The time has come to make Fast Hands and Warrior's Sprint baseline — Guild Wars 2 Forums

The time has come to make Fast Hands and Warrior's Sprint baseline

Warrior Runes now do the job of arguably what was the most crucial minor trait on the Warrior. This allows other players to open up the weapon swaps, but also makes warriors have a trait that feels redundant. Thus, competitively, with all the warrior telegraphs, Warrior feels weak in some regards. Take the opportunity to make Fast hands baseline and remake it to where it's more damage or versatility on weapon swap through some other means.

Also, GS- HB-> never gets the attention it deserves not even when fully spec'd for it. IOW, it doesn't do enough damage. I know people will say the damage is fine but competitively it fails at doing any damage to a thinking target. And everyone has come up against this skill before (exaggerated but most people who know the game). Increase by 2-5% at least.

Finally the biggest change that must get attention at some time. Warrior's Sprint is now leaning towards having swiftness and removing slowing conditions instead of having that perma 25% movement increase. So the question becomes, will it become baseline? Or will Anet leave the demanded trait to still be just that- demanded? Anet is taking the right steps towards what looks like a baseline. So here's my suggestion- Make Warrior's Sprint give lot's more swiftness and remove chill, immobilized , and crippled, at the expense of that 25% movement increase.

ANET SINCERELY HEAR ME OUT- I know it's tempting to not buff warrior baseline and open him up to the other traits, as it would call into question every other class that may need equal parts balancing. HOWEVER, warrior has been pigeon-held for too long and it's time to give the class the freedom it deserves. Thusly, the other classes deserve their buffs or balance updates respectively. In any case, do not ignore this issue any more pllleeeeeeeeeeeeease. It's been years of warrior being isolated from certain traits in comp. Free us from defense, discipline, and our only selective trait. We're being squeezed more and more.

Imagine there's no condi

Comments

• Hitman.5829Hitman.5829 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2018

@gmmg.9210 said:
    Free us from defense, discipline, and our only selective trait.

Amen to that brother.

Warrior needs to have baseline traits that are unique to the profession.

• Base line 5 second weapon swap.
    • Warrior sprint

Charr Warrior Master Race!
    Black Gate Beast Roamer chicken chaser!

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

Every class has a trait that increases their movement speed passively, warrior is the only one with a melee only requirement. If you want to change one thing, change that. Everything else is just whining.

Logging out forever.

• MyPuppy.8970MyPuppy.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Blocki.4931 said:
    Every class has a trait that increases their movement speed passively, warrior is the only one with a melee only requirement. If you want to change one thing, change that. Everything else is just whining.

Eles don't neither, but swiftness uptime is not really an issue.

• Iozeph.5617Iozeph.5617 Member ✭✭✭

@MyPuppy.8970 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

Eles don't neither, but swiftness uptime is not really an issue.

Elementalists have a signet for run speed.

• lodjur.1284lodjur.1284 Member ✭✭✭

@Blocki.4931 said:

Necros don't have one and don't you mention that signet. Discipline is a top tier trait-line (for where warrior's sprint matters). Locust Signet is a mediocre skill. Guardian also doesn't have a trait for this (except in dragonhunter a very specialized traitline).

If you think everyone should get a free 25% movement speed (that doesnt stack) outside of combat I am with you tho

Ögonen omges av vita och svarta penseldrag som gör att de ser större ut än vad de egentligen är. Baksidan av lodjurets öron kantas av svart päls som slutar i den karaktäristiska tofsen högst upp på örat. Lodjurets svans är kortare än de flesta andra kattdjurs.

• DeceiverX.8361DeceiverX.8361 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2018

When the game first launched, the only profession in the game with a permanent movespeed increase was Thief with Signet of Shadows, which used to have a higher cooldown and a worse active. They gave most professions a build option for increased movespeed for QoL purposes when traveling the maps out of combat since burning skills was kind of lame.

Now everyone wants this effect, which was originally profession-specific, for free with zero build investment.

If that's not a testament to power creep, I don't know what is.

You sure that Sniper idea is as good as you thought it was gonna be?
    Because I think my original idea is better.

• lodjur.1284lodjur.1284 Member ✭✭✭

@DeceiverX.8361 said:
    When the game first launched, the only profession in the game with a permanent movespeed increase was Thief with Signet of Shadows, which used to have a higher cooldown and a worse active. They gave most professions a build option for increased movespeed for QoL purposes when traveling the maps out of combat since burning skills was kind of lame.

Now everyone wants this effect, which was originally profession-specific, for free with zero build investment.

If that's not a testament to power creep, I don't know what is.

Well outside of combat it's not a power increase, its a QoL increase. Running is boring, fighting is fun (or at least is supposed to), In combat most players have more or less permanent swiftness (except when attacked but then they have cripple/chill/immob anyway), so it wouldn't really change anything but prolly shouldn't be changed.

Ögonen omges av vita och svarta penseldrag som gör att de ser större ut än vad de egentligen är. Baksidan av lodjurets öron kantas av svart päls som slutar i den karaktäristiska tofsen högst upp på örat. Lodjurets svans är kortare än de flesta andra kattdjurs.

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

Warrior runes have been -20% since 2014. I'm not sure how they all of a sudden become an excuse to give warriors fast hands baseline.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.