World Restructuring Update 2 - Page 4 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

World Restructuring Update 2

124>

Comments

• I have almost six years of gw2 and I really like wvw but with this news of monaria I was unmotivated to continue playing.
    They promised a more balanced wvw with a new system and instead send us a mount that from the point of view of many old ones will end wvw.
    I'll talk to some friends who are playing and others who are starting, it will be difficult for you to keep the game active with this decision!
    I installed the APEX Legend and I'm slowly playing it, my lives that were previously focused on gw2 will be focused on other games, I do not have the guts to indicate gw2 for a person who wants to make massive pvp, no more!

• Everyone interested was hoping for alliance update, instead we got mounts which become controversial decision right away. Maybe to cool everyone down you should give us another world restructuring update?

"Raising a building is like fighting a war...except you're hammering on something that's dead."

• Diku.2546Diku.2546 Member ✭✭✭

I've said this before, but with recent events mentioned above...it feels like a good time to mention it again.

It's hilarious, but depressing...

Yours truly,
    Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

• morrolan.9608morrolan.9608 Member ✭✭✭

@Mechanix.9315 said:
    Server balance is top priority, you started all this project having Blackgate as example of how stacked it was, and yet you gave them a server link, it gives me the impression that you guys just dont know how WvW is being played.

Just want to emphasise this point. Its so true.

• @morrolan.9608 said:

@Mechanix.9315 said:
    Server balance is top priority, you started all this project having Blackgate as example of how stacked it was, and yet you gave them a server link, it gives me the impression that you guys just dont know how WvW is being played.

May the bg link make maguuma stand up towards it's once great glory

• Exciton.8942Exciton.8942 Member ✭✭✭

I hope you guys are still fully committed to this project.
    I think this is the only thing that can balance WvW better. The linking is getting worse and worse these days and all you see is ppl bandwagon to create completely lopsided matchups.

• Redponey.8352Redponey.8352 Member ✭✭✭

@Exciton.8942 said:
    I think this is the only thing that can balance WvW better. The linking is getting worse and worse these days and all you see is ppl bandwagon to create completely lopsided matchups.

at least, they could have stoped linking with this wvw mount update. too much people on Q.

• @Raymond Lukes.6305
    I run a havoc guild, that has a few members, thanks largely do to server linking every time we manage to run across someone who wants to join WvW and learn the ropes 2 weeks later we have to part ways because a new link. My Server has an alright community when it comes to WvW, except when only a select few of them go to the Red Borderland map at all, this is the case for a number of other servers. I say this because I have always enjoyed my time in WvW, and I would others to learn to enjoy it as well.

So please continue to work and get this update out. when it does it will invigorate the rest of the player base, after a transition period, because if the "tiered system" as we have it now can be done away with it would help all match ups.

And just to reiterate:

@Mechanix.9315 said:

Let us know, communicate with us please, that you still have in mind the correct priorities in order to keep the players in the game, because being realistic, your pve-like mount will only influx a bit of pve players for a while, once they get the mount they gone to pve land again.

I can totally help, and i know a lot of people will be able to help too, contact us, give us a chance to give you proper feedback, and even play with us, learn how we do, because your weekly streams, just following a random pugmander, and getting sniped by Deadeyes when you respawn its all that i see of your gameplay in those streams.

Don't hesitate to reach out to some people, you would be surprised the insight that you can gain.

@Raymond Lukes.6305

I think that the huge "change" in Arenanet in the past month may have been delay World restructuring update.
    What do you think as alternative or tempory option :
    1) make a refresh start of all WvW server (it has an effect only in WvW because in PvE there is megaserver) and stop linking system (which is a issue because of bandwagonning.)
    2) Make a WvW as before but instead of having each part of the day equal, just weight off-peak hour by less pts (like 3-2-1) and (4-3-2) for the rest of the day.

WvW community player need to have an identity (through guild,server) and fight for it (mean win ) so we need some tournament.

We need some answer Raymond at least negative, positive or even on something different it's fine but we need you to communicate with us.

• nxsage.6578nxsage.6578 Member ✭✭

@Redponey.8352 said:
    1) make a refresh start of all WvW server (it has an effect only in WvW because in PvE there is megaserver) and stop linking system (which is a issue because of bandwagonning.)

This won't ever happen since this is a huge gem sink. They can't replace an existing system without good reason because of revenue projections and NCSOFT.

Why do impairing daggers have a cast time?

@nxsage.6578 said:

@Redponey.8352 said:

This won't ever happen since this is a huge gem sink. They can't replace an existing system without good reason because of revenue projections and NCSOFT.

inter-tournament period was also a huge gem sink. so it kind the same, however bandwaggoning has been tremendously increase with server linkage while before with a "full" server, it may have been less impactful than nowaday.

Moreover people need to have a reason to fight and win in WvW however without any tournament and no more "server identity" it's became like a PvEvP. I mean that now many players come for loots (pips , reward track , legendary stuff, warclaw) sometimes fight other player and that all. they doesnt play the gamemode which has been design to be a World vs World (Server vs Server).

• nxsage.6578nxsage.6578 Member ✭✭

@Redponey.8352 said:
    inter-tournament period was also a huge gem sink. so it kind the same, however bandwaggoning has been tremendously increase with server linkage while before with a "full" server, it may have been less impactful than nowaday.

Moreover people need to have a reason to fight and win in WvW however without any tournament and no more "server identity" it's became like a PvEvP. I mean that now many players come for loots (pips , reward track , legendary stuff, warclaw) sometimes fight other player and that all. they doesnt play the gamemode which has been design to be a World vs World (Server vs Server).

I totally agree, a good motivation to take fights and win would definitely help kill the karma trains.
    They would still need a better way to sink gems into wvw to replace the relinking system. Hopefully mount skins do the trick.

Why do impairing daggers have a cast time?

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Redponey.8352 said:

@nxsage.6578 said:

@Redponey.8352 said:

@nxsage.6578 said:

@Redponey.8352 said:

I totally agree, a good motivation to take fights and win would definitely help kill the karma trains.
    They would still need a better way to sink gems into wvw to replace the relinking system. Hopefully mount skins do the trick.

What a tournament would do, is further encourage transfers.

A large coordinated group would transfer to a link that was linked with a server that has their weak points covered.

Then they would proceed to win each matchup to ‘win’ the tournament. For reference, see previous tournaments.

The other servers who stayed for server pride would be complaining on the forums, and multiple players would leave the mode because of:

• burnout
    • Frustration
    • Anger.

It has happened with each and every tournament.

Thank You for the {MEME}

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Redponey.8352 said:

@nxsage.6578 said:

@Redponey.8352 said:

@nxsage.6578 said:

@Redponey.8352 said:

A large coordinated group would transfer to a link that was linked with a server that has their weak points covered.

Then they would proceed to win each matchup to ‘win’ the tournament. For reference, see previous tournaments.

The other servers who stayed for server pride would be complaining on the forums, and multiple players would leave the mode because of:

• burnout
    • Frustration
    • Anger.

that why before during tournamement transfers was locked and as most valuable servers were in top tier (mean "nearly full or full) a large coordinated group couldnt migrate.

However with link systeme, allow them to migrate between servers (including top server which are full, by using linked server)
    That why i hope that they will stop linking server system.

@Redponey.8352 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Redponey.8352 said:

@nxsage.6578 said:

@Redponey.8352 said:

@nxsage.6578 said:

@Redponey.8352 said:

• burnout
    • Frustration
    • Anger.

that why before during tournamement transfers was locked and as most valuable servers were in top tier (mean "nearly full or full) a large coordinated group couldnt migrate.

Yes... DURING tournaments it was locked. That’s not the issue. Unless they surprise us with a tournament that no one expects, and lock transfers prior to them announcing it, what I described is the expected outcome.

However with link systeme, allow them to migrate between servers (including top server which are full, by using linked server)

So... with alliances, the link system will go away. Until then, they have stated they will not just delete servers. And they aren’t going to spend time and resources reorganizing before Alliances.

And if you mean just splitting off the links and leaving people in those essentially dead servers to fend for themselves, then... it is a failure already.

Thank You for the {MEME}

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Redponey.8352 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Redponey.8352 said:

@nxsage.6578 said:

@Redponey.8352 said:

@nxsage.6578 said:

@Redponey.8352 said:

• burnout
    • Frustration
    • Anger.

Yes... DURING tournaments it was locked. That’s not the issue. Unless they surprise us with a tournament that no one expects, and lock transfers prior to them announcing it, what I described is the expected outcome.

So... with alliances, the link system will go away. Until then, they have stated they will not just delete servers. And they aren’t going to spend time and resources reorganizing before Alliances.

And if you mean just splitting off the links and leaving people in those essentially dead servers to fend for themselves, then... it is a failure already.

I think that Alliance system will not be good as a server system because a server system is more open (it doesnt belong to anyone) as alliance belong to GM that form the alliance. so new player wont get in easier than a server system.
    I mean that alliance system will use it own vocal , so lonely guild also. and than you split the whole community in different box instead to reunite.
    Server vocal system is really nice it gather people on a single vocal from guilds, non-guild , casual to regular player, beginner can easily ask question to commander. but with alliance i think it wont work.

@Redponey.8352 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Redponey.8352 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Redponey.8352 said:

@nxsage.6578 said:

@Redponey.8352 said:

@nxsage.6578 said:

@Redponey.8352 said:

• burnout
    • Frustration
    • Anger.

I think that Alliance system will not be good as a server system because a server system is more open (it doesnt belong to anyone) as alliance belong to GM that form the alliance. so new player wont get in easier than a server system.
    I mean that alliance system will use it own vocal , so lonely guild also. and than you split the whole community in different box instead to reunite.
    Server vocal system is really nice it gather people on a single vocal from guilds, non-guild , casual to regular player, beginner can easily ask question to commander. but with alliance i think it wont work.

It remains to be seen.

Honestly though, most people will find an alliance that suits them.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

@nxsage.6578 said:

@Redponey.8352 said:

And anyone that doesn't think Alliances won't need gems to re-link after the initial alliances are set, see me.

I got a bridge on the moon I want to sell you.

How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 17, 2019

@Redponey.8352 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Redponey.8352 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Redponey.8352 said:

@nxsage.6578 said:

@Redponey.8352 said:

@nxsage.6578 said:

@Redponey.8352 said:

• burnout
    • Frustration
    • Anger.

Thats not how alliances are supposed to work at all.

We still have worlds.

These contain contain alliances (groups of guilds), guilds (groups of players) or loose players.

Alliances just adds a layer of player self-management above guild level, but below the worlds that Anet will create anew every world reset. From a top level, WvW as it is now would look identical to WvW under the alliance system.

Its exactly as "open" as todays worlds. In fact you could totally remove alliances from the alliance system and it would still work as intended - reshuffling all guilds and players to newly created and population balanced worlds at certain intervals.

Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

• Asumir.1978Asumir.1978 Member ✭✭
    edited March 18, 2019

When is this fantasy coming true?

Thaír ar Nádal aï Narvèduí – Zían athâ éhû Tharnadaï
    From Shadow unto Light is born the Narvedui
    While softly walks the Tharnadai

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Exciton.8942 said:
    I think this is the only thing that can balance WvW better.

But... but.... there has been a faster fix to assure WvW does not die: the Warclaw! :s ;)

I, too, hope that we will get a final result soon, but - even before the layoffs - the dev's initial post makes it sound like this will take much, much longer. :/

• Irbis.4932Irbis.4932 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 20, 2019

At this point it feels more like Samuel Beckett's 'Waiting for Godot' :/

edited March 20, 2019

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Exciton.8942 said:
    I think this is the only thing that can balance WvW better.

But... but.... there has been a faster fix to assure WvW does not die: the Warclaw! :s ;)

I, too, hope that we will get a final result soon, but - even before the layoffs - the dev's initial post makes it sound like this will take much, much longer. :/

The initial post was over 12 months ago. This is the second UPDATE. Ie: there have been three iterations of this.

These are the previous 2.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/26547/world-restructuring/p1

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/45856/world-restructuring-update-1

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 20, 2019

@Strider Pj.2193 said:
    The initial post was over 12 months ago. This is the second UPDATE. Ie: there have been three iterations of this.

Thanks for the links. :) None of this has gone live to date, though, has it?

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

@morrolan.9608 said:

@Mechanix.9315 said:

May the bg link make maguuma stand up towards it's once great glory

Maguuma stands tall and proud....when they control SMC that is. Soon as they lose it though, they take their choya balloons and log off :sunglasses:

"Worlds" as a concept are dead anyways. Every chat, either in game or on comms, always refers to GUILDS, not worlds. Nobody really cares about what world they are linked to or facing each week, only which GUILDS are involved.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Thanks for the links. :) None of this has gone live to date, though, has it?

No it hasn’t.

Thank You for the {MEME}

Still in silence...

@Asumir.1978 said:

About the same time we get build templates.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@Asumir.1978 said:

About the same time we get build templates.

and GvG system? LUL

• trixantea.1230trixantea.1230 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2019

Veteran creatures should be given some intresting reward for killing them at the very least a +1 or +2 team score or maybe a small 5 minutes buff.
    Now they are just some bland pve mobs for the daily. Some of them are placed near camps but do not even give exp.

@trixantea.1230 said:
    Veteran creatures should be given some intresting reward for killing them at the very least a +1 or +2 team score or maybe a small 5 minutes buff.
    Now they are just some bland pve mobs for the daily. Some of them are placed near camps but do not even give exp.

The only ones that give XP are the ones that are events. Any others are just there as a nuisance or maybe a rally mechanic.

And please... less rewards for PvE stuff in WvW. Give more rewards for killing players.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• AliamRationem.5172AliamRationem.5172 Member ✭✭✭✭

So, if I join a WvW guild and the system matches guilds together to build teams with roughly equal numbers, what is the purpose of servers and server transfers?

• It would be nice and respectful with us, players, if Arenanet could elucidate how does this plan goes. If it is going. Or not. But, you know, give us some satisfaction.
    It is becoming very hard to keep going on this game and the only reason I still play is because the friends I've made here and the lack of a good new game for us to go.
    But the new always come....it is just a matter of time...

• Uthrax.4975Uthrax.4975 Member ✭✭

Looks like it's cancelled, why else would they un-sticky it?

@Uthrax.4975 said:
    Looks like it's cancelled, why else would they un-sticky it?

It’s been ‘un-stickied’ Because of this:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/73411/guild-wars-2-forum-the-library-wvw#latest

This ‘library’ includes several items in an easy to find location. Including the GvG results.

Thank You for the {MEME}

Maybe they think hope pushes gemstore sales?

I think we won't get Alliances until they figure out how to monetize them like they get from the Locusts Transfers now.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.