How to kill a gamemode before it has a chance to live:

Swagg.9236

Only hold tournaments on fixed cycles that are hours apart from each other.

Seriously, how is this anything but a joke? The 5v5 ones happening only four times a day was gut-busting enough, but the 2v2 cycles are truly laughable considering it's the big new thing of the week (surely to die in anet's hands after the special event expires). I never understood why these sorts of tournies were always held so sparsely. Is it too much for the shoddy, discount amazon servers to handle more than 1 tournament every 6 hours? You can't just throw people a bone by making these sorts of matches happen, at the least frequently, every half hour? It's not even like the tournies regularly hosted enough teams for more than four total rounds plus a couple of byes. Moreover, there's no reason to assume that making them more available on an hourly/half-hourly basis would just be a zero-sum result of divvying up 8-10 teams across 24-48 tournaments. If anything, by making these sorts of things more available, it's likely to garner more players interested in different rewards or experiences in between regular ranked matches.

So why are they so few and far between? It was the servers, right? Tell me I'm wrong about the servers.

if i'm not mistaken it's still in testing phases, and beta. The tournaments for these things has been bugged out more often then it has been able to properly work.

I'm sure noting set in stones as it is at the moment, not understanding the salt and rage for trying something new and helping them test stuff out because with swizz on the way it'll be fairly repetitive to do. Just be patient and wait it out.

@"zoopop.5630" said:if i'm not mistaken it's still in testing phases, and beta. The tournaments for these things has been bugged out more often then it has been able to properly work.

I'm sure noting set in stones as it is at the moment, not understanding the salt and rage for trying something new and helping them test stuff out because with swizz on the way it'll be fairly repetitive to do. Just be patient and wait it out.

The tournament system has been in place for ages. It's not in alpha or beta; it's just a mismanaged feature. Moreover, if I were to play along with your "but it's a beta" perspective, why wouldn't one want to test a new, potential feature as much as possible instead of just a handful of times per day for only a single week? And when has waiting ever improved this game's holistic PvP environment? What do you really expect to come from waiting? Concretely? Specifically?

Archived