Best runes at the moment.

Silv.1723

As the title says. What are the best runes atm for sword dagger core thief for wvw? I am using scholar at the moment...but with the current damage in game is hard to stay at 90% most of the cases. Maybe pack or strength? What are you guys using?Thank you in advance for your help.

I did some math time ago (before the rune/sigil revamp), between the runes of the spellbreaker, ogre, pack, eagle and exuberance (not scholar because for me was also hard to stay always above the 90%; although now the loss is "only" the 5% of dmg, so they might be a good choice as well.)comparisonNote that I didn't actually try them on the golem, that's just some math done using the build editor and calculating the damage of the normal hits + the % of crit (with their corresponding ferocity). I didn't consider additional bonuses (like fury or might) that you might have on you.

I'm using speed for sword builds at the moment, I'm running deadeye tho so the damage loss is made up for with traits and the extra move speed is pretty nice.

With the introduction of celerity sigil and changes to pack runes and rage sigil so the boons are reliably applied, I reckon you could use them with lesser haste over thrill of the crime to make a quickness burst build on core.

"For wvw, I am using eagles now since the extra +125 ferocity and 10% more damage. Combo with Executioner and bloodlust on short bow to make up the lack of power." Eagle looks interesting. As you said paired with Executioner you get 30%. I will give them a go. At the moment i use strength runes with strength sigil and might food. I get a really high up-time on might and 175 power. For the long fights they are really good. But yeah..eagle gets you the 30% plus the precision and ferocity. For me is between this two. Scholar is nice for the opening burst..but with all the mesmers, soulbeast doing tones of damage is really difficult to keep the 90%.

Archived