Do you play a "hipster build"? If so, what?

Abelisk.4527

What I mean by hipster is something that is basically unused anymore/never touched. Cool builds, fun builds, interesting builds, stuff you see 1-in-20ish games.

Preferably it's something viable, as in, it has a positive effect on the outcome of Conquest.

I'm sure there are many out there who like to explore different builds like myself, as they feel like a change of pace compared to spamming the same meta build over and over.

I'll start then:

Here is an Elementalist build I'll call Power Burst Tempest.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJBLhFyxgSG2yAfGwHxSDg5eZ7sfWhAZA4DWkFuCRBA-jJBOABAs/w6PAA0PBA+WGAA

Note: You can swap the heal with Ether renewal for condi cleanse, and you can swap Arcane Wave for Feel The Burn

You can also swap the ferocity trait in Air specialization for the fury+swiftness especially if taking Feel the Burn

Finally you can take Marauder's amulet and keep the Ferocity trait in air specialization, but swap arcane wave for signet of fire for more crits.

You'll die a lot but at least you make others die a lot.

Paladin Bruiser Mirage -http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAnc8fnELD1qhVoBmpBMMjlVDzsEMN6JlbgiTAwfA2AjgA-jZxHQB0rMQAfAAA4kAYh9Hg3RAAA

Tanky, hits hard, can port. As for Elusive Mind it's a matter of taste. I know, 6 sec of exhaustion is horrible. If running EM you could try swapping portal or blink with Illusionary Ambush to help during exhaustion. Exhaustion isn't too bad if you utilize your weapon skills well.

I play:

Condi Mallyx/Glint Herald with Speed RunesPower Zerker without Endure or Defy Pain and Mending as my healDagger/Pistol glass DeadeyeGS / Staff Power ReaperA Core Ranger using GS and LB with two Wyverns called Sugar and Spice

And I'm working on a Chronomancer, a STAFF condi kite guardian, a Kit scrapper, and a Fresh Air Weaver. I don't know those well enough to reliably win matches yet.

All my builds are stupid right now, but the disbelief factor in getting steamrolled by one is more fun than anything ranked has for me atm. If I decide to do anything in ranked its spellbreaker spellbreaker spellbreaker though.

I have been playing core guardian, aegis shatter with runes of speed and retreat. I am using sword/focus and mace/shield. It works pretty well. I can do around 2 aegis every 10 secs or so.

I also play core guardian using zeal/radiance and valor, with GS and sword. It is not way off the guardian core build though.

Gotta love some bunker chronohttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAreWnsIC1filpBupBEgiFhj68D2gRreT/0S1sAagAA-jZhIABc/AAevMAAnCAg2fw/jAAA

730 heal (plus another 150 barrier) to self and 300 heals to allies per illusion summons. Decent ressing power, good CC options if timed well (can swap to BI for survival). Great 1v1 potential on people not relying on bursts, good condi removals.

Oh did I mentioned you also get the same healing benefit with chronophantasma and clones from phantasms?

But you can't really kill anyone, totally hipster just tanking sides ;)

Archived