Account Linking Idea and Discussion

Swagger.1459

I would like to propose an alt account friendly feature for the community to think about and discuss... Here it goes...

Essentially I would LOVE it if we were able to link a main account and ONE, ONLY ONE, alt account for gearing up purposes only... The exact idea would be that a main/veteran account can craft Ascended weapons, armor and back pieces... and send it to an alt account to have and use.

The restriction of this would be...-The alt account MUST have a common "financial services" connection through CC, Debit Card, Pay Pal...-Once the Ascended gear is mailed to the alt, not just used, it becomes account bound to the alt account.-This is limited to CRAFTED ASCENDED GEAR, not crafted exotic or below.

The benefits of such a change...-It makes ALTing much more enjoyable... We can focus on playing the game as opposed to doing all the same gear chasing and crafting again and again on an alt account.-Players still have to craft the gear for their alts so it's economy friendly.-Would likely encourage more players to have an additional account, and actually play them while not feeling completely back at 0.

….Let me know what you peeps think, and if you have any ideas to share then please do so!

I think you've done a good job addressing most of the usual concerns about linking accounts, but I'm not sure it would be worth the time it would take Anet to build a system to allow this because I think it would only benefit a very small number of people.

I can't imagine there's many people who have a second account which they play enough to want ascended equipment but where they're not willing to level up a crafter to make it on that account.

I have a second account, and I do play it occasionally (it doesn't have HoT or PoF though) but if I was making a new character and thought I might one day want ascended equipment on them I'd make them on my main account. If I ever want ascended equipment on my second account I could send over materials from my main one and level a crafter to make it.

Archived