World Restructuring Update 2 - Page 7 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home› WvW

World Restructuring Update 2

123457>

Comments

  • Calisanna.8732Calisanna.8732 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 15, 2020

    @Super Hayes.6890 said:

    @Calisanna.8732 said:
    Wait, community, are we now trying to keep both of these threads alive?
    drops ascended food, buffs up
    We got this all!

    Could you drop another one? These things only last 5 minutes and we have a lot of years left to keep these threads up. I need my buffs!

    You’ve made my night. 😂

    Edited to drops more ascended food and sharpening stone station... throws up catmander tag to mark location, and pulls ewp for all to easily come get buffs wait... blame the new person! They pulled the ewp 😁

  • Diku.2546Diku.2546 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 15, 2020

    Wishful thinking...I'd like to see an ANet version of a Road Map for WvW.

    Updates are nice, but a Road Map is better.

    It takes a lot of careful planning with a lot of insight into the game mode, but I believe it's possible...imho

    Example Road Map:
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/89449/wvg-world-vs-globes/p1

    Credibility requires critical insight & time.

    Yours truly,
    Diku

    Credibility requires critical insight & time.
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/89449/wvg-world-vs-globes/p1

  • Inoki.6048Inoki.6048 Member ✭✭✭

    @Diku.2546 said:
    Wishful thinking...I'd like to see an ANet version of a Road Map for WvW.

    Updates are nice, but a Road Map is better.

    It takes a lot of careful planning with a lot of insight into the game mode, but I believe it's possible...imho

    Example Road Map:
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/89449/wvg-world-vs-globes/p1

    Credibility requires critical insight & time.

    They're probably having a good laugh about how some people still believe after (nearly) 3 years that something's coming.

    Every transfer delays alliances.

  • Super Hayes.6890Super Hayes.6890 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Calisanna.8732 said:

    @Super Hayes.6890 said:

    @Calisanna.8732 said:
    Wait, community, are we now trying to keep both of these threads alive?
    drops ascended food, buffs up
    We got this all!

    Could you drop another one? These things only last 5 minutes and we have a lot of years left to keep these threads up. I need my buffs!

    You’ve made my night. 😂

    Edited to drops more ascended food and sharpening stone station... throws up catmander tag to mark location, and pulls ewp for all to easily come get buffs wait... blame the new person! They pulled the ewp 😁

    I just got back through the ewp. What is the situation?

    The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

  • Diku.2546Diku.2546 Member ✭✭✭

    @Inoki.6048 said:

    @Diku.2546 said:
    Wishful thinking...I'd like to see an ANet version of a Road Map for WvW.

    Updates are nice, but a Road Map is better.

    It takes a lot of careful planning with a lot of insight into the game mode, but I believe it's possible...imho

    Example Road Map:
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/89449/wvg-world-vs-globes/p1

    Credibility requires critical insight & time.

    They're probably having a good laugh about how some people still believe after (nearly) 3 years that something's coming.

    You're probably right, but Hope is a powerful word...when details are lacking.

    Yours truly,
    Diku

    Credibility requires critical insight & time.
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/89449/wvg-world-vs-globes/p1

  • kamikharzeeh.8016kamikharzeeh.8016 Member ✭✭✭

    @Super Hayes.6890 use food and utility primers, so u can store the buffs for longer ;) get them every some days from Wvw-supply boxes @ daily guild vendor for example

    the situation is... yeah i think we have the same situation since i started gw2 2,5 years ago, kinda. ^^"

  • Super Hayes.6890Super Hayes.6890 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @kamikharzeeh.8016 said:
    @Super Hayes.6890 use food and utility primers, so u can store the buffs for longer ;) get them every some days from Wvw-supply boxes @ daily guild vendor for example

    the situation is... yeah i think we have the same situation since i started gw2 2,5 years ago, kinda. ^^"

    Ah, good! That helps a lot. Now maybe I can hold out for back up 😀

    The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

  • TheGrimm.5624TheGrimm.5624 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 24, 2020

    @Doug.4930 said:

    @Brutal Augus.5917 said:
    I'm impressed that no matter how many breaks I take from this game you guys have managed to keep this thread on the front page. That's dedication.

    Err...I mean;

    Where alliance patch be???

    Thats because the true alliance patch was getting us all on the forums to ally together and bump this thread.

    Alliances was never about proper game balance and providing a positive experience for the players who took part in WvW.
    It was about the friends we made along the way.
    -Anet probably

    I think there are many Alliances already in place, should we all join them or create a new one?

    [FTW] - Forums Trading Words
    [kitten] - When The Forums
    [NOT] - Notoriously Off Topic
    [UNTIL] - Unified Never Till Information Loss
    [XPK] - Xero-humour Player KaBobs
    [KK?] Kooky Knowers Question

    I suggestion coffee for all. Now what page were we on now?

    Nope wrong one. Merge might be later, all good.

    Envy the Madman his musing when Death comes to make fools of us all.
    De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.
    TheGrimm PoTBS/GW1/WAR/Rift/GW2/MWO/ESO/WoT/WoW/D2/Civ6/CU/AoC/NW

  • Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 26, 2020

    @Inoki.6048 said:

    @Diku.2546 said:
    Wishful thinking...I'd like to see an ANet version of a Road Map for WvW.

    Updates are nice, but a Road Map is better.

    It takes a lot of careful planning with a lot of insight into the game mode, but I believe it's possible...imho

    Example Road Map:
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/89449/wvg-world-vs-globes/p1

    Credibility requires critical insight & time.

    They're probably having a good laugh about how some people still believe after (nearly) 3 years that something's coming.

    I don't. I know as fact at this point that Alliances were dropped because they will never give up that bandwagoner transfers income, but they don't have the kitten guts to admit it to us and just be done with the ongoing lie.

    How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

    Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

  • Zok.4956Zok.4956 Member ✭✭✭

    @Super Hayes.6890 said:

    @Calisanna.8732 said:

    @Super Hayes.6890 said:

    @Calisanna.8732 said:
    Wait, community, are we now trying to keep both of these threads alive?
    drops ascended food, buffs up
    We got this all!

    Could you drop another one? These things only last 5 minutes and we have a lot of years left to keep these threads up. I need my buffs!

    You’ve made my night. 😂

    Edited to drops more ascended food and sharpening stone station... throws up catmander tag to mark location, and pulls ewp for all to easily come get buffs wait... blame the new person! They pulled the ewp 😁

    I just got back through the ewp. What is the situation?

    There is no need to waste ewp. there is enough time, you can walk slowly.

    https://www.gw2gh.com/ - A GW2-Guild-Hall.
    Register and check your guild leaderboard to see who is the best in your guild and who finished achievements first.

  • subversiontwo.7501subversiontwo.7501 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 26, 2020

    @Diku.2546 said:
    Wishful thinking...I'd like to see an ANet version of a Road Map for WvW.

    • There used to be roadmaps, they just never followed them.
    • There still are roadmaps, WvW just isn't on them.
    • WvW probably isn't on them because they can't follow them and listing WvW would just keep highlighting that in a ridiculous way.
    • If they are to have roadmaps for WvW they need to have the resources to be able to follow roadmaps.
    • That doesn't exist and that is the problem whether we have roadmaps or not.

    The roadmap for WvW likely still is Alliances -> Scoring -> Other (that has been reaffirmed recently enough and nothing to the contrary has been said)
    The paralell roadmap to WvW for competetive is likely still Swiss (Done) -> 10v10+ sPvP infrastructure -> More ways to explore Swiss (3v3, 5v5, 10v10 etc.)

    I call it paralell because it is another system announced from the same team and there could be some content overlap for players/player communities.
    A guess is that they are banking on that WvW can survive a bit longer on fumes or rebuild and have pushed the 10v10 infrastructure past it in the backlog.
    That something like that isn't advertised is understandble as it would go against the purpose of what their hopes are pinned to but it's also irresponsible.

    If there is something to ship with EoD it's more likely the new sPvP infrastructure and if marketing wants some sauce put on that, like Luxons and Kurzicks, its possible something like that may be tied into the 10v10 infratructure as a "new mode". The history, risk and responsibility of that can also be discussed.

    Given ideas in recent discussion here: The roadmap for WvW should probably be Alliances (aka. the guild components threaded onto existing servers) without Battlegroups (aka. the server/matchup components) -> EotM/Lobby remapping and testbed -> Scoring -> Battlegroups, if you ask me.
    That would enable them to ship important pieces of the puzzle that could serve all submodes and subsets of WvW later on, if they can implement it such.
    All of those things could work under a Battlegroup system and under a Color system, they could coexist and they could allow other things to expand into.

    Again, nothing else has been officially communicated so if they've already announced that they're prepared to give up part of whatever transfer revenue stream exists with the Alliance system, we will just have to assume that so is still the case. Thus suggestions for the same within a simpler pakage are valid. If that has been backed off Alliances serve no purpose and they should come out and say it, take the hit (which may be a deathknell) and scratch the table (for a third time) to find things to reasonably deliver on. They should also probably tell Ray because I don't think he's lying when talking to us B) .

  • kamikharzeeh.8016kamikharzeeh.8016 Member ✭✭✭

    and here we are again, knocking on Anet's doors for the promised changes.

    What has been happening with World Restructuring?
    [...]I want to stress that while there has been a lot of work done, and we have made some really good and exciting progress, we are still a ways out from the launch of World >Restructuring and Alliances. [...]
    One of the elements that currently is functional on the backend is the concept of WvW guilds and players being able to select a WvW guild. We test this using debug >commands because none of the UI is in place, but the communication layers are there as well as the storage aspects of that data. This provides us with some of the data >necessary for grouping people onto teams in the matchmaker.
    Speaking of the matchmaker, I have completed a very basic implementation of a matchmaker that will churn through a huge list of players grouped by WvW guild and then place them on teams while keeping team sizes even. There is still a lot to do with this to get it to something that handles all the cases we want, but the early work and numbers look very promising.

    comment about this would be higher appreciated than lucy's sky diamonds. i mean this "Lot of work done" and the 2nd post about fixing matchups is from 2 years ago.

    sooo... @Cal Cohen.2358 ... are there news?

  • enkidu.5937enkidu.5937 Member ✭✭✭

    So, whats the point in this?

    1) transfer restrictions after re-linking
    -> good idea, just do it

    2) alliances
    -> already in the game, its just a QoL, instead of a guild leader that has to manage 500 members, an alliance leader would manage a dozen guilds that are doing their managing internally

    3) deleting worlds
    -> just a terrible idea imo, it will turn WvW into an EoTM sandbox

    So, how many additional years does it take to delete worlds? (not that I would be excited to see this happen xD)

  • kamikharzeeh.8016kamikharzeeh.8016 Member ✭✭✭

    3) dude, worlds get deleted the whole time kinda. population hops like wild, only small contingents of players stay constantly on one world.

    like out of current desolation commanders from a former huge server, there is like one original comm left, and like 10-20 veterans (and more that only log in very rare and randomly)
    if we lost 120-130 players during one year, out of which many been long time population, what is really left of "the server"?

    2) alliances as in bonds of Wvw-guilds aren't existing at all. most guilds are small or just newly formed, with many newby players in them.

    and overall... status quo is = nothing

  • Super Hayes.6890Super Hayes.6890 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Why did we let this get so low on the first page? Don't let them win! 😀

    The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

  • Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Super Hayes.6890 said:
    Why did we let this get so low on the first page? Don't let them win! 😀

    Alliances WHEN!?

    Really? How hard it is to monetize it like you get out of Transfers ANet, cause we know that's what you're waiting for.

    How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

    Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

  • Thornwolf.9721Thornwolf.9721 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Kylden Ar.3724 said:

    @Super Hayes.6890 said:
    Why did we let this get so low on the first page? Don't let them win! 😀

    Alliances WHEN!?

    Really? How hard it is to monetize it like you get out of Transfers ANet, cause we know that's what you're waiting for.

    because monetizing it in any for outside of transfers likely is a death sentence for the mode, perhaps that might be what they are waiting for? The perfect way to kill it once and for all.

  • Zenral.3958Zenral.3958 Member ✭✭

    The current state of WvW is pathetic to say the least, anything will more than likely be better than the current joke this mode has boiled down to. I'm surprised Anet isn't noticing how they're killing their own game by allowing these bandwagon transfers and cheaters to take as much space as they do today.

  • Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Zenral.3958 said:
    The current state of WvW is pathetic to say the least, anything will more than likely be better than the current joke this mode has boiled down to. I'm surprised Anet isn't noticing how they're killing their own game by allowing these bandwagon transfers and cheaters to take as much space as they do today.

    They know. They don't care because the bandwagon guilds = Gem Sales.

    How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

    Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

  • Gankiskhan.4671Gankiskhan.4671 Member ✭✭
    edited October 18, 2020

    My suggestion is uninstall the game and move on like I am doing. I've felt WvW was a kitten on game mode from about year 2 . Transfers? I can't even play with the people I want to because full servers and the ridiculous retirement of money. Na I just uninstalled my game and am moving on. I got nothing good to say about Anet. They won't even do updates or have a Dev pop in regularly to give the WvW community a road map or monthly updates. How do you run a game like this? Guess I'm was as big as sucker as anyone else at this point, but after 7 years I've finally caught on they don't care so bu bye and don't worry I won t let the door hit my kitten on the way out!!

  • polter.3241polter.3241 Member ✭✭

    True words. PS5 and some new mmos are coming. Will be a hard time for gw2 and wvw if they still wont do more for wvw.

  • seabhac.5346seabhac.5346 Member ✭✭

    ArenaNet people: Can we please get an update on this topic? It's been almost 2 years since this post by Raymond Lukes. Can we please have an update? Please?