No newsletter & no newsletter confirmation mail — Guild Wars 2 Forums

No newsletter & no newsletter confirmation mail

I have subscribed to the newsletter but do not receive a confirmation email. Does anyone else have this problem?
(I have looked in my mails...I got the last newsletter from guildwars more than 2 years ago...)

Comments

• I don't think anyone receives a confirmation email for subscribing. I know I never did. (I do receive the Newsletters, though.)

• There is supposed to be a confirmation e-mail for this, and I received it after joining it about five minutes ago. After filling out the form, you should have been sent to a page that said the following:

Stay up to Date
    Thanks for signing up for the Guild Wars 2 newsletter!
    Please check your email inbox to confirm your subscription.
    The confirmation email was sent to: (Your Email)
    If you did not receive an email, please check your spam folder, or add [email protected] to your address book.

After that, the mail should get to you almost instantly and ask you to click a confirmation link; I imagine they do this so other people can't sign you up for potential spam.

From what I'm reading, joining this mailing list is the only way to participate in the Roller Beetle sweepstakes, so enjoy that I guess.

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 6, 2018

Huh. Must be something they added after many of us signed up (1 year+ ago).
    I know I signed up on the Beetle Racing page on an alt account email, but got no redirect nor email.
    Thanks for the information.

• @AgentMoore.9453 said:
    There is supposed to be a confirmation e-mail for this, and I received it after joining it about five minutes ago. After filling out the form, you should have been sent to a page that said the following:

Stay up to Date
    Thanks for signing up for the Guild Wars 2 newsletter!
    Please check your email inbox to confirm your subscription.
    The confirmation email was sent to: (Your Email)
    If you did not receive an email, please check your spam folder, or add [email protected] to your address book.

After that, the mail should get to you almost instantly and ask you to click a confirmation link; I imagine they do this so other people can't sign you up for potential spam.

From what I'm reading, joining this mailing list is the only way to participate in the Roller Beetle sweepstakes, so enjoy that I guess.

All I saw on the page was : Thank you for signing up for the newsletter! We'll be in touch soon with the latest Guild Wars 2 information.

Never got an e-mail, either.

• The link I used came from the bottom of the Guild Wars 2 official website:
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/newsletter-signup/

I can't imagine why they'd have two separate signups, but if they do, it seems like the Roller Beetle link is broken (or lacking) in some way. It may also behave differently if you've already signed up in the past with the e-mail you're trying to use now.

• @AgentMoore.9453 said:
    The link I used came from the bottom of the Guild Wars 2 official website:
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/newsletter-signup/

I can't imagine why they'd have two separate signups, but if they do, it seems like the Roller Beetle link is broken (or lacking) in some way. It may also behave differently if you've already signed up in the past with the e-mail you're trying to use now.

I've signed up on both pages, get the same (lack of) results.

• I got a newsletter today, so somewhere along the line, the sign-up and the steps taken to avoid it being stuck in the spam filter seem to have worked.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.