Some of the Gold times needed for the new races are ridiculous

Will.9785

The only challenging aspect of Brisban is the gulley climb at the end. Everything is about speed management, timing your boosts for the uphill sections. There's only a few turns you need to drift on.

Not saying I aced it super easy; took me the longest of all the tracks to get gold on.

Not sure why everyone is complaining about late-loading textures. I haven't encounted anything that wouldn't slow me down that I wouldn't have expected to slow me down. In fact, some bushes seem very forgiving that you can drive through them. Even some trees!

@Will.9785 said:If you want a challenge you can compete on the leaderboards. Its too unforgiving the way it is now. You could have a flawless run and hit a blade of grass and you are screwed.

The only one that is unforgiving is Brisban Wildlands. The others you get a good 5-10 seconds of wiggle-room for mistakes to get Gold. Brisban Wildlands gives you less than 4, but that could just be because I ain't driving it perfectly.

• Confused 1

@Will.9785 said:If you want a challenge you can compete on the leaderboards. Its too unforgiving the way it is now. You could have a flawless run and hit a blade of grass and you are screwed.

It’s pretty forgiving but not to the point where getting gold as become a participation trophy. If you don’t want to earn gold medals then you don’t get the AP and gold scarf that comes with doing so.

• Sad 1

The gold times may need to be adjusted -- though I doubt it -- but there is no way anyone could make that determination after one day. If an unacceptable number of ppl have been able to meet the standard after a couple of weeks, they could do something then. Pls no knee-jerk reactions this time . . .

Keep trying. Practice riding the beetle, as well as learning track layout.Remember those HoT adventures which were incredibly difficult to get gold in took months to get adjusted? Anet can see the statistics on them and will adjust when/if necessary.I managed gold on all of them, but I enjoy using the beetle often anyway, so have had practice drifting and speeding everywhere.

I really hope that they keep the times, or add another time harder than gold for more achievements.people have begun feeling entitled to get everything served to them, its called achievement, it should be given out when you achieve something more than just participate.

@Einsof.1457 said:I actually like the challenge. Take your silver and go. Instead of begging for the content to be made easier, you can ask for tips and advice instead. The perceived entitlement needs to stop.

Normally I would. But they saw fit to put a scarf behind getting gold and so here I am. They are too difficult, just like the Halloween race was.

If the beetle controlled better or the terrain physics weren't so wildly inconsistent it would be better.... but right now it feels like an exercise in frustration and RNG. In one run you can hit a bump and get launched in the air... in another run you can hit the exact same spot and come to a dead stop.

On some of the tracks you cannot even tell where you are going because of lag and whatnot.

They need to spare us with these ridiculous times.

I have too much lag with so many players to try for the gold atm (apart from Gendarran, which is another tier of difficulty). I'll probably spend more time on them after 1-2 months.Btw, is it possible to get the gold on a single adventure, or you got it during the race, on the 2nd-3rd lap?

@Urud.4925 said:I have too much lag with so many players to try for the gold atm (apart from Gendarran, which is another tier of difficulty). I'll probably spend more time on them after 1-2 months.Btw, is it possible to get the gold on a single adventure, or you got it during the race, on the 2nd-3rd lap?

yes, its possible.