Everything oneshots you.

Sprymazi.6472

This might be stating the obvious but the power spike is just unreal at the moment and pretty much all classes have oneshot cheese builds, even some of the builds that are not suited towards oneshotting oneshot you does with the sheer strength of power builds. Worst thing about it is that most of the times there is no counter play to it. It kills the fun because it doesn't reward me by getting better and more skilled at the game. I don't think I've seen someone running condi in a long while in WvW with the exception of some celestial scourges or roaming mesmers due to the power being so meta and the big condi cleanse wars.

Some people may argue that "Hurr durr just use your defensive cooldowns". Well that's impossible when a deadeye comes with stealth and oneshots a heavy armor user from 100% to 0 from stealth. Or a holo comes from stealth with an overheat rocket and hits heavy armor for 28k. This can also be done, again, from stealth, with power GS mesmers. The other classes I can somewhat agree to having some but yet VERY little counter play to it. Its basically the person that flunks the first dodge or defensive that is dead or if you're caught blinking for a second while running.

My suggestion for this, but it might be too late or way too much work to do, is to try to balance the game towards longer and more sustained fights that actually rewards you from being good at the game.

Gladly discuss why I'm wrong/right, what to do about this if you think this is a problem.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with this argument is that there is also incredibly tanky builds that are nearly unkillable by any sigle player unless they spec full damage.

Counterplay definetly exist. People are just generally too lazy to see it, its easier to complain about what kills them. The short version is damage counter bunker, hybrid counter damage and the bunker give both hybrid and damage time to do their job.

1) Oneshots happen to glass, heavy armour is not an argument here. What matters most is the defensive traits and then stats (but in considerably larger amount that what only armour gives). Even on my thief builds it takes 2 and more guys to jump on me at once to kill me so fast I can not do anything. On other classes with automatic invulns/imuns it does not work at all except for very specific situations.

2) I think what is getting out of hand a bit is synergies with certain group compositions but not an individual damage numbers. But even though it is miles better then have slow meta IMO.

@Taygus.4571 said:What's your build OP?

I've never been one shotted..I've been killed fast for messing up..or taking on a thief in poor terrain but not one shotted.

btw heavy/ light armor, only means fashion in this game,Any armor can tank or go glass.

Just one of the meta D/S SpB builds. Around 24k hp. Just got oneshotted by an invis holo while running again btw, think it was the same holo as before. 15k overheat and 12k mini rocket.

EDIT: I run lesser endure pain trait, didnt do anything, no ICD or CD on it either.

@"Riko.9214" said:1) Oneshots happen to glass, heavy armour is not an argument here. What matters most is the defensive traits and then stats (but in considerably larger amount that what only armour gives). Even on my thief builds it takes 2 and more guys to jump on me at once to kill me so fast I can not do anything. On other classes with automatic invulns/imuns it does not work at all except for very specific situations.

2) I think what is getting out of hand a bit is synergies with certain group compositions but not an individual damage numbers. But even though it is miles better then have slow meta IMO.

Problem is when 1: most classes can't play bunker properly, and if they somehow make a "bunker" build on their class they will sacrifice so much of everything else it renders them useless at anything else than just surviving.2: These oneshot builds oneshot hybrids aswell as other damage builds.

@Sprymazi.6472 said:

I've never been one shotted..I've been killed fast for messing up..or taking on a thief in poor terrain but not one shotted.

btw heavy/ light armor, only means fashion in this game,Any armor can tank or go glass.

Just one of the meta D/S SpB builds. Around 24k hp. Just got oneshotted by an invis holo while running again btw, think it was the same holo as before. 15k overheat and 12k mini rocket.

EDIT: I run lesser endure pain trait, didnt do anything, no ICD or CD on it either.

what server r u on? can u print screen the dmg?

I see both ridiculously high damage and ridiculous tankiness from time to time. It's hard to tell if any of it is normal because I suspect 3rd party software is involved in a few cases. Just this weekend I ended up fighting in downed state with an Ele and when their downed health reached <1% it mysteriously shot back up to 50%.

@Sprymazi.6472 said:

im not really clued in to the meta of all classes, what's your armor and trinkets?Do you run with food?

@Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:

what server r u on? can u print screen the dmg?

Desolation, I closed down the game, got tired of it.

@Sprymazi.6472 said:

@"Riko.9214" said:1) Oneshots happen to glass, heavy armour is not an argument here. What matters most is the defensive traits and then stats (but in considerably larger amount that what only armour gives). Even on my thief builds it takes 2 and more guys to jump on me at once to kill me so fast I can not do anything. On other classes with automatic invulns/imuns it does not work at all except for very specific situations.

Problem is when 1: most classes can't play bunker properly, and if they somehow make a "bunker" build on their class they will sacrifice so much of everything else it renders them useless at anything else than just surviving.2: These oneshot builds oneshot hybrids aswell as other damage builds.

I did not say bunker though, use 1 defensive trait line + gear like marauder with some def stats in + some defensive utility is a must of course. My SpB runs with Marauder + Commander kills people in few seconds if they are low on defences and I do not recall a single time being oneshot by anything.

Playing zerker+marauder+assassin on revenant or sometimes zealots when we dont have FB's, and i get one shooted to awwww, from deadeyes.... and that's called bad planing to getting cought on openfield or getting myself way to noticed in a group.

Its an element of the sandboxing, its kewl, except when its scourges stacking... bad players that dont know nor have skill to try anything else for the teamwork.

@Sprymazi.6472 said:

That's called a gimmick build. There are lots of them and almost 100% of them rely on catching you off guard. They don't have the defenses to do anything outside of one shotting people.

The Holo overheat trait is almost never taken because it means you basically can't use Photon Forge. Which means you're pretty much a core Engi with a potentially 1-shot lethal melee range burst.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:Wrong, everything but warrior...Warrior cannot 1 shot.

what is axe burst, rifle burst, final thrust?

Dont mind him, he always crying an ocean of tears about how bad warrior is... pve/wvw/pvp... such dead class is meta in all of those... I wonder ... how ... they are so overnerfed daaaamn xD

LOL final thrust... i don't know if to cry or laugh.The OP is talking about how most classes can 1 shot you without any counter to it.If you think that warrior can 1 shot, then you are a bad player.

@Hitman.5829 said:

Dont mind him, he always crying an ocean of tears about how bad warrior is... pve/wvw/pvp... such dead class is meta in all of those... I wonder ... how ... they are so overnerfed daaaamn xD

LOL final thrust... i don't know if to cry or laugh.The OP is talking about how most classes can 1 shot you without any counter to it.If you think that warrior can 1 shot, then you are a bad player.

Rifle can definetly one-shot. The others... mjeh I give you that. More like two-shot. While also being immune to damage/cc/condi for half a day and regening more hp than many classes does damage so it balances out for the poor weak warrior.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Rifle can definetly one-shot. The others... mjeh I give you that. More like two-shot. While also being immune to damage/cc/condi for half a day and regening more hp than many classes does damage so it balances out for the poor weak warrior.

"to the limit!" + F1 rifle on either core or berserker can 1 shot without having to stick to combat.There yall have it, no more than 2 buttons whilst alot of "other professions that can 1 shot" have to smash even more buttons. must be hard to be warrior :(

@"Hitman.5829" said:Wrong, everything but warrior...Warrior cannot 1 shot.

Idk man been dropping plenty of thieves with Kill Shot / Gun Flame. Try switch your gear to what real warriors use - FULL ZERKERS. Buffs were made to "On My Mark!" and Might Sig actually giving might boon so it's even more amusing since literally no one expects you to pull out black betty.

Archived