Elusive Mind Needs Some Love — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Elusive Mind Needs Some Love

Sampson.2403Sampson.2403 Member ✭✭✭

Tagging 6 seconds of exhaustion on a grandmaster trait is considered a felony where i come from.

Knock it down to 4 seconds and we can all walk away from this like it never even happened.

<1

Comments

  • coro.3176coro.3176 Member ✭✭✭

    Absolutely not. It effectively lets you undo poor play (getting hit with a stun in the first place) after the fact and doesn't even cost you a utility or weapon skill. Oh, and you can do it twice in a row with no ICD. Exhaustion is the least they can do to keep it balanced.

  • @coro.3176 said:
    Absolutely not. It effectively lets you undo poor play (getting hit with a stun in the first place) after the fact and doesn't even cost you a utility or weapon skill. Oh, and you can do it twice in a row with no ICD. Exhaustion is the least they can do to keep it balanced.

    So I expect to see you posting about all the midtier traits that reward you with various forms of semi-immunity for poor play. Any time now...

  • coro.3176coro.3176 Member ✭✭✭

    @SteepledHat.1345 said:

    @coro.3176 said:
    Absolutely not. It effectively lets you undo poor play (getting hit with a stun in the first place) after the fact and doesn't even cost you a utility or weapon skill. Oh, and you can do it twice in a row with no ICD. Exhaustion is the least they can do to keep it balanced.

    So I expect to see you posting about all the midtier traits that reward you with various forms of semi-immunity for poor play. Any time now...

    I do .. pretty often

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/754958#Comment_754958
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/750044#Comment_750044

  • SteepledHat.1345SteepledHat.1345 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2018

    @coro.3176 said:

    @SteepledHat.1345 said:

    @coro.3176 said:
    Absolutely not. It effectively lets you undo poor play (getting hit with a stun in the first place) after the fact and doesn't even cost you a utility or weapon skill. Oh, and you can do it twice in a row with no ICD. Exhaustion is the least they can do to keep it balanced.

    So I expect to see you posting about all the midtier traits that reward you with various forms of semi-immunity for poor play. Any time now...

    I do .. pretty often

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/754958#Comment_754958
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/750044#Comment_750044

    Touche, have a thumbs up.

  • since this is a democracy vote for me for next balance team pres and I will fix all woes.
    all woes everywhere.

    pew~

  • mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @shadowpass.4236 said:
    Don't allow Mirage to dodge while cc'd

    Remove the stunbreak and exhaustion from EM, increase condi clear to 2 per dodge or add 20% cdr on deception skills

    Deal.

    The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

  • BlaqueFyre.5678BlaqueFyre.5678 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    since this is a democracy vote for me for next balance team pres and I will fix all woes.
    all woes everywhere.

    All woes? Everywhere? So some QoL fixes for Rev and bug fixes? You get my vote!

  • @Sampson.2403 said:
    Tagging 6 seconds of exhaustion on a grandmaster trait is considered a felony where i come from.

    Knock it down to 4 seconds and we can all walk away from this like it never even happened.

    You sound like a shady negotiating mobster and it's 10/10

    [Charr Noises]
    [Plays every class]
    [Balance is not going to happen Play whatever is easiest.]

  • @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

    @Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    since this is a democracy vote for me for next balance team pres and I will fix all woes.
    all woes everywhere.

    All woes? Everywhere? So some QoL fixes for Rev and bug fixes? You get my vote!

    haha cheers mate.

    pew~

  • apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @mortrialus.3062 said:

    @shadowpass.4236 said:
    Don't allow Mirage to dodge while cc'd

    Remove the stunbreak and exhaustion from EM, increase condi clear to 2 per dodge or add 20% cdr on deception skills

    Deal.

    Also deal.

  • @shadowpass.4236 said:
    Don't allow Mirage to dodge while cc'd

    Remove the stunbreak and exhaustion from EM, increase condi clear to 2 per dodge or add 20% cdr on deception skills

    Also reduce the evade time to 3/4 s like a normal dodge. And increase the abush window.

  • Vieux P.1238Vieux P.1238 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Nope to OP.
    I say there been so many crying complainers about it, i say leave it as is. So they can't rant that's the reason mirage is broken & not there own flaky skill's.
    As predicted same complainers found something else now to complain about mirage now that EM is no longer an issue. Now it's to many clones or de-targeting & Chrono is to op.

    Winter Nerf is coming!

  • mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Zex Anthon.8673 said:

    @shadowpass.4236 said:
    Don't allow Mirage to dodge while cc'd

    Remove the stunbreak and exhaustion from EM, increase condi clear to 2 per dodge or add 20% cdr on deception skills

    Also reduce the evade time to 3/4 s like a normal dodge. And increase the abush window.

    Abolutely not.

    The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

  • mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Oslaf Beinir.5842 said:
    Why use EM when IH is there?

    Just the condition cleanse on dodge really.

    The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

  • Vieux P.1238Vieux P.1238 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @mortrialus.3062 said:

    @Oslaf Beinir.5842 said:
    Why use EM when IH is there?

    Just the condition cleanse on dodge really.

    No

    Winter Nerf is coming!

  • XECOR.2814XECOR.2814 Member ✭✭✭

    Half the power and condi damage.

  • Abelisk.4527Abelisk.4527 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2018

    @Vieux P.1238 said:

    @mortrialus.3062 said:

    @Oslaf Beinir.5842 said:
    Why use EM when IH is there?

    Just the condition cleanse on dodge really.

    No

    I use it for condi cleanse too.

  • incisorr.9502incisorr.9502 Member ✭✭✭

    at this point elusive mind is just an anti-skill and it feels like kitten to use it because the only way you do damage as mesmer is with mirage cloak, which costs stamina
    which means you have less defensive dodges because mirage cloak is used offensively

    and due to the vigor nerfs (and yes, it's true that every class in the game has better vigor uptime with a few exceptions) and also needing mirage cloak to attack OFFENSIVELY that means you ACTUALLY HAVE LESS DODGES AS A MESMER which isn't a rocket science its common sense but we all know that 99% of the anti-mesmer whine is made by people that don't play or understand mesmer

    elusive mind needs to go back to 3s exhaustion and even then it would still not be that good but at least a consideration

  • It just needs eiher Shadowpass suggestion or cleanse one condi and one MIC if you feel 2 condis is too much.
    Even 3 sec exhaustion is trash if you don't have endurance gain skills.

  • Sampson.2403Sampson.2403 Member ✭✭✭

    Do I need to call Joe Pesci?

  • Make mirage unable to use mirage cloak when cc'ed
    revert changes on EM and put a 10 sec ICD

  • Nerf mirage until it's unviable. That's all we'll accept.

  • BeLZedaR.4790BeLZedaR.4790 Member ✭✭✭

    EM is a badly designed trait. Doesn't need unnerf, just a redesign.
    Something like this would work:

    @shadowpass.4236 said:
    Don't allow Mirage to dodge while cc'd

    Remove the stunbreak and exhaustion from EM, increase condi clear to 2 per dodge or add 20% cdr on deception skills

    Unyielding Legend
    Make condi rev great again!
    Say no to braindead high reward builds

  • apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2018

    @BeLZedaR.4790 said:
    EM is a badly designed trait. Doesn't need unnerf, just a redesign.
    Something like this would work:

    @shadowpass.4236 said:
    Don't allow Mirage to dodge while cc'd

    Remove the stunbreak and exhaustion from EM, increase condi clear to 2 per dodge or add 20% cdr on deception skills

    The funny thing is this was suggested very rapidly in the mesmer forum shortly after PoF though without the deception skills CDR, really it doesn't need more power creep, 2 conditions cleansed would be insanely good for power mirage. Also Shadowpass if I remember correctly was advocating some pretty heavy handed nerfs to mirage and EM at that time. He seems to have seen the error of his ways.

  • shadowpass.4236shadowpass.4236 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2018

    @apharma.3741 said:

    @BeLZedaR.4790 said:
    EM is a badly designed trait. Doesn't need unnerf, just a redesign.
    Something like this would work:

    @shadowpass.4236 said:
    Don't allow Mirage to dodge while cc'd

    Remove the stunbreak and exhaustion from EM, increase condi clear to 2 per dodge or add 20% cdr on deception skills

    The funny thing is this was suggested very rapidly in the mesmer forum shortly after PoF though without the deception skills CDR, really it doesn't need more power creep, 2 conditions cleansed would be insanely good for power mirage. Also Shadowpass if I remember correctly was advocating some pretty heavy handed nerfs to mirage and EM at that time. He seems to have seen the error of his ways.

    My suggestions haven't changed. I've been arguing the same changes since PoF came out. However, people have stopped using EM due to the exhaustion, so they're more receptive to it getting reworked than they used to be.

    I've always said that Mirage should never have been able to dodge/stunbreak on dodge. Remove those mechanics, the exhaustion from EM, and give it a little extra to make up for it.

    Also, Mirage still needs more nerfs. However, so do Boonbeast, Holosmith, and many other classes.

  • Master Ketsu.4569Master Ketsu.4569 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2018

    Being able to evade while CCed is inherently broken so

    @shadowpass.4236 said:
    Don't allow Mirage to dodge while cc'd

    Remove the stunbreak and exhaustion from EM, increase condi clear to 2 per dodge or add 20% cdr on deception skills

    Is the correct action to take.

    It's impossible to gauge how balanced Mirage is until this nonsense is addressed. IMO this should be the only change Mesmers get next balance patch.

  • Devilman.1532Devilman.1532 Member ✭✭✭

    and the MESEMERLOLTRAIN rolls on... don't you guys get it? Its what they consider their "signature class" that many of the Devs play. It will never be razed tot he ground like other classes int he history of this game have been and to a degree still are.

  • Vieux P.1238Vieux P.1238 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Devilman.1532 said:
    and the MESEMERLOLTRAIN rolls on... don't you guys get it? Its what they consider their "signature class" that many of the Devs play. It will never be razed tot he ground like other classes int he history of this game have been and to a degree still are.

    Arent you the guy playing Broken passives Holo?

    Winter Nerf is coming!

  • Blue.1207Blue.1207 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 5, 2018

    Haha haha. Good joke. Elusive Mind needs a 18 second ICD Added to it.

    Still a meme in the balance world. Trait never should have existed.

  • @Blue.1207 said:
    Haha haha. Good joke. Elusive Mind needs a 18 second ICD Added to it.

    Still a meme in the balance world. Trait never should have existed.

    If not count they were asked to change it during beta ...
    And why 18 seconds icd? why not 10? Why not 15? Why not 20 or 30 ? What led you to this number ?

  • Master Ketsu.4569Master Ketsu.4569 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @mortrialus.3062 said:

    @Vieux P.1238 said:

    @Devilman.1532 said:
    and the MESEMERLOLTRAIN rolls on... don't you guys get it? Its what they consider their "signature class" that many of the Devs play. It will never be razed tot he ground like other classes int he history of this game have been and to a degree still are.

    Arent you the guy playing Broken passives Holo?

    Holo currently has 5 times the top 250 representation as mirage in NA but apparently it's still the mirage train somehow. Even when playing what is objectively the best, highest performing, highest impact build he's still whining about mesmers.

    Unrelated but Holo is busted yet for much more obvious and easily fixed reasons than mirage. The entirety of yolosmiths problems can be traced to the hilariously massive overbuff given to Elixer U on the July 2018 balance patch, which more and more Engie players have started to fully understand how to exploit in the past two months. The skill combined with traits and boon duration is 10s of 2 stab stacks, stunbreak, 18 seconds of quickness, 12s vigor 20s might, all on a 30s recharge -oh and the TB part is AoE. The skill could legit be elite and I would still take it on my holo 100% not even joking this thing is cray.

    You could give a random buff like that to any other utility skill on any other class and the class would become busted for the same reason.

    All the balance team has to do is revert that one skill and Holosmith is probably balanced.

  • mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Master Ketsu.4569 said:

    @mortrialus.3062 said:

    @Vieux P.1238 said:

    @Devilman.1532 said:
    and the MESEMERLOLTRAIN rolls on... don't you guys get it? Its what they consider their "signature class" that many of the Devs play. It will never be razed tot he ground like other classes int he history of this game have been and to a degree still are.

    Arent you the guy playing Broken passives Holo?

    Holo currently has 5 times the top 250 representation as mirage in NA but apparently it's still the mirage train somehow. Even when playing what is objectively the best, highest performing, highest impact build he's still whining about mesmers.

    Unrelated but Holo is busted yet for much more obvious and easily fixed reasons than mirage. The entirety of yolosmiths problems can be traced to the hilariously massive overbuff given to Elixer U on the July 2018 balance patch, which more and more Engie players have started to fully understand how to exploit in the past two months. The skill combined with traits and boon duration is 10s of 2 stab stacks, stunbreak, 18 seconds of quickness, 12s vigor 20s might, all on a 30s recharge -oh and the TB part is AoE. The skill could legit be elite and I would still take it on my holo 100% not even joking this thing is cray.

    You could give a random buff like that to any other utility skill on any other class and the class would become busted for the same reason.

    All the balance team has to do is revert that one skill and Holosmith is probably balanced.

    Nah. The Elixir traitline combined with the Holosmith line give the build far, far too much survivability and sustain for a build that's supposed to be so high risk high reward it's in danger of blowing itself up.

    The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

  • BadMed.3846BadMed.3846 Member ✭✭✭

    The window of opportunity to attack a Condi mirage is very brief. Yet their ability to apply conditions is endless. Big nerfs needed to fix this mess.

  • Blue.1207Blue.1207 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 5, 2018

    @tinyreborn.1938 said:

    @Blue.1207 said:
    Haha haha. Good joke. Elusive Mind needs a 18 second ICD Added to it.

    Still a meme in the balance world. Trait never should have existed.

    If not count they were asked to change it during beta ...
    And why 18 seconds icd? why not 10? Why not 15? Why not 20 or 30 ? What led you to this number ?

    @tinyreborn.1938 said:

    @Blue.1207 said:
    Haha haha. Good joke. Elusive Mind needs a 18 second ICD Added to it.

    Still a meme in the balance world. Trait never should have existed.

    If not count they were asked to change it during beta ...
    And why 18 seconds icd? why not 10? Why not 15? Why not 20 or 30 ? What led you to this number ?

    Same time as sigil of annulment, arguably the best sigil in this boonspam fiesta.

    Or maybe I just really like the number 8 and wanted to further dunk on mirage by adding 10 to it.

  • Susy.7529Susy.7529 Member ✭✭✭

    Ahahahahah NO!
    You got what you deserved for being literally a god class in PvP, imho you should be nerfed even more since Mirage is still too OP.

  • reikken.4961reikken.4961 Member ✭✭✭

    it might
    but a lot of other things are in much greater need

  • reikken.4961reikken.4961 Member ✭✭✭

    As a side note, mirages running IH over EM makes them a lot harder to fight with a condi necro. Clones evading means putrid mark is no longer a guaranteed condi cleanse.

  • @Blue.1207 said:

    @tinyreborn.1938 said:

    @Blue.1207 said:
    Haha haha. Good joke. Elusive Mind needs a 18 second ICD Added to it.

    Still a meme in the balance world. Trait never should have existed.

    If not count they were asked to change it during beta ...
    And why 18 seconds icd? why not 10? Why not 15? Why not 20 or 30 ? What led you to this number ?

    @tinyreborn.1938 said:

    @Blue.1207 said:
    Haha haha. Good joke. Elusive Mind needs a 18 second ICD Added to it.

    Still a meme in the balance world. Trait never should have existed.

    If not count they were asked to change it during beta ...
    And why 18 seconds icd? why not 10? Why not 15? Why not 20 or 30 ? What led you to this number ?

    Same time as sigil of annulment, arguably the best sigil in this boonspam fiesta.

    Or maybe I just really like the number 8 and wanted to further dunk on mirage by adding 10 to it.

    Valid reason to add exactly 18 ICD ! I approve!

    @Susy.7529 said:
    Ahahahahah NO!
    You got what you deserved for being literally a god class in PvP, imho you should be nerfed even more since Mirage is still too OP.

    Actually all of you got what YOU deserve with your tears . IH mirage xD

  • otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @shadowpass.4236 said:
    Don't allow Mirage to dodge while cc'd

    Remove the stunbreak and exhaustion from EM, increase condi clear to 2 per dodge or add 20% cdr on deception skills

    This is a good suggestion. Currently EM is obsolete.

  • @tinyreborn.1938 said:
    Actually all of you got what YOU deserve with your tears . IH mirage xD

    "Lmao, these people we are steamrolling in pvp don't know exactly why we are overpowered, so now we will be even more overpowered than before by just ignoring the trait that got nerfed."

    [Charr Noises]
    [Plays every class]
    [Balance is not going to happen Play whatever is easiest.]

  • tinyreborn.1938tinyreborn.1938 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 5, 2018

    @Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

    @tinyreborn.1938 said:
    Actually all of you got what YOU deserve with your tears . IH mirage xD

    "Lmao, these people we are steamrolling in pvp don't know exactly why we are overpowered, so now we will be even more overpowered than before by just ignoring the trait that got nerfed."

    Cry more <3
    That will help xD
    Also pretty sure Mirage is OP for same reason as other 'OP' specs.
    I'm alrdy fed up with all those tears everywhere . Only reason they still nerfing mesmer to hush all those average silver2 players that make threads about how OP 2 chronos ...

  • Safandula.8723Safandula.8723 Member ✭✭✭

    Tbh, this trait, and mirage cloak, should never exist xd

  • Azure The Heartless.3261Azure The Heartless.3261 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 5, 2018

    Cry more <3
    That will help xD

    Obviously it won't, but showing people who try to justify pulling matchup wins on autopilot their own logic is therapeutic.

    @tinyreborn.1938 said:
    Also pretty sure Mirage is OP for same reason as other 'OP' specs.

    "I'm aware that Mirage being busted is now even more obvious than it was before, because now people are forced to slot Infinite Horizon instead of EM (and still be able to dodge while stunned whenever they choose), but I'm going to immediately ignore that and just claim people are whining because of l2p issues."

    Pick one or the other. Either you think its a L2P issue, or you're aware being able to dodge bursts after getting stunned, on a class that already has tricks to shift and drop targets without committing anything more than endurance is too much and yet you would rather it stay like that.

    [Charr Noises]
    [Plays every class]
    [Balance is not going to happen Play whatever is easiest.]

  • tinyreborn.1938tinyreborn.1938 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 5, 2018

    @Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

    Cry more <3
    That will help xD

    Obviously it won't, but showing people who try to justify pulling matchup wins on autopilot their own logic is therapeutic.

    @tinyreborn.1938 said:
    Also pretty sure Mirage is OP for same reason as other 'OP' specs.

    "I'm aware that Mirage being busted is now even more obvious than it was before, because now people are forced to slot Infinite Horizon instead of EM (and still be able to dodge while stunned whenever they choose), but I'm going to immediately ignore that and just claim people are whining because of l2p issues."

    Pick one or the other. Either you think its a L2P issue, or you're aware being able to dodge bursts after getting stunned , on a class that already has tricks to shift and drop targets without committing anything more than endurance (Wootofok u talking about here?) is too much and yet you would rather it stay like that.

    Actually right now I will say its clearly L2P issue . Just as braendaed logic of our beloved thieves (unhonorable mentions mr.crabs) and facerollsmith protectors(countless amount of them) I will defy any logic and all arguments . If they can do that ,why I cant?:D
    Also truth be told , all other classess are not less broken than mirage. If look at LB there is only few mesmers wage war against those revenant exploiters! Poor Flanby... xD
    ALSO since when mirage even more broken than before? After all those nerfs its way weaker than its used to be by a lot . Before mirage could play sword torch staff and now if you play it you dont do any pressure and cant 1x1 anything . May be you are right, all nerfs made mirage stronger... Can we do the same with other overperforming classes? Make them busted via nerfs! You made my day lad

  • Azure The Heartless.3261Azure The Heartless.3261 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 6, 2018

    @tinyreborn.1938 said:
    ALSO since when mirage even more broken than before? After all those nerfs its way weaker than its used to be by a lot . Before mirage could play sword torch staff and now if you play it you dont do any pressure and cant 1x1 anything . May be you are right, all nerfs made mirage stronger... Can we do the same with other overperforming classes? Make them busted via nerfs! You made my day lad

    They did not get stronger numbers wise, the nerf just made more people slot a stronger trait since EM is now so unappealing. Their presence as a whole in the PVP sphere is now worse because the nerf to EM did not fix the issue, it just made more mirages slot IH.

    @tinyreborn.1938 said:

    (Wootofok u talking about here?)

    Mirages can, due to Mirage cloak, evade when stunned, even without taking Elusive Mind. Every other class in the game has to slot a utility skill to address stuns. Mirage does not. all it costs them is endurance.

    I'm getting the feeling you don't understand the kind of advantage that affords, though.

    [Charr Noises]
    [Plays every class]
    [Balance is not going to happen Play whatever is easiest.]

<1
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.