Everything oneshots you. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Everything oneshots you.

This might be stating the obvious but the power spike is just unreal at the moment and pretty much all classes have oneshot cheese builds, even some of the builds that are not suited towards oneshotting oneshot you does with the sheer strength of power builds. Worst thing about it is that most of the times there is no counter play to it. It kills the fun because it doesn't reward me by getting better and more skilled at the game. I don't think I've seen someone running condi in a long while in WvW with the exception of some celestial scourges or roaming mesmers due to the power being so meta and the big condi cleanse wars.

Some people may argue that "Hurr durr just use your defensive cooldowns". Well that's impossible when a deadeye comes with stealth and oneshots a heavy armor user from 100% to 0 from stealth. Or a holo comes from stealth with an overheat rocket and hits heavy armor for 28k. This can also be done, again, from stealth, with power GS mesmers. The other classes I can somewhat agree to having some but yet VERY little counter play to it. Its basically the person that flunks the first dodge or defensive that is dead or if you're caught blinking for a second while running.

My suggestion for this, but it might be too late or way too much work to do, is to try to balance the game towards longer and more sustained fights that actually rewards you from being good at the game.

Gladly discuss why I'm wrong/right, what to do about this if you think this is a problem.

<13

Comments

• 1) Oneshots happen to glass, heavy armour is not an argument here. What matters most is the defensive traits and then stats (but in considerably larger amount that what only armour gives). Even on my thief builds it takes 2 and more guys to jump on me at once to kill me so fast I can not do anything. On other classes with automatic invulns/imuns it does not work at all except for very specific situations.

2) I think what is getting out of hand a bit is synergies with certain group compositions but not an individual damage numbers. But even though it is miles better then have slow meta IMO.

• ye .. I mean it sucks to get 1shot but min-maxing is part of what gives this game some build diversity

• Taygus.4571Taygus.4571 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2018

What's your build OP?

I've never been one shotted..I've been killed fast for messing up..or taking on a thief in poor terrain but not one shotted.

btw heavy/ light armor, only means fashion in this game,
    Any armor can tank or go glass.

• Sprymazi.6472Sprymazi.6472 Member ✭✭
    edited November 29, 2018

@Taygus.4571 said:
    What's your build OP?

I've never been one shotted..I've been killed fast for messing up..or taking on a thief in poor terrain but not one shotted.

Just one of the meta D/S SpB builds. Around 24k hp. Just got oneshotted by an invis holo while running again btw, think it was the same holo as before. 15k overheat and 12k mini rocket.

EDIT: I run lesser endure pain trait, didnt do anything, no ICD or CD on it either.

• @Riko.9214 said:
    1) Oneshots happen to glass, heavy armour is not an argument here. What matters most is the defensive traits and then stats (but in considerably larger amount that what only armour gives). Even on my thief builds it takes 2 and more guys to jump on me at once to kill me so fast I can not do anything. On other classes with automatic invulns/imuns it does not work at all except for very specific situations.

2) I think what is getting out of hand a bit is synergies with certain group compositions but not an individual damage numbers. But even though it is miles better then have slow meta IMO.

Problem is when 1: most classes can't play bunker properly, and if they somehow make a "bunker" build on their class they will sacrifice so much of everything else it renders them useless at anything else than just surviving.
    2: These oneshot builds oneshot hybrids aswell as other damage builds.

• Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭

I like the group comps that come out of stealth, stun lock you then do the 1-2 combo death thrills...

Fàther (TK)
    Tactical Killers
    Server(DR)

• @Sprymazi.6472 said:

@Taygus.4571 said:
    What's your build OP?

Just one of the meta D/S SpB builds. Around 24k hp. Just got oneshotted by an invis holo while running again btw, think it was the same holo as before. 15k overheat and 12k mini rocket.

EDIT: I run lesser endure pain trait, didnt do anything, no ICD or CD on it either.

what server r u on? can u print screen the dmg?

• Clownmug.8357Clownmug.8357 Member ✭✭✭

I see both ridiculously high damage and ridiculous tankiness from time to time. It's hard to tell if any of it is normal because I suspect 3rd party software is involved in a few cases. Just this weekend I ended up fighting in downed state with an Ele and when their downed health reached <1% it mysteriously shot back up to 50%.

• Taygus.4571Taygus.4571 Member ✭✭✭

@Sprymazi.6472 said:

@Taygus.4571 said:
    What's your build OP?

im not really clued in to the meta of all classes, what's your armor and trinkets?
    Do you run with food?

• @Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:

@Sprymazi.6472 said:

@Taygus.4571 said:
    What's your build OP?

what server r u on? can u print screen the dmg?

Desolation, I closed down the game, got tired of it.

• Riko.9214Riko.9214 Member ✭✭
    edited November 29, 2018

@Sprymazi.6472 said:

@Riko.9214 said:
    1) Oneshots happen to glass, heavy armour is not an argument here. What matters most is the defensive traits and then stats (but in considerably larger amount that what only armour gives). Even on my thief builds it takes 2 and more guys to jump on me at once to kill me so fast I can not do anything. On other classes with automatic invulns/imuns it does not work at all except for very specific situations.

Problem is when 1: most classes can't play bunker properly, and if they somehow make a "bunker" build on their class they will sacrifice so much of everything else it renders them useless at anything else than just surviving.
    2: These oneshot builds oneshot hybrids aswell as other damage builds.

I did not say bunker though, use 1 defensive trait line + gear like marauder with some def stats in + some defensive utility is a must of course. My SpB runs with Marauder + Commander kills people in few seconds if they are low on defences and I do not recall a single time being oneshot by anything.

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2018

Playing zerker+marauder+assassin on revenant or sometimes zealots when we dont have FB's, and i get one shooted to awwww, from deadeyes.... and that's called bad planing to getting cought on openfield or getting myself way to noticed in a group.

Its an element of the sandboxing, its kewl, except when its scourges stacking... bad players that dont know nor have skill to try anything else for the teamwork.

• @Sprymazi.6472 said:

@Taygus.4571 said:
    What's your build OP?

That's called a gimmick build. There are lots of them and almost 100% of them rely on catching you off guard. They don't have the defenses to do anything outside of one shotting people.

The Holo overheat trait is almost never taken because it means you basically can't use Photon Forge. Which means you're pretty much a core Engi with a potentially 1-shot lethal melee range burst.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer, Revenant | Kaineng | Diamond Legend
    I'm not the only one, there is more of my kind. Stray from the path, leave the mass behind ... ♫

• Hitman.5829Hitman.5829 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2018

Wrong, everything but warrior...
    Warrior cannot 1 shot.

Charr Warrior Master Race!
    Black Gate Beast Roamer chicken chaser!

• Here's something to try, son. Invite the people around you. Use the CTRL-click crosshair targeting to share your targets. One-shot those mofos back with the power of a group.

• @Hitman.5829 said:
    Warrior cannot 1 shot.

what is axe burst, rifle burst, final thrust?

• @Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:
    Warrior cannot 1 shot.

Dont mind him, he always crying an ocean of tears about how bad warrior is... pve/wvw/pvp... such dead class is meta in all of those... I wonder ... how ... they are so overnerfed daaaamn xD

edited November 30, 2018

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:
    Warrior cannot 1 shot.

Dont mind him, he always crying an ocean of tears about how bad warrior is... pve/wvw/pvp... such dead class is meta in all of those... I wonder ... how ... they are so overnerfed daaaamn xD

LOL final thrust... i don't know if to cry or laugh.
    The OP is talking about how most classes can 1 shot you without any counter to it.
    If you think that warrior can 1 shot, then you are a bad player.

• Noha.3749Noha.3749 Member ✭✭✭

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:
    Warrior cannot 1 shot.

The OP is talking about how most classes can 1 shot you without any counter to it.

Rifle can definetly one-shot. The others... mjeh I give you that. More like two-shot. While also being immune to damage/cc/condi for half a day and regening more hp than many classes does damage so it balances out for the poor weak warrior.

"to the limit!" + F1 rifle on either core or berserker can 1 shot without having to stick to combat.
    There yall have it, no more than 2 buttons whilst alot of "other professions that can 1 shot" have to smash even more buttons. must be hard to be warrior :(

• Zephyra.4709Zephyra.4709 Member ✭✭✭

@Hitman.5829 said:
    Warrior cannot 1 shot.

Idk man been dropping plenty of thieves with Kill Shot / Gun Flame. Try switch your gear to what real warriors use - FULL ZERKERS. Buffs were made to "On My Mark!" and Might Sig actually giving might boon so it's even more amusing since literally no one expects you to pull out black betty.

edited November 30, 2018

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:
    Warrior cannot 1 shot.

Rifle can definetly one-shot. The others... mjeh I give you that. More like two-shot. While also being immune to damage/cc/condi for half a day and regening more hp than many classes does damage so it balances out for the poor weak warrior.

jahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

if the players stand still that is.
    The warrior cannot 1 shoot because of this simple fact:

• you can see all the skills the warrior is doing!
      SIMPLE!

The OP is saying/complaining about 1 shoot that has no counter.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:
    Warrior cannot 1 shot.

jahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

SIMPLE!

Seeing skills doesnt really matter.

On my mesmer I can counter other mesmers with ease because they are so predictable. The more cheese condi the easier to fight them. Thieves? Haha... "One-shot" zerkers are pushovers because I made a hybrid specifically designed to take the burst of roamers and counter hard. Sustains are much harder. And then warriors... One of the few classes that I have problems fighting. Because I can see them, but not stop them, damage them and most of the time not even block them as their own full counter goes straight through mine.

Knowing how to fight matters more. Especially when you know how to fight your own.

Lets stop with the useless talk and instead show me a video where there is a one shot build for warrior and then we will talk.
    One shot on warrior does not exist! Warrior is the only class that cannot 1 shot and I dare you to look for a video.

• To be clear Hitman, your logic is that because the warrior is visible it doesn't count as a one-shot?

• watched both "one shot warrior roaming" / "one shot berserker" vids
    not a single one shot (or close to)
    it even took them some secs to kill afk's
    disapointed a lot :/

• There was some thread 'gunflame bug' or something like this . There was clip where berserker pop'd mirage for 25k with single shot ? Im too lazy to find that .

• SpellOfIniquity.1780SpellOfIniquity.1780 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2018

@Hitman.5829 said:

Lets stop with the useless talk and instead show me a video where there is a one shot build for warrior and then we will talk.
    One shot on warrior does not exist! Warrior is the only class that cannot 1 shot and I dare you to look for a video.

This isn't entirely relevant since it was on an NPC, but regardless, this is one of the highest crits I've ever landed in WvW

If you'd like, I can do some recording this weekend to see how many one shots I can manage. I guarantee you it can be done, and with relative ease. In fact, it can do true one shots, meaning not rapid multi-hits like a Mesmer shatter for example.

Also, here you go. A build easily capable of one shots:
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJEQJAURjEdQdH23BuhAnIGICK9Lm+twCgIYAuyIDWeA-jFSBABLcEAoU9nNOEAmpEEPdBAcBAy/BAc1+jyvAAIA38mZzbG4m38m38m3srbzsZ28m3MpAGVrF-w

Healing activates Peak Performance (+33% damage), using both Signets activates Signet Mastery (+200 Ferocity), Burst Mastery = +7% more damage, Warriors Sprint = +3% damage, Scholar runes = +5% damage, Berserker's Power = +21% damage. Most of which will be active before you hit your target. Shouldn't be hard to get between 20 and 25k crits on squishies. And with Quickness, it's a much shorter cast time + unblockable from the Signet.

All that aside, it is extremely telegraphed and the build is a gimmick. Meaning it can't do much else besides one shot cheese. Still, even without a dedicated gimmick build, Warrior is easily capable of extremely high damage. I think you need to let go of the idea that Warrior can't pump out insane levels of damage.

I'm not the only one, there is more of my kind. Stray from the path, leave the mass behind ... ♫

• @SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:
    All that aside, it is extremely telegraphed and the build is a gimmick. Meaning it can't do much else besides one shot cheese.

So what's the point then in this theory craft build, that nobody uses, because one has to give up all defensive stances (def trait line, endure pain etc.), lots of mobility (featherfood, swiftness etc.), some anti condi, and some stun, as well?

TO is complaining about one shots / insane damage with no or almost no counter to it. Counter to this build: dodge killshot, and one shot that "pls-kill-me-I-have-no-sustain"-Warrior. Pretty sure TO is not referring to such a build.

• @enkidu.5937 said:

@SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:
    All that aside, it is extremely telegraphed and the build is a gimmick. Meaning it can't do much else besides one shot cheese.

So what's the point then in this theory craft build, that nobody uses, because one has to give up all defensive stances (def trait line, endure pain etc.), lots of mobility (featherfood, swiftness etc.), some anti condi, and some stun, as well?

TO is complaining about one shots / insane damage with no or almost no counter to it. Counter to this build: dodge killshot, and one shot that "pls-kill-me-I-have-no-sustain"-Warrior. Pretty sure TO is not referring to such a build.

I wasn't responding to the OP. I was trying to disprove Hitman who is saying that Warrior can't one shot.

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

How many people in the game havent ate a gunflame at some point.

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

• MUDse.7623MUDse.7623 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2018

@enkidu.5937 said:

dodging the oneshot is a counter that works against any oneshot. after that they might however also dodge your burst etc. till one lands his burst. but many people here think if they were able to dodge a oneshot they need to be given a freekill. if that was the case it would be stupid to attack your opponent first.

read this, become a better player now.

• enkidu.5937enkidu.5937 Member ✭✭
    edited November 30, 2018

I wasn't responding to the OP. I was trying to disprove Hitman who is saying that Warrior can't one shot.

Hitman already said that he is refering to the OP, and not some theoretical build that nobody uses, because its pointless to sacrifice tons of sustain/mobility etc. just to get an unreliable one shot chance. What's the relevance of being able to one shot afk's, idk

@MUDse.7623 said:
    dodging the oneshot is a counter that works against any oneshot

Ehm, no. OP is refering to the lack of tells, esp. when burst comes from stealth.

• MUDse.7623MUDse.7623 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2018

@enkidu.5937 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:
    dodging the oneshot is a counter that works against any oneshot

Ehm, no. OP is refering to the lack of tells, esp. when burst comes from stealth.

then the OP is wrong. just very few builds can oneshot and only rather glassy people without any tell. if people would look further than 300 units around their character they would see most of those 'stealth oneshotters' go into stealth and still dodge it.

edit: also OP doesnt exclude oneshots with tells, he just claimes there is often no counterplay wich is wrong.
    and a free advice for the ones regularly dying to onehits out of nowhere: use durability runes. they removed the rng from it so you will allways have protection up for the oneshot out of nowhere. therefor you will be able to just facetank them usually.

read this, become a better player now.

• apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

Last night I played power mirage as I usually do, a guardian was fleeing a fight and I thought "this guy doesn't deserve to live after leaving his team mates to die".
    So I use my auto to pop aegis and to do a bit of damage 700 with some crits.
    OK that's fine I now have fury I'll summon a phantasm.
    He dodges and starts reading a book.
    OK well at least I have a clone now. I'll use mirror blade.
    He dodges but I stow.
    He dodges again and is at max health because dodges heal.
    Mind Stab time! 1500 crit....
    OK Mirror Blade and Shatter!
    Mirror Blade hits for about 2.5k in total with 2 crits.
    The Clones hopelessly chase after the guard to shatter but swiftness means he cannot be caught.
    He continues to spam everything from his book promptly returning to full health.
    /sleep.

This is not an isolated case and I use full berserker/assassins gear, you barely tickle guardians and they heal everything up. Meanwhile rangers can do 8-10k autos on me, holo's can pretty much hit for 5-10k on nearly all their skills in marauder gear. Perma stealth deadeye can backstab you with 0 indication they're there for 20k+.

The game is a horrible mess of power creep where the 2 extremes of being ultra tanky and ultra high damage have grown further and further apart.

I stand with Mo.

• geist.4126geist.4126 Member ✭✭✭

@Hitman.5829 said:

SIMPLE!

That's sadly enough not true. In many cases you don't even see the animation and the more players are involved the more impossible it gets to dodge. WvW isn't a duel area.

<13
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.