Balance — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Balance

Tazer.2157Tazer.2157 Member ✭✭

Okay I have been playing GW2 PvP and before this, I have played Dota2 a lot. And my experience with gw2 is laughable. The balance is frankly flawed. Taking the necromancer class as an example, I killed one and while he was in downed state, he almost killed me LOL. This kind of gameplay does not reward good play. When you take a necro/guard duo down, they just res each other and by that time, the rest of the opposite team comes up while our skills are on cd and we are then facing a 5 man team and our previous kill was for nothing. The res mechanic combined with the bs aoe condi damage is ridiculous. PvP should reward a kill, instead, here we are punished. Frankly, I think the res mechanic needs a serious rework. There should be a disadvantage to res a downed teammate. But currently, there is no downside to res a teammate if you pick a necro which I find every game. Now in any other game, if devs find that a class is prominent in PvP games, they would take a look at it. But not here. It is frankly unbelievable that this has been going on for years and nothing has been done about it. In fact, I am not even sure it will ever be fixed. This kind of unbalanced gameplay can really be a turn off for many. A really easy fix would be to have a res on cd. It is such an easy fix. If you are resurrected, you shouldn't be able to get resurrected for maybe 30 seconds. This way a decision to res a person can atleast be made. Right now its a brain dead mechanic and does not reward good play. Rather the current PvP rewards condi spam, aoe which makes certain classes have a large advantage over others.

Comments

  • Zero.3871Zero.3871 Member ✭✭✭

    @Tazer.2157 said:
    Okay I have been playing GW2 PvP and before this, I have played Dota2 a lot. And my experience with gw2 is laughable. The balance is frankly flawed. Taking the necromancer class as an example,I killed one and while he was in downed state, he almost killed me LOL. This kind of gameplay does not reward good play. When you take a necro/guard duo down, they just res each other and by that time, the rest of the opposite team comes up while our skills are on cd and we are then facing a 5 man team and our previous kill was for nothing. The res mechanic combined with the bs aoe condi damage is ridiculous. PvP should reward a kill, instead, here we are punished. Frankly, I think the res mechanic needs a serious rework. There should be a disadvantage to res a downed teammate. But currently, there is no downside to res a teammate if you pick a necro which I find every game. Now in any other game, if devs find that a class is prominent in PvP games, they would take a look at it. But not here. It is frankly unbelievable that this has been going on for years and nothing has been done about it. In fact, I am not even sure it will ever be fixed. This kind of unbalanced gameplay can really be a turn off for many. A really easy fix would be to have a res on cd. It is such an easy fix. If you are resurrected, you shouldn't be able to get resurrected for maybe 30 seconds. This way a decision to res a person can atleast be made. Right now its a brain dead mechanic and does not reward good play. Rather the current PvP rewards condi spam, aoe which makes certain classes have a large advantage over others.

    1.)while i agree, that downstate in its current state is just too forgiving when you did a misplay (more in wvw than in spvp). i dont agree with your flame against necro/guard comb.

    when i see mesm, holo ressing their teammates while getting bombed of whole enemy Team without getting any dmg because they can res WHILE being invul is even MORE annoying (guards /necros can atleast getting bombed if you are fast enough).

    2.)also those classes outsustain you easily on Points until their Team comes to help them (without going down), so this is also not a necro/guard only thing.

    so the Problem is NOT guard/necro, it is the downstate mechanic thats Need a nerf in all competitive modes.

  • apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2018

    @Zero.3871 said:

    @Tazer.2157 said:
    Okay I have been playing GW2 PvP and before this, I have played Dota2 a lot. And my experience with gw2 is laughable. The balance is frankly flawed. Taking the necromancer class as an example,I killed one and while he was in downed state, he almost killed me LOL. This kind of gameplay does not reward good play. When you take a necro/guard duo down, they just res each other and by that time, the rest of the opposite team comes up while our skills are on cd and we are then facing a 5 man team and our previous kill was for nothing. The res mechanic combined with the bs aoe condi damage is ridiculous. PvP should reward a kill, instead, here we are punished. Frankly, I think the res mechanic needs a serious rework. There should be a disadvantage to res a downed teammate. But currently, there is no downside to res a teammate if you pick a necro which I find every game. Now in any other game, if devs find that a class is prominent in PvP games, they would take a look at it. But not here. It is frankly unbelievable that this has been going on for years and nothing has been done about it. In fact, I am not even sure it will ever be fixed. This kind of unbalanced gameplay can really be a turn off for many. A really easy fix would be to have a res on cd. It is such an easy fix. If you are resurrected, you shouldn't be able to get resurrected for maybe 30 seconds. This way a decision to res a person can atleast be made. Right now its a brain dead mechanic and does not reward good play. Rather the current PvP rewards condi spam, aoe which makes certain classes have a large advantage over others.

    1.)while i agree, that downstate in its current state is just too forgiving when you did a misplay (more in wvw than in spvp). i dont agree with your flame against necro/guard comb.

    when i see mesm, holo ressing their teammates while getting bombed of whole enemy Team without getting any dmg because they can res WHILE being invul is even MORE annoying (guards /necros can atleast getting bombed if you are fast enough).

    2.)also those classes outsustain you easily on Points until their Team comes to help them (without going down), so this is also not a necro/guard only thing.

    so the Problem is NOT guard/necro, it is the downstate mechanic thats Need a nerf in all competitive modes.

    1) Mesmer and Holo using invuln to rez is wasting one of their essential defensive cool downs. This is a choice between getting a rez to turn a fight into a 2v1 but if it backfires then it can end spectacularly as you're short 1 CD and can even end up dying yourself, see below as a great example of a holo dying to a build that it should absolutely take a dump on. A mistake was made but it was a decent decision to make.

    https://clips.twitch.tv/AlertAlertCasetteAMPEnergy

    Downstate is largely OK when you have proper teams, they will bait you into the rez and then cleave you, the damage in the game is so high a rez is very risky atm, much safer to use merciful intervention/signet of mercy. A FB can easily rez in a FB/Scourge duo because they can cleanse while rezzing or slap down resistance symbol which will mitigate a lot of damage from the scourge. This is also why most scourges wait to use the elite when either they are going to down or the enemy will as it's very strong at preventing a rez.

    The only place downstate is really bad is when you're fighting 5 absolutely shocking players in WvW but can't kill any because they keep rezzing.

    I stand with Mo.

  • XECOR.2814XECOR.2814 Member ✭✭✭

    Wait so builds made to synergize each other and players teamplaying is a problem but mirage, holo, soulbeast, deadeye solo damage and insane survivability is not?

  • With all the gripe against the ress mechanic you would think something would be done about it. Maybe the devs can at least tell us why they keep the ress mechanic and then we can improve on it. Something has to be done about it. These days it’s not even worth engaging 2 necros at a point because you know they ress each other up. The same is true for the Druid that actually turns invisible to ress. That is seriously broken that it’s laughable that it’s allowed.

  • 1) Mesmer and Holo using invuln to rez is wasting one of their essential defensive cool downs. This is a choice between getting a rez to turn a fight into a 2v1 but if it backfires then it can end spectacularly as you're short 1 CD and can even end up dying yourself, see below as a great example of a holo dying to a build that it should absolutely take a dump on. A mistake was made but it was a decent decision to make.

    https://clips.twitch.tv/AlertAlertCasetteAMPEnergy

    Downstate is largely OK when you have proper teams, they will bait you into the rez and then cleave you, the damage in the game is so high a rez is very risky atm, much safer to use merciful intervention/signet of mercy. A FB can easily rez in a FB/Scourge duo because they can cleanse while rezzing or slap down resistance symbol which will mitigate a lot of damage from the scourge. This is also why most scourges wait to use the elite when either they are going to down or the enemy will as it's very strong at preventing a rez.

    The only place downstate is really bad is when you're fighting 5 absolutely shocking players in WvW but can't kill any because they keep Rezzing.

    I’m sorry you don’t seem to have played against a necro if you think that the downed state is okay in the current state. Do you know the damage a necro can do to you in it’s downed state? It almost killed me when I was at 22k hp. So after you down a necro spending all your skills and they are on cds, you now have to finish them off which isn’t easy especially with fear, the condi that’s coming in. You are basically at a disadvantage.

    Now you may have a point regarding the mechanic when it comes to proper team games where every skill is prepicked for a reason. That doesn’t happen in spvp where we are grouped with random people. So I would suggest keep the downed state mech in games where it’s one team of 5 against another. But alter it when randomd are matched with each other.

    One game we had a Druid and a necro who kept ressing each other up. A mechanic that rewards mistakes too often doesn’t encourage good play. Where is the 1v2 potential in pvp when you know they can just ress each other up putting you always at a disadvantage?

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2018

    some things are overtuned but this isn't a typical mmo where you can facetank stuff and expect to survive. its all about active defense here.

  • @Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    some things are overtuned but this isn't a typical mmo where you can facetank stuff and expect to survive. its all about active defense here.

    My gripe is with the downed state mechanic. When I down a person it wasn’t because I was face tanking their damage. I was actively dodging and using my skills putting them in a cookdown. Now they are resssed up and I’m basically defenseless. Most of my skills are on cd and my kill was for nothing. A person who is downed should be able to damage the opponent. If Anet decides to keep the downed state, at least make it like the one found in pubg. There should be a consequence for getting downed but in gw2 there is none.

  • You can complain about the rez being too easy, but complaining about necro's downstate being too strong ? realy ? I assume you're fairly new, but you just have to learn to play around it, it's not that hard. You can even dodge the fear.

  • Neil.3825Neil.3825 Member ✭✭

    Add to this, there is no balance between profession downed states.

  • the fear of necro downstate is not that much a problem as every class has somekind of downstate CC so its more or less balanced
    which is not balanced is the necro downstate autoattack as it does more dmg as other classes autoattack so it is a littebit harder to deal with necro downstate when you are already low

  • apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2018

    @Tazer.2157 said:

    1) Mesmer and Holo using invuln to rez is wasting one of their essential defensive cool downs. This is a choice between getting a rez to turn a fight into a 2v1 but if it backfires then it can end spectacularly as you're short 1 CD and can even end up dying yourself, see below as a great example of a holo dying to a build that it should absolutely take a dump on. A mistake was made but it was a decent decision to make.

    https://clips.twitch.tv/AlertAlertCasetteAMPEnergy

    Downstate is largely OK when you have proper teams, they will bait you into the rez and then cleave you, the damage in the game is so high a rez is very risky atm, much safer to use merciful intervention/signet of mercy. A FB can easily rez in a FB/Scourge duo because they can cleanse while rezzing or slap down resistance symbol which will mitigate a lot of damage from the scourge. This is also why most scourges wait to use the elite when either they are going to down or the enemy will as it's very strong at preventing a rez.

    The only place downstate is really bad is when you're fighting 5 absolutely shocking players in WvW but can't kill any because they keep Rezzing.

    I’m sorry you don’t seem to have played against a necro if you think that the downed state is okay in the current state. Do you know the damage a necro can do to you in it’s downed state? It almost killed me when I was at 22k hp. So after you down a necro spending all your skills and they are on cds, you now have to finish them off which isn’t easy especially with fear, the condi that’s coming in. You are basically at a disadvantage.

    Now you may have a point regarding the mechanic when it comes to proper team games where every skill is prepicked for a reason. That doesn’t happen in spvp where we are grouped with random people. So I would suggest keep the downed state mech in games where it’s one team of 5 against another. But alter it when randomd are matched with each other.

    One game we had a Druid and a necro who kept ressing each other up. A mechanic that rewards mistakes too often doesn’t encourage good play. Where is the 1v2 potential in pvp when you know they can just ress each other up putting you always at a disadvantage?

    Yes I know very well how strong a necro's downstate ability is and how much damage it does, I play WvW as full zerk mesmer so they can easily finish me off if I don't play smart when they go down.

    If 1v1: Bleed them out, a necro bleeding out is not helping to steamroll a fight in their favour.
    If 1v2: You shouldn't EVER win a 1v2 in this meta unless the enemy is very bad. Even then just stalling it by kiting and ranging in (no range LoS nearby) to be annoying and keeping both there while preserving cool downs is the good play.
    XvY: You have a team, if you go down they should have stomped or cleaved out the necro, can always rez/rally you. If not, suck it up you lost the fight, learn and adapt to the game that you're not likely to win the teamfights.

    Necro downstate has been largely this strong for years, it's not new, people have learnt to deal with it and so should you.

    Edit: Why are you complaining that you can't kill them in a 1v2? You do realise your allies are 4v3 across every other node and should win assuming they can find their rear with both hands.

    I stand with Mo.

  • @Tazer.2157 said:

    @Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    some things are overtuned but this isn't a typical mmo where you can facetank stuff and expect to survive. its all about active defense here.

    My gripe is with the downed state mechanic. When I down a person it wasn’t because I was face tanking their damage. I was actively dodging and using my skills putting them in a cookdown. Now they are resssed up and I’m basically defenseless. Most of my skills are on cd and my kill was for nothing. A person who is downed should be able to damage the opponent. If Anet decides to keep the downed state, at least make it like the one found in pubg. There should be a consequence for getting downed but in gw2 there is none.

    alright sure I gotcha.

  • Dadnir.5038Dadnir.5038 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @everyman.4375 said:
    You can complain about the rez being too easy, but complaining about necro's downstate being too strong ? realy ? I assume you're fairly new, but you just have to learn to play around it, it's not that hard. You can even dodge the fear.

    You can do quite a lot of damage as a downed necromancer, I can even recall a time where being downed was the best way for a necromancer to win a fight. That said, I agree with you on the fact that with such opinion the OP must be fairly new to the game. The downstate is a strategic tool that both side can exploit to win a match, it's only frustrating for players that tend to play for the "kill" and not for the "match".

  • @XECOR.2814 said:
    Wait so builds made to synergize each other and players teamplaying is a problem but mirage, holo, soulbeast, deadeye solo damage and insane survivability is not?

    what do you mean ??????
    Anet

  • Flumek.9043Flumek.9043 Member ✭✭✭

    Rezzing is FAR from braindead.
    It is actually what made gw2 special and creative. In gw, support isnt actually a healer for example.

    THE REAL PROBLEM is poor balance and power creep.
    Rezzing had a lot of counterplay around it. Not anymore with perma boons everywhere.
    Rezzing was doable. Not with powercreeped dmg and AOEs, at start most stuff was single target.
    Healing. at start, there wasnt much raw healing happening. Again, a 10k healing sneeze nowadays is worth basically a rezz in vanilla.

    Rezz / stomp mechanic allows for clutch decision making, which is exciting compared to scripted dps rotations.

  • @Dadnir.5038 said

    You can do quite a lot of damage as a downed necromancer, I can even recall a time where being downed was the best way for a necromancer to win a fight. That said, I agree with you on the fact that with such opinion the OP must be fairly new to the game. The downstate is a strategic tool that both side can exploit to win a match, it's only frustrating for players that tend to play for the "kill" and not for the "match".

    Oh really a strategic tool? Please elaborate how it is strategic when there is no disadvantage to ress a player for certain classes. Like I mentioned the Druid goes invisible to ress, a necro spams condi and rezzes all the while your skills are on a cool down. If someone can tell me how this is good for the game then I would understand.

  • MyPuppy.8970MyPuppy.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Tazer.2157 said:

    @Dadnir.5038 said

    You can do quite a lot of damage as a downed necromancer, I can even recall a time where being downed was the best way for a necromancer to win a fight. That said, I agree with you on the fact that with such opinion the OP must be fairly new to the game. The downstate is a strategic tool that both side can exploit to win a match, it's only frustrating for players that tend to play for the "kill" and not for the "match".

    Oh really a strategic tool? Please elaborate how it is strategic when there is no disadvantage to ress a player for certain classes. Like I mentioned the Druid goes invisible to ress, a necro spams condi and rezzes all the while your skills are on a cool down. If someone can tell me how this is good for the game then I would understand.

    Different specs, different tools, different strats. Pulls/knockbacks/cleaves even if they don't always prevent rezes can punish players. And as previously said, it's a team game, and you should not expect an easy stomp in a 1v2 scenario if you can't save a safe stomp. Stomping is a channeled skill, still works on targets before the stealth.

  • Dadnir.5038Dadnir.5038 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Tazer.2157 said:

    @Dadnir.5038 said

    You can do quite a lot of damage as a downed necromancer, I can even recall a time where being downed was the best way for a necromancer to win a fight. That said, I agree with you on the fact that with such opinion the OP must be fairly new to the game. The downstate is a strategic tool that both side can exploit to win a match, it's only frustrating for players that tend to play for the "kill" and not for the "match".

    Oh really a strategic tool? Please elaborate how it is strategic when there is no disadvantage to ress a player for certain classes. Like I mentioned the Druid goes invisible to ress, a necro spams condi and rezzes all the while your skills are on a cool down. If someone can tell me how this is good for the game then I would understand.

    Let's take the basis of the basis. Having a down player in the adverse team allow your own team to play with the numerical advantage as long as this player is down. Stomping him could end up with extra point but at the same time it hasten his return to the field. The same way, saving a downed teammate can hasten it's return to the field but it always come with a risk and sometime even at the cost of cool down skills or even building for it.

    Every profession can build for ralying and it always have a cost. This ability to rez other player are done at the cost of damage or personnal defense. A necromancer could trait for more sustain/defense or better condi management instead of taking a rez trait. Elementalists could sacrifice damage, defense or utilities slot to specialize in rezzing. Same goes for all professions.

    You are focusing on what bother you and you don't even take into account what the other players sacrificed to achieve this result. Trait, runeset, utilities slots... etc. They built for this result, they built to avoid unnecessary death and keep their team onto the field alive and kicking. They know that poison will reduce the efficiency of their build, they know that cleave can be fatal, they know that a nasty interrupt can make their effort worthless but, nonetheless they built for this because they know that alone you are weaker than with allies.

  • XECOR.2814XECOR.2814 Member ✭✭✭

    @Tazer.2157 said:

    @Dadnir.5038 said

    You can do quite a lot of damage as a downed necromancer, I can even recall a time where being downed was the best way for a necromancer to win a fight. That said, I agree with you on the fact that with such opinion the OP must be fairly new to the game. The downstate is a strategic tool that both side can exploit to win a match, it's only frustrating for players that tend to play for the "kill" and not for the "match".

    Oh really a strategic tool? Please elaborate how it is strategic when there is no disadvantage to ress a player for certain classes. Like I mentioned the Druid goes invisible to ress, a necro spams condi and rezzes all the while your skills are on a cool down. If someone can tell me how this is good for the game then I would understand.

    Necro=low stability. Interrupt and dps.

  • If you think that resurrection is part of the gameplay then make only specific classes able to ress. Right now as a ranger I take down the opposing necro only to have him ressd back up immediately while my skills are on cd. Then the necro gets back up and spams condi while I cannot do anything. Currently the dmg sacrificed to ress does not make it a disadvantage. Ressing should be an option, either ress or take damage. Now ressing is a blind choice without consequence.

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2018

    I think downed state should be nerfed, I remember there was a good thread about it on the wvw forums. it shouldn't be removed tho… its an integral part of play. if people went from alive to dead with no downed state then this game would be trash. everyone would run yolo one shot builds (so all deadeyes) and TTK would make this game a 1st person shooter. most of the people who expect some of the typical mmo experience (basically all of gw) would leave.

    edit
    here is what I said in that thread

    @Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    my version of the downed state nerf would be:

    remove the invuln going into downstate and getting up from it
    downed players start with 33% hp
    downed players can receive boons as well as condis and retain them when revived
    reduce the total amount of players that can rally from a single person or change the requirements
    reduce the total amount of possible ressers

    and here is the thread link
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/54785/downed-state-nerf-it/p1

  • XECOR.2814XECOR.2814 Member ✭✭✭

    @Tazer.2157 said:
    If you think that resurrection is part of the gameplay then make only specific classes able to ress. Right now as a ranger I take down the opposing necro only to have him ressd back up immediately while my skills are on cd. Then the necro gets back up and spams condi while I cannot do anything. Currently the dmg sacrificed to ress does not make it a disadvantage. Ressing should be an option, either ress or take damage. Now ressing is a blind choice without consequence.

    stop crying, people spend their traitlines and skill slots to go for rez build leaving behind important skills for survival. You should learn more about what weakness their build has by having rez build and approach enemy accordingly. Honestly i facepalmed so hard when a ranger cries about rez when they can literaly self rez by interrupting enemies multiple times from downstate and rezzing themselves.

  • @XECOR.2814 said:

    stop crying, people spend their traitlines and skill slots to go for rez build leaving behind important skills for survival. You should learn more about what weakness their build has by having rez build and approach enemy accordingly. Honestly i facepalmed so hard when a ranger cries about rez when they can literaly self rez by interrupting enemies multiple times from downstate and rezzing themselves.

    This is honestly what is wrong with the PvP. What is the damage that the necro sacrifices for a ress? What is the sacrifice when a holo pops an invul to ress a teammate? There is none because any damage sacrificed by picking support skills is mitigated by the resurrection of a downed player. Ressing a downed player swings the battle almost everytime because of the increased dmg output you get from the player that was downed. And since in GW2 your skills are determined by cooldown, it is very difficult to prevent a ress since most of your skills are on a cd. If you honestly believe that a necro and a holo are support classes you must be kidding. Both necros and holos are dps classes and having them fullfill a support role is just too much.

    Also, other classes have difficultly ressing. A thief isn't as good because of its low HP and lack of stability. So as a thief you need to make a tactical decision to ress or continue to deal damage to the opposing team. This strat isn't there when it comes to holo/necro as they can basically close their eyes and ress because there is no consequence to do so. A team should not be carried by this mechanic to win games. Infinite ressing is just ridiculous.

    One game, I had to decap and cap a far point and killed a necro that was defending it, then a mesmer comes along and I down him. Meanwhile, the necro respawns and resses the mesmer and I couldn't do anything except try and run away. They chase me down and kill me. All the while, I haven't capped the point as it takes time. So ultimately me going far and my kills were pointless.

  • @Tazer.2157 said:
    Okay I have been playing GW2 PvP and before this, I have played Dota2 a lot. And my experience with gw2 is laughable. The balance is frankly flawed. Taking the necromancer class as an example, I killed one and while he was in downed state, he almost killed me LOL. This kind of gameplay does not reward good play. When you take a necro/guard duo down, they just res each other and by that time, the rest of the opposite team comes up while our skills are on cd and we are then facing a 5 man team and our previous kill was for nothing. The res mechanic combined with the bs aoe condi damage is ridiculous. PvP should reward a kill, instead, here we are punished. Frankly, I think the res mechanic needs a serious rework. There should be a disadvantage to res a downed teammate. But currently, there is no downside to res a teammate if you pick a necro which I find every game. Now in any other game, if devs find that a class is prominent in PvP games, they would take a look at it. But not here. It is frankly unbelievable that this has been going on for years and nothing has been done about it. In fact, I am not even sure it will ever be fixed. This kind of unbalanced gameplay can really be a turn off for many. A really easy fix would be to have a res on cd. It is such an easy fix. If you are resurrected, you shouldn't be able to get resurrected for maybe 30 seconds. This way a decision to res a person can atleast be made. Right now its a brain dead mechanic and does not reward good play. Rather the current PvP rewards condi spam, aoe which makes certain classes have a large advantage over others.

    I don't wanna be that person. But please formatting. This is an actual wall of text. This issue is further added to by the fact that it's riddled with grammatical and spelling errors. I could not get past the first two sentences. At least include a TL;DR.

    Ögonen omges av vita och svarta penseldrag som gör att de ser större ut än vad de egentligen är. Baksidan av lodjurets öron kantas av svart päls som slutar i den karaktäristiska tofsen högst upp på örat. Lodjurets svans är kortare än de flesta andra kattdjurs.

  • Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I somehow think they should remove down state in pvp completely

    Death is Energy [DIE] in EU
    Envoy's Herald, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

  • The current state of pvp can be summed up in one word: POWERCREEP

    Powercreep is the defining characteristic of pvp. It is the fundamental problem at its core. When new elite specializations are designed without much concern or thought over how they synergize in this game mode or how they affect other players, you get the disaster that we have today.

  • otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    I think downed state should be nerfed, I remember there was a good thread about it on the wvw forums. it shouldn't be removed tho… its an integral part of play. if people went from alive to dead with no downed state then this game would be trash. everyone would run yolo one shot builds (so all deadeyes) and TTK would make this game a 1st person shooter. most of the people who expect some of the typical mmo experience (basically all of gw) would leave.

    edit
    here is what I said in that thread

    @Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    my version of the downed state nerf would be:

    remove the invuln going into downstate and getting up from it
    downed players start with 33% hp
    downed players can receive boons as well as condis and retain them when revived
    reduce the total amount of players that can rally from a single person or change the requirements
    reduce the total amount of possible ressers

    and here is the thread link
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/54785/downed-state-nerf-it/p1

    Sadly, the game is already like this. For downstate, it needs a nerf. Primarily in removing instant revive and high speed revives. I also think rallying should be removed.

  • TwiceDead.1963TwiceDead.1963 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2018

    @Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    some things are overtuned but this isn't a typical mmo where you can facetank stuff and expect to survive. its all about active defense here.

    Ha..
    Haha!
    ...
    HAHAHA!
    Alright.

    Once upon a time, maybe. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely the way it should be, but it ain't the reality of the situation.

  • @lodjur.1284 said:

    I don't wanna be that person. But please formatting. This is an actual wall of text. This issue is further added to by the fact that it's riddled with grammatical and spelling errors. I could not get past the first two sentences. At least include a TL;DR.

    I am not coming into the forums to spend any more time than I have to. If you do not want to read it, then don't. If you have reading issues, go back to school. I am not going to format my text to make it easy for people for whom English is their second language.

  • lodjur.1284lodjur.1284 Member ✭✭
    edited December 11, 2018

    @Tazer.2157 said:

    @lodjur.1284 said:

    I don't wanna be that person. But please formatting. This is an actual wall of text. This issue is further added to by the fact that it's riddled with grammatical and spelling errors. I could not get past the first two sentences. At least include a TL;DR.

    I am not coming into the forums to spend any more time than I have to. If you do not want to read it, then don't. If you have reading issues, go back to school. I am not going to format my text to make it easy for people for whom English is their second language.

    Yet you expect everyone else to spend time reading what is the text equivalent of an incoherent ramble. This is 1 page that is completely formatted and riddled with spelling errors and grammatical errors to the degree that reading it is physically painful. English being your first language is a thought that genuinely scares me.

    Ögonen omges av vita och svarta penseldrag som gör att de ser större ut än vad de egentligen är. Baksidan av lodjurets öron kantas av svart päls som slutar i den karaktäristiska tofsen högst upp på örat. Lodjurets svans är kortare än de flesta andra kattdjurs.

  • .

    Yet you expect everyone else to spend time reading what is the text equivalent of an incoherent ramble. This is 1 page that is completely formatted and riddled with spelling errors and grammatical errors to the degree that reading it is physically painful. English being your first language is a thought that genuinely scares me.

    I haven’t seen anyone else complain about the post I made. You seem to be the only one who has trouble understanding it. If it’s killing your brain maybe you ought to take it easy. Go back to your 3rd grade books.

  • @Tazer.2157 said:

    .

    Yet you expect everyone else to spend time reading what is the text equivalent of an incoherent ramble. This is 1 page that is completely formatted and riddled with spelling errors and grammatical errors to the degree that reading it is physically painful. English being your first language is a thought that genuinely scares me.

    I haven’t seen anyone else complain about the post I made. You seem to be the only one who has trouble understanding it. If it’s killing your brain maybe you ought to take it easy. Go back to your 3rd grade books.

    That everyone else is too polite/don't care enough doesn't change the fact that it is an abomination. It has nothing to do with being unable to understand it but the amount of effort needed to read what prolly comes down to generic whining.

    That you don't even put in the minimal effort to split it by topic and quickly spellcheck it just means that the content is most likely useless as well, but I will never know as it isn't worth the effort to read through it.

    Ögonen omges av vita och svarta penseldrag som gör att de ser större ut än vad de egentligen är. Baksidan av lodjurets öron kantas av svart päls som slutar i den karaktäristiska tofsen högst upp på örat. Lodjurets svans är kortare än de flesta andra kattdjurs.

  • Namless.4028Namless.4028 Member ✭✭✭

    If you rez youre stuck in one specific location. Everyone with a brain will bomb that spot with all their damage. If you cant do that its your problem.

  • Tazer.2157Tazer.2157 Member ✭✭

    @Namless.4028 said:
    If you rez youre stuck in one specific location. Everyone with a brain will bomb that spot with all their damage. If you cant do that its your problem.

    It’s partly been fixed with Holos. We had them using the invul to ress or stomp now that it’s no longer a passive, we will be seeing less of that. Playing a soulbeast I agree with the nerfs it received as well. Though I would have reduced the boom duration rather than the increased coolfown.

  • Tazer.2157Tazer.2157 Member ✭✭

    @lodjur.1284 said:

    That everyone else is too polite/don't care enough doesn't change the fact that it is an abomination. It has nothing to do with being unable to understand it but the amount of effort needed to read what prolly comes down to generic whining.

    That you don't even put in the minimal effort to split it by topic and quickly spellcheck it just means that the content is most likely useless as well, but I will never know as it isn't worth the effort to read through it.

    You are obviously an angry person. I can be your friend if you want attention and self validation.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.