LFR - some kind of compromise - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

LFR - some kind of compromise

2>

Comments

  • maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Astralporing.1957 said:
    Not really. Or at least it doesn't require any significant level of skill (some minimum is of course necessary, but it is relatively low. On some bosses can be very low). All your skill really influences is how long it will take you to learn the encounter, never whether you will be able to do it.

    From this post: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/113984/#Comment_113984

    Could they be more accessible from a "finding 9 other players to play with" side? Sure.

    So instead of saying how hard it is to find 9 others to Raid and how it's a second job, how about finding ways to make it easier to find 9 others to Raid with? And no an easy mode wouldn't help with this. What's your proposal?

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2018

    @maddoctor.2738 said:

    @Astralporing.1957 said:
    Not really. Or at least it doesn't require any significant level of skill (some minimum is of course necessary, but it is relatively low. On some bosses can be very low). All your skill really influences is how long it will take you to learn the encounter, never whether you will be able to do it.

    From this post: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/113984/#Comment_113984

    Could they be more accessible from a "finding 9 other players to play with" side? Sure.

    So instead of saying how hard it is to find 9 others to Raid and how it's a second job, how about finding ways to make it easier to find 9 others to Raid with? And no an easy mode wouldn't help with this. What's your proposal?

    That's the point we disagree on.

    But no, i don't have a magic solution. I fear that the problem i spoke of is the core feature of raids - it's not possible to change it without making raids something a lot of raiders wouldn't want. Notice also, that heavily restricted (whether directly or indirectly) accessibility is also a feature many raiders want. When everyone's special, noone is.

    In the end that's also what the real offense of easy mode would be (and why it's getting so much resistance). It would let the "unworthy" to join the club.

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2018

    @Astralporing.1957 said:

    @maddoctor.2738 said:

    @Astralporing.1957 said:
    Not really. Or at least it doesn't require any significant level of skill (some minimum is of course necessary, but it is relatively low. On some bosses can be very low). All your skill really influences is how long it will take you to learn the encounter, never whether you will be able to do it.

    From this post: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/113984/#Comment_113984

    Could they be more accessible from a "finding 9 other players to play with" side? Sure.

    So instead of saying how hard it is to find 9 others to Raid and how it's a second job, how about finding ways to make it easier to find 9 others to Raid with? And no an easy mode wouldn't help with this. What's your proposal?

    That's the point we disagree on.

    But no, i don't have a magic solution. I fear that the problem i spoke of is the core feature of raids - it's not possible to change it without making raids something a lot of raiders wouldn't want. Notice also, that heavily restricted (whether directly or indirectly) accessibility is also a feature many raiders want. When everyone's special, noone is.

    In the end that's also what the real offense of easy mode would be (and why it's getting so much resistance). It would let the "unworthy" to join the club.

    Well its more that we would get 1 wing every 1½ or 2 years instead since they have to balance two modes.

  • maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Astralporing.1957 said:
    That's the point we disagree on.

    An easy mode would help those that don't want to Raid to get whatever parts of Raid rewards are available in that mode. It won't help in any way or form players in "finding 9 other players to play -the current raids- with". An easy mode wouldn't increase accessibility of -the current- Raids, especially if it's implemented in a way discussed in this thread, allowing a group of 10 random players to be matched together and finish it. Now there could be a version of an easy mode that could potentially help, but I'm sure most of those asking for an easy mode wouldn't like it, as it's been said countless times that those asking for it, don't want to actually train or get better. That's not their style. So adding an easy mode is pointless in filling the goal presented by the developers themselves.

  • zombyturtle.5980zombyturtle.5980 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2018

    Notice also, that heavily restricted (whether directly or indirectly) accessibility is also a feature many raiders want. When everyone's special, noone is.

    Whats your evidence for that? I raid and Id love for more people to become interested in raiding. Noone I know either wants people intentionally kept away from the game mode, unless they refuse to put in effort to meet needs of a group ofc.

    As long as the current raids arent compromised in any way to bring more people in, most raiders would be happy to see the mode grow.

  • Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭

    So WvW / PvP have established a bit of a pattern, that maybe Pve could potentially benefit from. This came up on the other raid forum thread as well. What if easy mode raids allowed you to craft Legendary Armor. Not the perfected Envoy set, but something that looked like the refined set.

    Right now if you hop into PvP and WvW you can start working on PvP /WvW Armor which can be created using the ardent glorious hero set (pvp) and Triumphant hero’s Armor for WvW, no real requirements other then playing WvW and PvP. If you want the real juicy Armor, Mistforged Triumphant and Mistforged Glorious Armor sets, it’s going to take some dedication, 2000 WvW rank and 100 PvP rank.

    These sets are competing with the Legendary Armor pve anyhow, and would still leave the normal mode for dedicated people to get the Perfect Envoy Armor.

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Players would then demand a fancy skin to go with it soon after it was released. Same thing they did with sPvP and WvW versions.

  • Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Let them demand.

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Tyson.5160 said:
    Let them demand.

    That same thing can be said about those that want easy mode raids.

    So... “Let them demand.”

  • Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    @Tyson.5160 said:
    Let them demand.

    That same thing can be said about those that want easy mode raids.

    So... “Let them demand.”

    Sure and everything else in the game.

  • Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I think one issue here is that the devs decided that you can upgrade the lesser sets. Had they just stuck to a pattern of rank 2000 you can craft WvW Armor or rank 100 for pvp or that crafting the Armor gets you the Mistforged glorious or the Mistforged Triumphant sets then it would have stuck to a pattern established by Raids. They didn’t do this.

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Raids doesn’t have a pattern as there is only one set of ascended armor that can be upgraded. WvW and sPvP now both have like three that can.

  • Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:
    Raids doesn’t have a pattern as there is only one set of ascended armor that can be upgraded. WvW and sPvP now both have like three that can.

    Yeah, no, what I meant was if pvp WvW only had the one Legendary Armor such as both Mistforged sets. That would have made more sense. Instead of upgrading the other two lesser skins.

2>
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.