FB Support + Fractals, is it possible?

lagrimabendita.8763

Of course it's possible. Would it be acceptable in LFG is the question, and that's impossible to answer with any certainty, but I would guess you will get resistance from at least some groups.

If I was in an group 4/5 LF Chrono and a FB showed up, I'd at least give it a chance. When I'm looking for a healer, my group description says "LF heals", not specifically Druid. I'm fine to run with any healing-focused profession, but frankly of the last 100 LFG groups I've run in, at least 98 of them had Druids doing the healing. (the other 2 groups 1 was FB, the other was Necro)

Its completely viable, to be honest Fractals is easy once you get used to it, so as long as all the team knows what to do, fractals can go very smoothly even with offmeta builds.I run them with guildies, I do it daily with a FB support and it works wonderful, he may not have other boons like might but we rarely ever wipe and we usually do full clears (T4s + CMs) in about 45 min, also FB is specially strong agains Arkk since he can reflect his pink balls with one skill I dont remember how its called (an AoE dome), so the margin of error against failing that mechanic is increased considerably.

Heck, we have even ran FB + Rev support comp.

Its great, its more than doable.

Only problem is that people are very much accustomed to druid+chrono combo and most LFGs are asking for druid. And for me that is the reason why I stopped playing support/healer FB. More experienced players and groups can survive with bare minimum of healing and druid brings might which increases dps of the group. FB works great with revenant but I see revenants in game only every other year.

Unfortunately thats just the way the cookie crumbles. Guard+Revenant are very viable for support but for other reasons chrono+druid is prevailing option.

+stab + wall/bubble + fury

• Strong regen : regen + W o P + battle presence. + Strong heals too : Merciful Intervention, Shield #5, dodges, and F2 tomes if you mess up. But Aegis is already very strong against a lot of bosses mechanics.You don't have alacrity, but in short fights, short phases / burst scenario, is it REALLY necessary ? You don't have frost spirit, nor GoE, but aegis, better heals, better regen AND you have a free slot for a DPS. And a good package of others tools.

Edit: I run FB support often in fractals, and to be honest it's usually better than chrono/druid. I argue my case.Chrono + PS war/spb + 3 DPS is the "pro speedrunners" compo.But you're a PU, you want a healer druid ? You lose 30% of your dps. You take Fb instead of chrono+druid, you don't lose 30% (may be ~5% in a burst). Quick math, raw sauce.The blunder : mantras are a bit awkwards; radius-range ... you need to stand behind your allies, and they need to pack, to be in your symbols ... a bit complicated with free electrons or "Social awkwardness"

@"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:+stab + wall/bubble + fury

• Strong regen : regen + W o P + battle presence. + Strong heals too : Merciful Intervention, Shield #5, dodges, and F2 tomes if you mess up. But Aegis is already very strong against a lot of bosses mechanics.You don't have alacrity, but in short fights, short phases / burst scenario, is it REALLY necessary ? You don't have frost spirit, nor GoE, but aegis, better heals, better regen AND you have a free slot for a DPS. And a good package of others tools.

Edit: I run FB support often in fractals, and to be honest it's usually better than chrono/druid. I argue my case.Chrono + PS war/spb + 3 DPS is the "pro speedrunners" compo.But you're a PU, you want a healer druid ? You lose 30% of your dps. You take Fb instead of chrono+druid, you don't lose 30% (may be ~5% in a burst). Quick math, raw sauce.The blunder : mantras are a bit awkwards; radius-range ... you need to stand behind your allies, and they need to pack, to be in your symbols ... a bit complicated with free electrons or "Social awkwardness"

"Free electrons"....LOL :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived