Elusive Mind Needs Some Love — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Elusive Mind Needs Some Love

Sampson.2403Sampson.2403 Member ✭✭✭

Tagging 6 seconds of exhaustion on a grandmaster trait is considered a felony where i come from.

Knock it down to 4 seconds and we can all walk away from this like it never even happened.

<1

Comments

• coro.3176coro.3176 Member ✭✭✭

Absolutely not. It effectively lets you undo poor play (getting hit with a stun in the first place) after the fact and doesn't even cost you a utility or weapon skill. Oh, and you can do it twice in a row with no ICD. Exhaustion is the least they can do to keep it balanced.

• @coro.3176 said:
    Absolutely not. It effectively lets you undo poor play (getting hit with a stun in the first place) after the fact and doesn't even cost you a utility or weapon skill. Oh, and you can do it twice in a row with no ICD. Exhaustion is the least they can do to keep it balanced.

So I expect to see you posting about all the midtier traits that reward you with various forms of semi-immunity for poor play. Any time now...

• coro.3176coro.3176 Member ✭✭✭

@SteepledHat.1345 said:

@coro.3176 said:

So I expect to see you posting about all the midtier traits that reward you with various forms of semi-immunity for poor play. Any time now...

I do .. pretty often

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/754958#Comment_754958
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/750044#Comment_750044

• SteepledHat.1345SteepledHat.1345 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2018

@coro.3176 said:

@SteepledHat.1345 said:

@coro.3176 said:

I do .. pretty often

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/754958#Comment_754958
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/750044#Comment_750044

Touche, have a thumbs up.

• since this is a democracy vote for me for next balance team pres and I will fix all woes.
    all woes everywhere.

• mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

@shadowpass.4236 said:
    Don't allow Mirage to dodge while cc'd

Remove the stunbreak and exhaustion from EM, increase condi clear to 2 per dodge or add 20% cdr on deception skills

Deal.

• BlaqueFyre.5678BlaqueFyre.5678 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    since this is a democracy vote for me for next balance team pres and I will fix all woes.
    all woes everywhere.

All woes? Everywhere? So some QoL fixes for Rev and bug fixes? You get my vote!

• @Sampson.2403 said:
    Tagging 6 seconds of exhaustion on a grandmaster trait is considered a felony where i come from.

Knock it down to 4 seconds and we can all walk away from this like it never even happened.

You sound like a shady negotiating mobster and it's 10/10

[Charr Noises]
    [Plays every class]
    [Every PvP game has bad balance because every PvP game has bad players.]

• @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    since this is a democracy vote for me for next balance team pres and I will fix all woes.
    all woes everywhere.

All woes? Everywhere? So some QoL fixes for Rev and bug fixes? You get my vote!

haha cheers mate.

• apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:

Remove the stunbreak and exhaustion from EM, increase condi clear to 2 per dodge or add 20% cdr on deception skills

Deal.

Also deal.

I stand with Mo.

• @shadowpass.4236 said:

Also reduce the evade time to 3/4 s like a normal dodge. And increase the abush window.

• Vieux P.1238Vieux P.1238 Member ✭✭✭✭

Nope to OP.
    I say there been so many crying complainers about it, i say leave it as is. So they can't rant that's the reason mirage is broken & not there own flaky skill's.
    As predicted same complainers found something else now to complain about mirage now that EM is no longer an issue. Now it's to many clones or de-targeting & Chrono is to op.

Winter Nerf is coming!

@Zex Anthon.8673 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:

Also reduce the evade time to 3/4 s like a normal dodge. And increase the abush window.

Abolutely not.

@Oslaf Beinir.5842 said:
    Why use EM when IH is there?

Just the condition cleanse on dodge really.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Oslaf Beinir.5842 said:

No

Winter Nerf is coming!

• XECOR.2814XECOR.2814 Member ✭✭✭

Half the power and condi damage.

• Abelisk.4527Abelisk.4527 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2018

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Oslaf Beinir.5842 said:

No

I use it for condi cleanse too.

• incisorr.9502incisorr.9502 Member ✭✭✭

at this point elusive mind is just an anti-skill and it feels like kitten to use it because the only way you do damage as mesmer is with mirage cloak, which costs stamina
    which means you have less defensive dodges because mirage cloak is used offensively

and due to the vigor nerfs (and yes, it's true that every class in the game has better vigor uptime with a few exceptions) and also needing mirage cloak to attack OFFENSIVELY that means you ACTUALLY HAVE LESS DODGES AS A MESMER which isn't a rocket science its common sense but we all know that 99% of the anti-mesmer whine is made by people that don't play or understand mesmer

elusive mind needs to go back to 3s exhaustion and even then it would still not be that good but at least a consideration

• It just needs eiher Shadowpass suggestion or cleanse one condi and one MIC if you feel 2 condis is too much.
    Even 3 sec exhaustion is trash if you don't have endurance gain skills.

• Sampson.2403Sampson.2403 Member ✭✭✭

Do I need to call Joe Pesci?

• Make mirage unable to use mirage cloak when cc'ed
    revert changes on EM and put a 10 sec ICD

• Nerf mirage until it's unviable. That's all we'll accept.

• BeLZedaR.4790BeLZedaR.4790 Member ✭✭✭

EM is a badly designed trait. Doesn't need unnerf, just a redesign.
    Something like this would work:

@shadowpass.4236 said:

Unyielding Legend
    Make condi rev great again!
    Say no to braindead high reward builds

• apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2018

@BeLZedaR.4790 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:

The funny thing is this was suggested very rapidly in the mesmer forum shortly after PoF though without the deception skills CDR, really it doesn't need more power creep, 2 conditions cleansed would be insanely good for power mirage. Also Shadowpass if I remember correctly was advocating some pretty heavy handed nerfs to mirage and EM at that time. He seems to have seen the error of his ways.

I stand with Mo.

• shadowpass.4236shadowpass.4236 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2018

@apharma.3741 said:

@BeLZedaR.4790 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:

The funny thing is this was suggested very rapidly in the mesmer forum shortly after PoF though without the deception skills CDR, really it doesn't need more power creep, 2 conditions cleansed would be insanely good for power mirage. Also Shadowpass if I remember correctly was advocating some pretty heavy handed nerfs to mirage and EM at that time. He seems to have seen the error of his ways.

My suggestions haven't changed. I've been arguing the same changes since PoF came out. However, people have stopped using EM due to the exhaustion, so they're more receptive to it getting reworked than they used to be.

I've always said that Mirage should never have been able to dodge/stunbreak on dodge. Remove those mechanics, the exhaustion from EM, and give it a little extra to make up for it.

Also, Mirage still needs more nerfs. However, so do Boonbeast, Holosmith, and many other classes.

• Master Ketsu.4569Master Ketsu.4569 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2018

Being able to evade while CCed is inherently broken so

@shadowpass.4236 said:

Is the correct action to take.

It's impossible to gauge how balanced Mirage is until this nonsense is addressed. IMO this should be the only change Mesmers get next balance patch.

• Devilman.1532Devilman.1532 Member ✭✭✭

and the MESEMERLOLTRAIN rolls on... don't you guys get it? Its what they consider their "signature class" that many of the Devs play. It will never be razed tot he ground like other classes int he history of this game have been and to a degree still are.

@Devilman.1532 said:
    and the MESEMERLOLTRAIN rolls on... don't you guys get it? Its what they consider their "signature class" that many of the Devs play. It will never be razed tot he ground like other classes int he history of this game have been and to a degree still are.

Arent you the guy playing Broken passives Holo?

Winter Nerf is coming!

• Blue.1207Blue.1207 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 5, 2018

Haha haha. Good joke. Elusive Mind needs a 18 second ICD Added to it.

Still a meme in the balance world. Trait never should have existed.

• @Blue.1207 said:

If not count they were asked to change it during beta ...
    And why 18 seconds icd? why not 10? Why not 15? Why not 20 or 30 ? What led you to this number ?

• @mortrialus.3062 said:

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@Devilman.1532 said:

Holo currently has 5 times the top 250 representation as mirage in NA but apparently it's still the mirage train somehow. Even when playing what is objectively the best, highest performing, highest impact build he's still whining about mesmers.

Unrelated but Holo is busted yet for much more obvious and easily fixed reasons than mirage. The entirety of yolosmiths problems can be traced to the hilariously massive overbuff given to Elixer U on the July 2018 balance patch, which more and more Engie players have started to fully understand how to exploit in the past two months. The skill combined with traits and boon duration is 10s of 2 stab stacks, stunbreak, 18 seconds of quickness, 12s vigor 20s might, all on a 30s recharge -oh and the TB part is AoE. The skill could legit be elite and I would still take it on my holo 100% not even joking this thing is cray.

You could give a random buff like that to any other utility skill on any other class and the class would become busted for the same reason.

All the balance team has to do is revert that one skill and Holosmith is probably balanced.

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@Devilman.1532 said:

Holo currently has 5 times the top 250 representation as mirage in NA but apparently it's still the mirage train somehow. Even when playing what is objectively the best, highest performing, highest impact build he's still whining about mesmers.

Unrelated but Holo is busted yet for much more obvious and easily fixed reasons than mirage. The entirety of yolosmiths problems can be traced to the hilariously massive overbuff given to Elixer U on the July 2018 balance patch, which more and more Engie players have started to fully understand how to exploit in the past two months. The skill combined with traits and boon duration is 10s of 2 stab stacks, stunbreak, 18 seconds of quickness, 12s vigor 20s might, all on a 30s recharge -oh and the TB part is AoE. The skill could legit be elite and I would still take it on my holo 100% not even joking this thing is cray.

You could give a random buff like that to any other utility skill on any other class and the class would become busted for the same reason.

All the balance team has to do is revert that one skill and Holosmith is probably balanced.

Nah. The Elixir traitline combined with the Holosmith line give the build far, far too much survivability and sustain for a build that's supposed to be so high risk high reward it's in danger of blowing itself up.

• BadMed.3846BadMed.3846 Member ✭✭✭

The window of opportunity to attack a Condi mirage is very brief. Yet their ability to apply conditions is endless. Big nerfs needed to fix this mess.

• Blue.1207Blue.1207 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 5, 2018

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

@Blue.1207 said:

And why 18 seconds icd? why not 10? Why not 15? Why not 20 or 30 ? What led you to this number ?

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

@Blue.1207 said:

Same time as sigil of annulment, arguably the best sigil in this boonspam fiesta.

Or maybe I just really like the number 8 and wanted to further dunk on mirage by adding 10 to it.

• Susy.7529Susy.7529 Member ✭✭✭

Ahahahahah NO!
    You got what you deserved for being literally a god class in PvP, imho you should be nerfed even more since Mirage is still too OP.

<1
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.