Please make the 2v2 a permanent unranked mode in SPVP

emblack.3754

@LaFurion.3167 said:No, please make a permanent 2v2 arena queue, separate to spvp like everybody has been asking.

Then continue to spend time and money developing this area of the game and it will thrive and bring in tonnes of players :D

At this point, after all the hype they been shoveling, i don't understand WHY it's not either both a thing yet?Like really?

They already said no tdm que will be made. Sadly tdm the one and only hope for a competitive gw2 pvp will never get a chance. Lol the deal is if tdm works and brings people back and makes the game competitive finally. Then all the years of time worked on circlequest will have been wasted time.

Convert them all to tdm maps and let's move on.

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:They already said no tdm que will be made. Sadly tdm the one and only hope for a competitive gw2 pvp will never get a chance. Lol the deal is if tdm works and brings people back and makes the game competitive finally. Then all the years of time worked on circlequest will have been wasted time.

You mean team deathmatch right? I have no idea why this isn't a thing again? We had Random Arenas and Team Arenas in GW1 (actually we had so much pvp variety there it's always unfair to compare, but anyway), and they were perfectly fit for all kinds of players to play both competitively and just for whacking around without reason. A mode about capping points being the main thing always seemed strange to me but I never thought much about it.

And yes as you said every map we already have would literally already be amazing deathmatch maps with a death toll count instead of a capping point count.

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:They already said no tdm que will be made. Sadly tdm the one and only hope for a competitive gw2 pvp will never get a chance. Lol the deal is if tdm works and brings people back and makes the game competitive finally. Then all the years of time worked on circlequest will have been wasted time.

If there's enough demand and hype it can happen. Yeah stronghold was a flop, but it should still be comparatively easy to add an extra check in unranked queuing for 2v2s the way we have an option to queue stronghold. And 2v2's has more active buzz about it than it ever felt like stronghold did.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@"Ziggityzog.7389" said:They already said no tdm que will be made. Sadly tdm the one and only hope for a competitive gw2 pvp will never get a chance. Lol the deal is if tdm works and brings people back and makes the game competitive finally. Then all the years of time worked on circlequest will have been wasted time.

If there's enough demand and hype it can happen. Yeah stronghold was a flop, but it should still be comparatively easy to add an extra check in unranked queuing for 2v2s the way we have an option to queue stronghold. And 2v2's has more active buzz about it than it ever felt like stronghold did.

Sadly you need to realize what the community wants is never what it gets. TDM is ment to die off and never work hince why there has been a 5v5 tdm and now 2 2v2 tdm maps and still no que button for it all. The first 2v2 map was map liked then forgotten because it could only be played in hot join. Next another 2v2 map and only hot join where it can go to die. The 2v2 tourney is the only hope of showing that its a more skill based game mode then dancing around little circles. Then we might... get a TDM que but still no hope in my view. Heck we were supposed to only have duo teams for a "test" season lol. never got a second vote on if we wanted to keep duo after season 5.

Like I've said before if i finally had the options of TDM SH or conq then i'd give up my 3 or so years of just Stronghold because i gave up on the wintrade wars in ranked around season 7. I'd only play in the TDM que with the 3 maps available.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/58e36s/solo_and_duo_queue_only_for_season_5/

When they add on-demant AT, they should add a separate Tournament for all game modes (Coquest, 2v2, Stronghold(?)). If enough teams join the queue, it should trigger a tournament (it can even be the 3 at the same time). I still don't understand the whole ordeal of "Special Tournaments", They should let us have fun however we want and use Special Tournaments for customized battles, like no elite specs tournamnets, instant die tournamnets,etc

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:

Sadly you need to realize what the community wants is never what it gets. TDM is ment to die off and never work hince why there has been a 5v5 tdm and now 2 2v2 tdm maps and still no que button for it all. The first 2v2 map was map liked then forgotten because it could only be played in hot join. Next another 2v2 map and only hot join where it can go to die. The 2v2 tourney is the only hope of showing that its a more skill based game mode then dancing around little circles. Then we might... get a TDM que but still no hope in my view. Heck we were supposed to only have duo teams for a "test" season lol. never got a second vote on if we wanted to keep duo after season 5.

Like I've said before if i finally had the options of TDM SH or conq then i'd give up my 3 or so years of just Stronghold because i gave up on the wintrade wars in ranked around season 7. I'd only play in the TDM que with the 3 maps available.

Literally 90% of the forum posts in the PvP forum are demands to delete mesmer. Requests need to be a bit more reasonable than that.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Literally 90% of the forum posts in the PvP forum are demands to delete mesmer. Requests need to be a bit more reasonable than that.

That's a bit off topic but while we're on the subject people are not requesting the removal of the mesmer profession just to tone it down a little. Actually it kinda relates to this topic in the sense that it's a required measure to improve the state of PVP that is not taken into account. Kind of like TDM... But let's say TDM - and by this I mean 5v5 - can't be implemented due to the large resources required. 2v2 is much easier to implement, I think, and will bring A LOT of players back to the game. That's not unreasonable...

Archived