Holo & Invulnerability — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Holo & Invulnerability

I've been playing around in PVP for a few months so I'm still learning, but for the life of me I do not understand how or why Holo can go invulnerable multiple times in the span of a few seconds. How do they reduce Elixir S cooldown to a few seconds, or is there another Holo invul skill?

A secondary debate: get rid of invul stomps?

Kind regards.

<1

Comments

  • Alatar.7364Alatar.7364 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2018

    @Saharo Gravewind.5120 said:
    I've been playing around in PVP for a few months so I'm still learning, but for the life of me I do not understand how or why Holo can go invulnerable multiple times in the span of a few seconds. How do they reduce Elixir S cooldown to a few seconds, or is there another Holo invul skill?

    A secondary debate: get rid of invul stomps?

    Kind regards.

    "...multiple times in the span of a few seconds"
    Now that is very exaggerated.

    Holo/Engi has one Elixir S passive on a cooldown of 90 seconds as of this trait and one utility skill Elixir S on a cooldown of 60 seconds.

    What you refer to as "...multiple times in the span of few seconds" is Holo/engi using utility Elixir S and then randomly getting proc of the mentioned trait Self-Regulating Defenses, and that is it for 90 seconds. Definitely no multiple uses within few seconds.

    But yes, it is annoying nonetheless.

    ~ I Aear cân ven na mar

  • @Alatar.7364 said:

    @Saharo Gravewind.5120 said:
    I've been playing around in PVP for a few months so I'm still learning, but for the life of me I do not understand how or why Holo can go invulnerable multiple times in the span of a few seconds. How do they reduce Elixir S cooldown to a few seconds, or is there another Holo invul skill?

    A secondary debate: get rid of invul stomps?

    Kind regards.

    "...multiple times in the span of a few seconds"
    Now that is very exaggerated.

    Holo/Engi has one Elixir S passive on a cooldown of 90 seconds as of this trait and one utility skill Elixir S on a cooldown of 60 seconds.

    What you refer to as "...multiple times in the span of few seconds" is Holo/engi using utility Elixir S and then randomly getting proc of the mentioned trait Self-Regulating Defenses, and that is it for 90 seconds. Definitely no multiple uses within few seconds.

    But yes, it is annoying nonetheless.

    I kitten you not my friend. I don't have any documentation so my claims are ~baseless~ but I have had Holos go invul twice on me within 10 seconds. Are they just cheaters? :(

  • Sorry let me clairfy, and see if I'm understanding this correctly.
    Self-Regulating Defenses pops an Elixir S when health drops below 25%, and then the actual Elixir S can be used right after the initial invul wears off. But at a range far above the 25% health, going invulnerable twice, far under a 60 second cooldown is suspect?

  • Alatar.7364Alatar.7364 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Saharo Gravewind.5120 said:
    Sorry let me clairfy, and see if I'm understanding this correctly.
    Self-Regulating Defenses pops an Elixir S when health drops below 25%, and then the actual Elixir S can be used right after the initial invul wears off. But at a range far above the 25% health, going invulnerable twice, far under a 60 second cooldown is suspect?

    You can't go Invul on Holo more than twice within 90 seconds. You can go invul twice within 10 seconds if you will use utility Elixir S right before or right after the Self-Regulating Defenses, but you can't do that more than once per 90 seconds because thats the CD of passive. You can't go Invul under 60 seconds after the first activation of the Passive trait.

    ~ I Aear cân ven na mar

  • Had an 80% health Holo do this to me last week, now I know he was cheating, but for everyone else at low health it makes sense. Thanks for explaining this to me.

  • Alatar.7364Alatar.7364 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Saharo Gravewind.5120 said:
    Had an 80% health Holo do this to me last week, now I know he was cheating, but for everyone else at low health it makes sense. Thanks for explaining this to me.

    He could use the utility Elixir S and get bombed to 25% after or get the 25% passive proc - heal - utility Elixir S.

    Only the movement in this game is done Client side, that's why all the hacks in Gw are movement related and also why you couldn't have ever met anyone using hacks that would allow multiple Elixir S uses.
    You just need to understand the scenarios.

    ~ I Aear cân ven na mar

  • SPESHAL.9106SPESHAL.9106 Member ✭✭✭

    Wait until this guy fights a mesmer and sees the mesmer constantly evading, dodging, blocking, going invis, blinking away, portalling an escape, etc.

    Then...when he has a small window to hit the mesmer...he takes major damage himself via confusion.

  • Saharo Gravewind.5120Saharo Gravewind.5120 Member ✭✭
    edited November 30, 2018

    @Alatar.7364 said:

    @Saharo Gravewind.5120 said:
    Had an 80% health Holo do this to me last week, now I know he was cheating, but for everyone else at low health it makes sense. Thanks for explaining this to me.

    He could use the utility Elixir S and get bombed to 25% after or get the 25% passive proc - heal - utility Elixir S.

    Only the movement in this game is done Client side, that's why all the hacks in Gw are movement related and also why you couldn't have ever met anyone using hacks that would allow multiple Elixir S uses.
    You just need to understand the scenarios.

    Sorry, what does all hacks are movement related mean? That people cannot/don't hack other ways?

    Also, I never got him below the 80%, so I don't think it would have been triggering anything.

  • Was gonna say, Mirage has about 9 seconds of invulnerability with free movement (4 sec distort)(Evades+vigor)(axe3)(sword2) so fighting a Holo with that is so much easier.

  • Passive elixir s traited is 72 seconds cd, active elixir s traited is 48 seconds.

    You can go invuln twice in a matter of seconds if the passive procs and then you use the active as well, but then have to wait 48 seconds at least to be able to shrink again.

  • tinyreborn.1938tinyreborn.1938 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2018

    @Farkon.2170 said:
    Was gonna say, Mirage has about 9 seconds of invulnerability with free movement (4 sec distort)(Evades+vigor)(axe3)(sword2) so fighting a Holo with that is so much easier.

    0-16 necromancer complainin about mesmer... cute ... why you lie there?
    To get 4s distortion u need 3 clones which is unrealistically to have in real combat situation , unless they actually change it to always grant 4s , I would like it way more
    2 evades like other classes (except drd that have 3 and can regain it) , vigor was gutted and never been perma unlike thieves/engis/etc
    Axe 3 is a free movement ? What?
    Sword 2 is a free movement ? What ?
    Also INVULNERABILITY is 4s only .Rest is an evade
    Lets think you have sword mh and axe ...Even if you count it as 4+2+1+3/4 =/= 9 . Math is hard?

  • @tinyreborn.1938 said:

    @Farkon.2170 said:
    Was gonna say, Mirage has about 9 seconds of invulnerability with free movement (4 sec distort)(Evades+vigor)(axe3)(sword2) so fighting a Holo with that is so much easier.

    0-16 necromancer complainin about mesmer... cute ... why you lie there?
    To get 4s distortion u need 3 clones which is unrealistically to have in real combat situation , unless they actually change it to always grant 4s , I would like it way more
    2 evades like other classes (except drd that have 3 and can regain it) , vigor was gutted and never been perma unlike thieves/engis/etc
    Axe 3 is a free movement ? What?
    Sword 2 is a free movement ? What ?
    Also INVULNERABILITY is 4s only .Rest is an evade
    Lets think you have sword mh and axe ...Even if you count it as 4+2+1+3/4 =/= 9 . Math is hard?

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/a1iz6k/when_you_go_362_and_you_cant_carry_the_team/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/9yuuo9/maybe_mirage_is_op_almost_effortless_plat/
    Pretty sure I'm good at Mirage and know what I'm talking about.

    1+4+3/4+1+1+1+1 = 9 3/4
    Dodge+Distortion+Symmetry+Blurred+Dodge+Mirror+Dodge
    You forgot about mirrors and with vigor you can dodge within 7 seconds. Most mirages use Mirage Mirror at a minimum, If you want to go overboard you can reach up to 13-14 seconds but most Mirages use blink and portal.

    1+4+3/4+1+1+1+1+1/2+1+1+1+1= 14 1/4 seconds

    Suffice to say it's a bit better then Holosmith's invuln where they do nothing while under elixir.

  • Alatar.7364Alatar.7364 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Saharo Gravewind.5120 said:

    @Alatar.7364 said:

    @Saharo Gravewind.5120 said:
    Had an 80% health Holo do this to me last week, now I know he was cheating, but for everyone else at low health it makes sense. Thanks for explaining this to me.

    He could use the utility Elixir S and get bombed to 25% after or get the 25% passive proc - heal - utility Elixir S.

    Only the movement in this game is done Client side, that's why all the hacks in Gw are movement related and also why you couldn't have ever met anyone using hacks that would allow multiple Elixir S uses.
    You just need to understand the scenarios.

    Sorry, what does all hacks are movement related mean? That people cannot/don't hack other ways?

    Also, I never got him below the 80%, so I don't think it would have been triggering anything.

    Yes, it means only Speed/Movement hacks exist.
    People that you see using those hacks are just people who downloaded 3rd party programs, not actual hackers.
    Actual hackers can do stuff but "real hackers" don't spend their skills with something as trivial as hacking games to cheat. It is somewhat general misunderstanding that the people running around with cheats such as porting are hackers, they are not.

    ~ I Aear cân ven na mar

  • Hoodie.1045Hoodie.1045 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Saharo Gravewind.5120 said:
    I've been playing around in PVP for a few months so I'm still learning, but for the life of me I do not understand how or why Holo can go invulnerable multiple times in the span of a few seconds. How do they reduce Elixir S cooldown to a few seconds, or is there another Holo invul skill?

    Holosmith can use Elixir S twice: once from the utility skill that has a 60 seconds cooldown, 48 seconds if they're using the HGH trait in alchemy and the Self-Regulating Defenses which has a 90 seconds cooldown which also can be reduced to 72 seconds if they're using HGH.

    A secondary debate: get rid of invul stomps?

    Some players find invulnerable stomps annoying. The problem with the Elixir S stomp is that it's a very risky move. You're wasting a stun breaker which already has a fairly long cooldown and it can be used either to rally an ally or to stomp an enemy player. If the passive stun breaker has already been used, the only other stun breaker the holosmith can use is Elixir U.

    Using Elixir S for the sole purpose of stomping enemy players only makes the holosmith more vulnerable to CC and condition damage, so not only is it a risky move, but also situational when it comes to stomping enemy players. The only time Elixir S stomps can be useful is when the enemy comp consists of strong support builds like firebrand which can rally players faster than you can deal cleave damage on downed players.

    Kind regards.

  • tinyreborn.1938tinyreborn.1938 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2018

    @Farkon.2170 said:

    @tinyreborn.1938 said:

    @Farkon.2170 said:
    Was gonna say, Mirage has about 9 seconds of invulnerability with free movement (4 sec distort)(Evades+vigor)(axe3)(sword2) so fighting a Holo with that is so much easier.

    0-16 necromancer complainin about mesmer... cute ... why you lie there?
    To get 4s distortion u need 3 clones which is unrealistically to have in real combat situation , unless they actually change it to always grant 4s , I would like it way more
    2 evades like other classes (except drd that have 3 and can regain it) , vigor was gutted and never been perma unlike thieves/engis/etc
    Axe 3 is a free movement ? What?
    Sword 2 is a free movement ? What ?
    Also INVULNERABILITY is 4s only .Rest is an evade
    Lets think you have sword mh and axe ...Even if you count it as 4+2+1+3/4 =/= 9 . Math is hard?

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/a1iz6k/when_you_go_362_and_you_cant_carry_the_team/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/9yuuo9/maybe_mirage_is_op_almost_effortless_plat/
    Pretty sure I'm good at Mirage and know what I'm talking about.

    1+4+3/4+1+1+1+1 = 9 3/4
    Dodge+Distortion+Symmetry+Blurred+Dodge+Mirror+Dodge
    You forgot about mirrors and with vigor you can dodge within 7 seconds. Most mirages use Mirage Mirror at a minimum, If you want to go overboard you can reach up to 13-14 seconds but most Mirages use blink and portal.

    1+4+3/4+1+1+1+1+1/2+1+1+1+1= 14 1/4 seconds

    Suffice to say it's a bit better then Holosmith's invuln where they do nothing while under elixir.

    You are good at mirage based on unranked games offseason ? Only thing you proven its good at farming low meh players,what a surprise, I guess?
    You still dont understand invulnerability =/= evade
    You still talking nonsene with mirors and time passed to get another evade... alrdy discussed this long ago .Others have even more evades. Cba to do it again.
    'most mirages use blink and portal' because otherwise they would be not so useful except bopping some 1x1's
    Highly doubt you really know what you talking about.
    If you dont kill holo after poc,he will heal himself to 100% in 1 go with turret and can stall fight for a long time and get like 3-4 invul elixirs before some1 die. He free to kite and dont take condition damage in it and all that for 8 seconds with two elixirs in the row . Doesnt matter how many ppl try to kill him you wont kill him faster and being shrunk for him is better for recovering invaluable cds as blocking utility/heal /heat (and getting heat healing in it)

  • sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2018

    @Saharo Gravewind.5120 said:

    @Alatar.7364 said:

    @Saharo Gravewind.5120 said:
    I've been playing around in PVP for a few months so I'm still learning, but for the life of me I do not understand how or why Holo can go invulnerable multiple times in the span of a few seconds. How do they reduce Elixir S cooldown to a few seconds, or is there another Holo invul skill?

    A secondary debate: get rid of invul stomps?

    Kind regards.

    "...multiple times in the span of a few seconds"
    Now that is very exaggerated.

    Holo/Engi has one Elixir S passive on a cooldown of 90 seconds as of this trait and one utility skill Elixir S on a cooldown of 60 seconds.

    What you refer to as "...multiple times in the span of few seconds" is Holo/engi using utility Elixir S and then randomly getting proc of the mentioned trait Self-Regulating Defenses, and that is it for 90 seconds. Definitely no multiple uses within few seconds.

    But yes, it is annoying nonetheless.

    I kitten you not my friend. I don't have any documentation so my claims are ~baseless~ but I have had Holos go invul twice on me within 10 seconds. Are they just cheaters? :(

    Elixir S is a utility skill to be used any time and its also in the traits.

    Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    CLICK HERE FOR A FREE SCREEN CLEANING SERVICE
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion - Playing till last friend leaves.

  • Noha.3749Noha.3749 Member ✭✭✭

    Elixir S is probably the most "annoying" lifesaver in the game.
    Seeing that fancypantsy engineer wobbling around invulnerable for those few seconds is so frustrating :p

    Mirage invulns is stronger overall though, engineers is just more "visually" annoying than practical compared to Mirages.

  • MyPuppy.8970MyPuppy.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Whenever i see a Holo shrinking, i can't help but imagine my toon trying to crush it like a fleeing cockroach.

  • cgMatt.5162cgMatt.5162 Member ✭✭✭

    The passive proc is annoying for the person using it too because when you're trying to pull off a combo it procs and the only thing you can do with it is kite. Chill/cripple still affects movement speed so you can't get very far, nor can you proactively self-cleanse. Very rarely have I gotten the opportunity to get a stomp off of it. That use is unreliable.

  • Tiah.3091Tiah.3091 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2018

    Holo itself has already impressive survivability. Lots of healing through heat passive, regen and blasting water fields, nice protection uptime, as well as the best vigor uptime in the game. And also built-in condi cleanse/convert.
    And as a cherry on top there's elixir S, 4s invulnerability. Which by itself would be KIND OF fine. But then there's 2nd time via passive, which can be triggered back-to-back.
    And now, 8 s invuln - no matter how big is the cooldown -- well THAT is pure cancer.
    Especially on top of that quite impressive suvivability, that holo already has.
    (Considering, that 72 is not too big of a cooldown, actually, and 48 is even less so)

    Personally, I'm ok with elixir S ALONE. And I'm ok with passive proc ALONE.
    The biggest offender, is that they usually happen as 1+1.

    Least they could do to fix this kitten - intriduce 20 s cooldown, such as if one of them is used/triggered, the other doesn't trigger/can't be used for 20s.

  • My only gripe with it is that engies can res and stomp while in Elixir S which does the same thing as Renewed Focus but the guardians cant stomp when they use their elite skill. Maybe all the Invulnerability skills should get the Ignore Pain, Stone signet treatment for sPVP.

  • Noha.3749Noha.3749 Member ✭✭✭

    I would like passive to trigger Elixir U instead of Elixir S.
    That shrink ruins so many combos from the engiplayer and is at times just as frustrating as it is for the opponent.
    Elixir U still gives stunbreak, stab, quickness and vigor which could be just as useful (if not more) at times and wouldnt be as annoying to face.

  • Wait until you fight against Mirage and update this post please.

  • mrauls.6519mrauls.6519 Member ✭✭✭

    I see Holo nerfs coming sometime early 2019 at least. I've recently gotten better at playing it, but I won't complain!

    Twitch | YouTube

    Currently enjoying Holosmith.

  • Ario.8964Ario.8964 Member ✭✭✭

    @Noha.3749 said:
    I would like passive to trigger Elixir U instead of Elixir S.
    That shrink ruins so many combos from the engiplayer and is at times just as frustrating as it is for the opponent.
    Elixir U still gives stunbreak, stab, quickness and vigor which could be just as useful (if not more) at times and wouldnt be as annoying to face.

    And given that it's supposed to be a lesser elixer, they can reduce boon times or remove something like the quickness if it's deemed too strong. Much easier to balance around than a passive invuln.

    Insert impressive information about me that surprises you and earns respect.

  • Noha.3749Noha.3749 Member ✭✭✭

    idk though, ppl call so many professions "OP" and broken atm and it seems to shift from day to day what that is considered "more" op and not.

    Recently its been everything from Scourge/firebrand, condimirage, soulbeast, holosmith, spellbreakers, coreguardians, longbow ranger pew-pew, deadeyes, daredevils, weaver sustain, herald burst, reaper w quickness.

    Cant people settle with something? if everything is broken op in someway, isnt it perfectly balanced?
    The game is so altfriendly that everyone can play anything for a minimal loss, and if chosen profession isnt equally strong in a certain area but "op" in another you can just switch.

  • Suffice to say it's a bit better then Holosmith's invuln where they do nothing while under elixir.

    Yea of all the things to complain about with Holo, and it's Elixir S which hasn't been changed in... ever lol

  • @kodesh.2851 said:

    Suffice to say it's a bit better then Holosmith's invuln where they do nothing while under elixir.

    Yea of all the things to complain about with Holo, and it's Elixir S which hasn't been changed in... ever lol

    It was recently changed to ignore all damaging conditions. This nullifies the previous counter-play. I play guard though, so I don't really notice it.

    ~ God Tier Guardian

  • Ario.8964Ario.8964 Member ✭✭✭

    @Noha.3749 said:
    idk though, ppl call so many professions "OP" and broken atm and it seems to shift from day to day what that is considered "more" op and not.

    Recently its been everything from Scourge/firebrand, condimirage, soulbeast, holosmith, spellbreakers, coreguardians, longbow ranger pew-pew, deadeyes, daredevils, weaver sustain, herald burst, reaper w quickness.

    Cant people settle with something? if everything is broken op in someway, isnt it perfectly balanced?
    The game is so altfriendly that everyone can play anything for a minimal loss, and if chosen profession isnt equally strong in a certain area but "op" in another you can just switch.

    To answer your question: no. If everything is broken and OP then everything is broken and OP. Destroying game mechanics by introducing powercreeped specs doesn't achieve any sort of balance at all, it just creates an even more ridiculous clown fest of a game than what we already have. Balance is achieved by creating stability between different mechanical interactions. The reason so many things are seen as op is because they create major instability between those interactions. Holosmith for example, has a ton of damage and cc to offer a fight which on it's own isn't a problem, but their access to invuln and heavy healing (neither of which requires sacrificing much, if anything at all) allows them to survive for a time that allows their damage and cc to become too oppressive for the amount of safety built into their spec. This can be fixed by reducing damage and cc access, or by reducing the sustain and invuln access. Things like the lb ranger complaint come from the ability of the ranger to dish out more damage than many dedicated damage builds (I'm assuming in this case that the ranger in question is playing the 1 shot sb variant) from a considerably safer position than the other builds while also being able to have access to decent defensive ability (in this case what needs to be looked at is the amount of damage that can be output from that range, as the sustain of that spec is really quite low). Deadeye has incredible burst, a very safe playstyle that allows for very little counterplay, and access to long range bursts with little setup or telegraph (given that these bursts are from stealth). Herald's OH sword does absurd damage, requires little to no setup to land, and sacrifices very little in the long run as the ability to one shot removes the need to worry about sustaining through fights and thus covers rev's biggest weakness.

    That's just a few of the things mentioned but the point is the same for all of them. The specs seen as OP are the ones that are able to achieve high performance in areas like damage and sustain with very little sacrifice, skill requirement, or setup. Creating more of those just makes more messes, it does not create balance.

    Insert impressive information about me that surprises you and earns respect.

  • XECOR.2814XECOR.2814 Member ✭✭✭

    @Noha.3749 said:
    idk though, ppl call so many professions "OP" and broken atm and it seems to shift from day to day what that is considered "more" op and not.

    Recently its been everything from Scourge/firebrand, condimirage, soulbeast, holosmith, spellbreakers, coreguardians, longbow ranger pew-pew, deadeyes, daredevils, weaver sustain, herald burst, reaper w quickness.

    Cant people settle with something? if everything is broken op in someway, isnt it perfectly balanced?
    The game is so altfriendly that everyone can play anything for a minimal loss, and if chosen profession isnt equally strong in a certain area but "op" in another you can just switch.

    Mmorpg. I want to play A role. I dont want to play it as multiple roles for multiple scenarios. Also i dont want to be paper(necro) and holo being(scissor) that i always, automatically lose no matter the build, skill, terrain, cooldowns. Anet uderstands this and implents patches keeping this in mind. But thats not the case right now and thats why people are complaining. I just took an example of my class, there are many other examples from other classes too. Waiting for balance but without without much expectations.

  • Crinn.7864Crinn.7864 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Saharo Gravewind.5120 said:

    @Alatar.7364 said:

    @Saharo Gravewind.5120 said:
    Had an 80% health Holo do this to me last week, now I know he was cheating, but for everyone else at low health it makes sense. Thanks for explaining this to me.

    He could use the utility Elixir S and get bombed to 25% after or get the 25% passive proc - heal - utility Elixir S.

    Only the movement in this game is done Client side, that's why all the hacks in Gw are movement related and also why you couldn't have ever met anyone using hacks that would allow multiple Elixir S uses.
    You just need to understand the scenarios.

    Sorry, what does all hacks are movement related mean? That people cannot/don't hack other ways?

    Also, I never got him below the 80%, so I don't think it would have been triggering anything.

    Hacks can only affect movement because the server only trusts the client with player position. All your abilities and such are done by the server which makes them inaccessible to a client side hack.

    Sanity is for the weak minded
    YouTube

  • mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited 12:36AM

    @Crinn.7864 said:

    @Saharo Gravewind.5120 said:

    @Alatar.7364 said:

    @Saharo Gravewind.5120 said:
    Had an 80% health Holo do this to me last week, now I know he was cheating, but for everyone else at low health it makes sense. Thanks for explaining this to me.

    He could use the utility Elixir S and get bombed to 25% after or get the 25% passive proc - heal - utility Elixir S.

    Only the movement in this game is done Client side, that's why all the hacks in Gw are movement related and also why you couldn't have ever met anyone using hacks that would allow multiple Elixir S uses.
    You just need to understand the scenarios.

    Sorry, what does all hacks are movement related mean? That people cannot/don't hack other ways?

    Also, I never got him below the 80%, so I don't think it would have been triggering anything.

    Hacks can only affect movement because the server only trusts the client with player position. All your abilities and such are done by the server which makes them inaccessible to a client side hack.

    But what if someone is such a good hacker they can hack the server too?!

    What do you do if he's in your game?!

    The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion.

  • cptaylor.2670cptaylor.2670 Member ✭✭✭

    Don't worry, if you manage to get them down during those brief windows without elixir and they aren't stealthed, they'll just chain knockback and knockdown while spamming holo-mode abilities that crit you for half your health. Oh, and spam their toolbelt skills for more passive damage.

  • Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Are people still whining about this thing that has been in the game for several years now?

    Sigh.

    The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

  • mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vagrant.7206 said:
    Are people still whining about this thing that has been in the game for several years now?

    Sigh.

    People have whined about autosaves since they were implemented. And for good reason. They make sense in WvW where it's big zerg verses zerg and there is huge damage, huge heals, and huge rezes going on between both sides and individual snap moment to moment gameplay is less important. But in SPvP stuff like Auto S, Auto Endure Pain, and Lightning Reflexes should never have been added.

    The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion.

  • Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @mortrialus.3062 said:

    @Vagrant.7206 said:
    Are people still whining about this thing that has been in the game for several years now?

    Sigh.

    People have whined about autosaves since they were implemented. And for good reason. They make sense in WvW where it's big zerg verses zerg and there is huge damage, huge heals, and huge rezes going on between both sides and individual snap moment to moment gameplay is less important. But in SPvP stuff like Auto S, Auto Endure Pain, and Lightning Reflexes should never have been added.

    That's easy to say if you play a class with teleports and bursts like mirage or thief. Besides necro, engineer has one of the lowest mobilities in the game.

    The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

  • mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vagrant.7206 said:

    @mortrialus.3062 said:

    @Vagrant.7206 said:
    Are people still whining about this thing that has been in the game for several years now?

    Sigh.

    People have whined about autosaves since they were implemented. And for good reason. They make sense in WvW where it's big zerg verses zerg and there is huge damage, huge heals, and huge rezes going on between both sides and individual snap moment to moment gameplay is less important. But in SPvP stuff like Auto S, Auto Endure Pain, and Lightning Reflexes should never have been added.

    That's easy to say if you play a class with teleports and bursts like mirage or thief. Besides necro, engineer has one of the lowest mobilities in the game.

    Necro? Sure but Auto spectral armor is about the least offensive of all of this abilities.

    Holosmith on the other hand have plenty of disengage at the moment between permanent swiftness, Holo Leap which is 600 unit movement skill on a 2 second cooldown that provides even more swiftness, near permanent stability up time to avoid being CC'd while disengaging, Heal Turrent which is the best heal skill in the game which cleanses conditions, lots of free condition conversions in traits, , rifle 5, Utility Elixir S, stealth with Toolbelt Elixir S, and finally auto Elixir S, Engineer is not hurting on disengage. At all.

    The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion.

  • Tiah.3091Tiah.3091 Member ✭✭✭

    @Vagrant.7206 said:

    @mortrialus.3062 said:

    @Vagrant.7206 said:
    Are people still whining about this thing that has been in the game for several years now?

    Sigh.

    People have whined about autosaves since they were implemented. And for good reason. They make sense in WvW where it's big zerg verses zerg and there is huge damage, huge heals, and huge rezes going on between both sides and individual snap moment to moment gameplay is less important. But in SPvP stuff like Auto S, Auto Endure Pain, and Lightning Reflexes should never have been added.

    That's easy to say if you play a class with teleports and bursts like mirage or thief. Besides necro, engineer has one of the lowest mobilities in the game.

    Engi has what again?
    2s cooldiwn on 600 units dash (Holo Leap ) with added 4k crits. Rocket Jump built in into rifle kit - 800 units vertical jump, 18s cd, added 7k crits.

    Much low mobility, very hypocrisy, yes.


    There are 3 absurdly broken specs in spvp right now: Spellbreaker, Boonbeast and Holo.
    Hard to say which one is more broken, but it's quite obvious, that Holo is the most popular of them.

  • Koen.1327Koen.1327 Member ✭✭

    @Tiah.3091 said:

    @Vagrant.7206 said:

    @mortrialus.3062 said:

    @Vagrant.7206 said:
    Are people still whining about this thing that has been in the game for several years now?

    Sigh.

    People have whined about autosaves since they were implemented. And for good reason. They make sense in WvW where it's big zerg verses zerg and there is huge damage, huge heals, and huge rezes going on between both sides and individual snap moment to moment gameplay is less important. But in SPvP stuff like Auto S, Auto Endure Pain, and Lightning Reflexes should never have been added.

    That's easy to say if you play a class with teleports and bursts like mirage or thief. Besides necro, engineer has one of the lowest mobilities in the game.

    Engi has what again?
    2s cooldiwn on 600 units dash (Holo Leap ) with added 4k crits. Rocket Jump built in into rifle kit - 800 units vertical jump, 18s cd, added 7k crits.

    Much low mobility, very hypocrisy, yes.


    There are 3 absurdly broken specs in spvp right now: Spellbreaker, Boonbeast and Holo.
    Hard to say which one is more broken, but it's quite obvious, that Holo is the most popular of them.

    holo leap is 450 distance and moves the same speed as ooc swiftness, rifle 5 is nice but that's it, nobody uses rocket boots
    for its role, engi has the worst mobility expect ele duelist pretty much

  • AngelLovesFredrik.6741AngelLovesFredrik.6741 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vagrant.7206 said:

    @mortrialus.3062 said:

    @Vagrant.7206 said:
    Are people still whining about this thing that has been in the game for several years now?

    Sigh.

    People have whined about autosaves since they were implemented. And for good reason. They make sense in WvW where it's big zerg verses zerg and there is huge damage, huge heals, and huge rezes going on between both sides and individual snap moment to moment gameplay is less important. But in SPvP stuff like Auto S, Auto Endure Pain, and Lightning Reflexes should never have been added.

    That's easy to say if you play a class with teleports and bursts like mirage or thief. Besides necro, engineer has one of the lowest mobilities in the game.

    Guardian has far lower mobility than engineer. We are even forced into movespeed runes since HoT.

    ~ God Tier Guardian

<1
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.