Performance on the Snowden Drifts race is terrible

Will.9785

@"Chaos.3579" said:these races are not your casual nice smooth road races....they are offload fury MADNESS! better buckle up and be prepared to be sprayed with mud,dirt, and foliageyou think a little snow is tough? try driving in a volcano

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/341634403

also i am second or third in snowden drifts :3

The audio on this is dissapointing. Needs more Eurobeat.

I assure you my hardware is fine. Its caused by the number of people on the map in a tight space combined with the fast movement. Even with the character model limit on its lowest setting it runs bad. Its one of, if not the worst, performing maps in the game right now. Even a packed Istan run goes smoother. Everyone in my guild was complaining about it, so I'm definitely not the only one.

Definitely confirm snowen impossible in my case, best time: 0:38, best fps: 6. During the whole race, whereas I can manage boosting max at the beginning+ first turn, I have more lags when arriving at the bridge: 100% missing the last drift or the bridge before the drift. I finally managed to do brisban, hopefully vines can make my beetle bounce. 0:34, got gold

@"Will.9785" said:Seriously. The FPS is terrible. Its literally unplayable. And you expect us to complete it in 0:32 for gold?

I am "only" getting severe FPS drops during the competitive races (on all maps!), but not during the time trials. That's bad enough, though, I'd say, as it is indeed unplayable that way.

@Dante.1763 said:I have an I7 with a 1060 and my FPS drops on lowest possible settings to roughly 15 on the snowden course. With the same settings on the other courses i usually get 30-45 depending on the course.I agree, snowen is the worst for me, I can't understand that FPS drop and those freeze... I have 35-60 FPS on others tracks NO JOKING. And always at the end of the circuit before the last drift, at the bridge and before when you pass under that stone arch with several treesNote that when I'm not using mount, I've 70-110 fps

@hugo.4705 said:

@Dante.1763 said:I agree, snowen is the worst for me, I can't understand that FPS drop and those freeze... I have 75-100 FPS on others tracks NO JOKING. And always at the end of the circuit before the last drift, at the bridge and before when you pass under that stone arch with several trees

Yup same thing here that spot drops down to 5 on my laptop(i need to get a tower so bad...), and the stuttering is terrible.

Odd that you have those issues. My FPS only ever plummeted when the race was going on, but Time Trial, when I can do whenever I want without a huge crowd, it's decently high. Already have gotten gold twice there and completed the daily race for it. It's tough, yes, but try racing when there's less people or when the map is closing. Less people = less lag.

@Kanok.3027 said:Odd that you have those issues. My FPS only ever plummeted when the race was going on, but Time Trial, when I can do whenever I want without a huge crowd, it's decently high. Already have gotten gold twice there and completed the daily race for it. It's tough, yes, but try racing when there's less people or when the map is closing. Less people = less lag.

Oh ive gotten gold on all of them, i just wont be doing the snowden one like..ever until i can get a tower i think.

@Will.9785 said:Seriously. The FPS is terrible. Its literally unplayable. And you expect us to complete it in 0:32 for gold?

It's not just that map. It's game wide. Since the patch my FPS has tanked to 2FPS whenever more than a few players are together. It's not my system because it was fine before the patch. It seems like about every other path has tanking FPS issues for a few weeks then it will mysteriously go away.

Archived