Can we get another Dragon's Stand for Kralk?

Ruufio.1496

Seriously, Dragon's Stand was/still is the mot epic thing GW2 has ever seen. All of the pre build up hype before the expansion, the battle through all of the equally awesome meta events in the other maps (tangled depths, etc.) to the intense meta event before even getting to mordremoth to finally exiting the cave into this massive, awesome fight-scape with TONS of other players (better than raids) and queue the most perfect soundtrack for the fight.

Can we get this again for Kralk?

In PoF I did the story and never did anything else. I think I tried some meta event with having to CC some things that was bugged for a while or something and never could finish it. I still return to maguuma but never the path of fire maps. The huge map meta events are so much more epic.

I feel like that would be the epic ending that we need. It would also be cool to see what technical shenanigans they could add, though I guess the new Shatterer is as far as we will go in terms of big fights in open world.

Wouldn't really mesh with the living world releases though, unless its a meta that completely transforms the map, or has its own separate (HUGE!) part of it that you can only enter during it.

Please no, not another Dragon's Stand. It deserves to stand on its own as a one of a kind encounter.

I'm not going to say 'no' to the idea of a big group fight (though I don't like them), but it shouldn't be an attempt at Dragon's Stand 2.0. It would need to be its own thing, built from the ground up.

To be honest.. this would not work for Kralkatorrik for many reasons.

For starters Mordremoth was split into two different encounters, Open world and Story with both encounters acting like a syncronized attack.One taking place on his physical form, the other attacking his mind directly.

This would be very difficult to replicate for Kralkatorrik because we can't split the story and open world content in the same way.. and even if we did it would pretty much make all the Dragon Battles more or less just clones of the Dragon Stand Meta which probably would annoy a lot of people in the end.Adding to this that physically Mordremoth and Kralkatorrik are very.. VERY different dragons.. with very different forms.Mordremoth was essentially a collosal sized mass of vines emanating from a singular point.. basically a heart or seed which I also believe was his brain as well. The serpent Mouth that we fight in Tangled Depths was probably one of millions.. Seriously, Mordremoth was absolutely collossal in size.. we're talking the entire Magumma Region at least.. and every vine and tendril we see in the Shiverpeaks and Ascalon was part of his physical body.. He was seriously that big!

Kralkatorrik on the other hand is much, much smaller than Mordremoth overall.. but he has the luxury of having a mobile Dragon form which allows him to roam the world freely.He may be smaller but he is still quite literally a walking/flying mountain.. and compared to the Mouth of Mordremoth alone, Kralkatorrik dwarfs it.Just getting Kralkatorrik on screen is going to be one hell of a challenge.. he's just too damn big to fight the same way as Mordremoth.I honestly expect that a direct confrontation with Kralkatorrik will likely be more like the Battle with Zhaitan just hell of a lot better.Us dealing with his minions mostly while we defend large canons etc that will stun him and give Aurine or something an opening to nuke him.I believe this will also be done as Story content too.. as much as I'd love for all the Dragons to be done in the open world there's just far too many problems with organizing maps etc and people having their story progress locked due to a huge meta event they just can't get done is something Anet actively try to avoid doing.

Aww plz god no.... no more ground maze-type map!! But I'm all for a full-sky map, with several floating islands, giant rifts, with some phases with dense white fogs like we are entering the mist, just like mist steps in the Norn personal story. Where we have to defeat rift stalkers and prevent kralk head to enter our dimension. With everything we have: laser cannons, airships, DERVs, charr artillery. Would be EPIC, for me. DS feels clunky for me, towers are annoying. Final fight against mordremoth vine head is cool. Also pre-event to regroup allies is okay but not exploited at the maximum.So more in zhaitan style.

@hugo.4705 said:Aww plz god no.... no more ground maze-type map!! But I'm all for a full-sky map, with several floating islands, giant rifts, with some phases with dense white fogs like we are entering the mist, just like mist steps in the Norn personal story. Where we have to defeat rift stalkers and prevent kralk head to enter our dimension. With everything we have: laser cannons, airships, DERVs, charr artillery. Would be EPIC, for me. DS feels clunky for me, towers are annoying. Final fight against mordremoth vine head is cool. Also pre-event to regroup allies is okay but not exploited at the maximum.So more in zhaitan style.

DS is not a maze by any means..

I like DS but map wide metas requiring group finder is not ideal. I think AB and VB meta system works much better.

DS can be a lot of fun if you get into a populated and organized map. DS can be very frustrating if you fail to get into a map like that, either because it's down time and not enough players are around, or else the one map instance that is running is full and you can't get in. If that style of map dedicated to one big event was used again, I think it could be a lot of fun, but hopefully the frustrations with DS could be lessons learned and avoided.

Archived