your-way/) it's available in the "U.S., Austria, Canada (excluding Quebec), Finland, France, Germany, New Zealand, Norway, Russia, Switzerland, and the UK"... but not Australia.

Enquiring minds that live in Australia can't help wondering... how comes?

There are several threads on the front page. For ease, here is the quote from Gaile again

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:I have seen some concerns about eligibility, so I talked to folks and have some information to share:

Each contest, sweepstakes, and tournament is bound by specific eligibility rules as outlined in the official announcement of the event on our website. Contest, sweepstakes, and tournament rules are reviewed by legal counsel. While we would very much like to offer our contests and sweepstakes on a global scale, doing so simply is not possible. This is because our eligibility standards must respect the legal restrictions that are set by a particular country, state, or province. For instance, one province requires the payment of a substantial fee in order to make a contest available to its residents, and one country requires a completely separate prize pool for its citizens. As you can imagine, it is not feasible for us to tailor a contest or sweepstakes on such a granular level, and with regret, we may determine that residents of that country, state, or province are ineligible for that particular contest.

ArenaNet forms partnerships in many different regions of the world, and we are always looking for ways to expand that reach. This means that one contest may be offered to residents of a country or group of countries, but a subsequent contest may extend eligibility to a completely different group of players. Therefore, if you are ineligible to participate in this sweepstakes, I suggest that you keep an eye on the rules for future events, as eligibility may change with an upcoming promotion.

Archived