Golden Racing Scarf

Rikimaru.7890

To me, the disappointing thing about the Golden Racing Scarf is that it has only one dye channel. Normal Racing Scarf has three. Shouldn't the better version have more options. As an example the mounts that you get for free are the ones only have one dye channel and the gemstore ones are the ones with more dye channels.

@"Rikimaru.7890" said:The Golden Racing Scarf isn't really gold, it's just dyed with Gold Dye so it can be dyed any color.As much as I never cared for it I still feel cheated. Anyone else feel the same?

lol what were you expecting exactly?

There's basically no other way they could have done a "gold scarf" that wouldn't have just been worse than what we got.

@Abelisk.4527 said:One thing I guess kinda throws me off is the shader used for the scarf. It's that metallic texture that desaturates every dye.

I agree with this. The shader that gives it that plastic look is meh, but really only on the normal one. I'd expect that kind of thing on the golden scarf, but not on the normal. Can we get rid of that on the normal scarf?

@Rikimaru.7890 said:The Golden Racing Scarf isn't really gold, it's just dyed with Gold Dye so it can be dyed any color.As much as I never cared for it I still feel cheated. Anyone else feel the same?

I agree it should be made of real gold. Truth in advertising and all. I get that this would be expensive to produce at over $1200 per ounce but no compromising on integrity.

Once we get this fixed its on to the next crusade: Gold,, Silver, and Copper coin drops are actually made of real gold, silver, and copper. ANet owes me billions of dollars!!!

@sorudo.9054 said:maybe it's because this game can't really handle gold shading?@Ashen.2907 said:

@Rikimaru.7890 said:The
Golden Racing Scarf
isn't really gold, it's just dyed with
Gold Dye
so it can be dyed any color.As much as I never cared for it I still feel cheated. Anyone else feel the same?

I agree it should be made of real gold. Truth in advertising and all. I get that this would be expensive to produce at over $1200 per ounce but no compromising on integrity.

Once we get this fixed its on to the next crusade: Gold,, Silver, and Copper coin drops are actually made of real gold, silver, and copper. ANet owes me billions of dollars!!!Then everyone would complain that its stiff instead of having physics.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:maybe it's because this game can't really handle gold shading?@Ashen.2907 said:

Golden Racing Scarf
Gold Dye
so it can be dyed any color.As much as I never cared for it I still feel cheated. Anyone else feel the same?

Once we get this fixed its on to the next crusade: Gold,, Silver, and Copper coin drops are actually made of real gold, silver, and copper. ANet owes me billions of dollars!!!Then everyone would complain that its stiff instead of having physics.

It has physics? Mines stiff as hell, just sits there on my Charr.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Golden Racing Scarf
Gold Dye

what does shading have to do with physics?

@"Rikimaru.7890" said:As much as I never cared for it I still feel cheated. Anyone else feel the same?

How so? :o Why would the fact that it's dyeable make you feel "cheated"?

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Isn't it shinier than the regular one?

Yes, it has a metal surface.

@Dante.1763 said:It has physics? Mines stiff as hell, just sits there on my Charr.

Might be your graphics settings?

@Dante.1763 said:It has physics? Mines stiff as hell, just sits there on my Charr.

Might be worth repairing your client. Sometimes the only symptoms of a corrupted file within the .DAT are weird things like that: no physics on an item that is supposed to have physics or disappearing objects. Unlikely, but since it's free to try, why not? (Well, it costs some time: depending on the speed of your hard drive, could take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, maybe more if you have an older set of specs.)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

Might be worth repairing your client. Sometimes the only symptoms of a corrupted file within the .DAT are weird things like that: no physics on an item that is supposed to have physics or disappearing objects. Unlikely, but since it's free to try, why not? (Well, it costs some time: depending on the speed of your hard drive, could take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, maybe more if you have an older set of specs.)

Mmm how do i do that anyways? never had a need to do it.

@Dante.1763 said:

Create a shortcut to GW2 and adjust the properties to a -repair after the path (e.g. "c:\gaming\gw2\gw2.exe" -repair).(The GW2 Knowledge Base has a step-by-step explanation for those who need it: click on 'Support' above and search for 'repair'.)

Also just found another thread that offered this idea:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/759125/#Comment_759125@Gildarts.1769 said:If you have your animation settings set to low the scarf will be stiff as a board.If you then try to turn it up to medium or high the character models wont reload until you either go to a new map or the character select screen.

I have noticed one work around though.If you hide and unhide a piece of equipment it will reset the character model to your current settings.Figured that out because the blue glow on leystone armor has the same problem.

This is obviously easier to try.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

Create a shortcut to GW2 and adjust the properties to a
-repair
after the path (e.g.
"c:\gaming\gw2\gw2.exe" -repair
).(The GW2 Knowledge Base has a step-by-step explanation for those who need it: click on 'Support' above and search for 'repair'.)

Also just found another thread that offered this idea:

@Gildarts.1769 said:If you have your animation settings set to low the scarf will be stiff as a board.If you then try to turn it up to medium or high the character models wont reload until you either go to a new map or the character select screen.

I have noticed one work around though.If you hide and unhide a piece of equipment it will reset the character model to your current settings.Figured that out because the blue glow on leystone armor has the same problem.

This is obviously easier to try.

Well, my animations are set to high so it looks something else is broked, trying the repair right now.

Archived