as an returning player which hasn't played for a while the shear amount of possibilities is a bit overwhelming.
In order to question through POF (and also parts of the last addon which I skipped a bit) I am in search of a matching class for me.
I am not oriented in PVP (even though a bit wvw roaming would be nice) but more in PvE.
This includes the quests, events and dealing with many hard champion encounters. Simply said: I love killing PvE mobs - even without a purpose.
Also I am not a solo player as I play together with a power-mage most of the time.
Nevertheless I don't want to play a supportive/heal/tank role.
Now to the classes itself:
No Ele, No Mesmer, No Rev and no condition damage Specs - just because i don't like them very much.
What I already tried:
- Reaper (Minion or a pure GS build) - which was totally fun at first but became more and more boring, mostly because it's limited to 1 weapon melee / range (GS + Axe). Also I don't like to have that much pets around but removing them shows the lack of utility skills as most are designed for condition and overall necro...
- Warrior (GS + 2xAxe / Spellbreaker Sun & Moon) - both was fun, also in regards of the damage you are capable of. Unluckily the range weapons are really really really bad and even warrior has tons of weapons he feels a bit... limited. Furthermore I feel my warrior isn't really tanky for being a warrior (which does only count for core warrior) I know that i can improve this via talents and via improving myself but mostly this feeling comes from being rooted with gs-2 and being busy spamming all the dmg skills just to ensure I don't miss any DPS..
- Guardian - My first GW2 character, 6 years ago. I really like the ton of utility skills as they seemingly bring tons of flexibility and most of them are actually helpful. Also with scepter there is a nice sort of range dmg. Unfortunately the bow is quite.. low in dmg - but still kinda fun. Despite it seems my guardian is dying very early, but this seems to improve greatly while training to play with the defensive skills. Still it seems a bit non-rewarding squishy.
So to come to the point why I'm writing here:
Could you list me some Pros and Cons to each of the mentioned specs below regarding the following requirements:
- Soloing stuff (even champions) - but it can be a challenge!
- Capable of switching weapons and skills (despite of perhaps loosing dmg) - and maybe only due to a purpose (being quicker, doing range for a few mobs,....)
- Capable of doing a good amount of damage - no matter if burst or all-time-high dmg
- All stuff in combination with a power-ele-mate
The classes which might be interesting for me (and where I'm looking for your pros and cons):
- Reaper (Minion / no Minion)
- Core Warrior (Bannerslave / Axe-Axe + GS)
- Spellbreaker (Normal GS build / Sun & Moon build)
- Core Guardian (GS + scepter+focus / GS + sword+shield)
- Dragonhunter (same as core Guardian / GS + Longbow)
- Core Engineer / Holosmith
- Power Thief / Deadeye ( P+P / Rifle ...)
Honestly most interesting for me are both guardian types (5+6) and Power Thief.
I never played Engineer or Deadeye.
Please let me know your thoughts and (hopefully) some pros and cons.
Thank you very much!