Downloaded the game

obcan.1470

Well ele is mostly a dead class. Ppl who keep playing it in there bubbles are only harming ppl who dont have these bubbles to play in. The only way anet is going to fix the class is to have its population % fall by a lot and actively talking about it on the forms and at every chase you can interact with anet.

It's a high-risk high-reward class and it's, imo, really well balanced right now if you have the aptitude to play it properly. A lot of the nay-sayers are just people who have either never played ele or have never had the aptitude to play it effectively. Every game should have a class like that.

@"SoulSlavocracy.4902" said:It's a high-risk high-reward class and it's, imo, really well balanced right now if you have the aptitude to play it properly. A lot of the nay-sayers are just people who have either never played ele or have never had the aptitude to play it effectively. Every game should have a class like that.

It would be balanced if there weren't no risk no effort 20k crit builds or top dps benchmark autoattack spam builds.

@"SoulSlavocracy.4902" said:It's a high-risk high-reward class and it's, imo, really well balanced right now if you have the aptitude to play it properly. A lot of the nay-sayers are just people who have either never played ele or have never had the aptitude to play it effectively. Every game should have a class like that.

That thf in most games where you must set up landing big hits. Mages in games are dependent on there tanks to hold hate from mobs a kind of threat vs dmg risk. Taking hits is not part of that risk for mages classes as one hit should be death.

GW2 just dose not fit that type of game play one bit.

@Jski.6180 said:Well ele is mostly a dead class. Ppl who keep playing it in there bubbles are only harming ppl who dont have these bubbles to play in. The only way anet is going to fix the class is to have its population % fall by a lot and actively talking about it on the forms and at every chase you can interact with anet.

I don't know of any game where an idea like this has worked. An active and passionate player base has just as much chance, if not more, to move a company to fix things than one that has given up entirely. Plus, why should people stop playing something they like because other people said so?

I wouldn't go that far. Elementalist could stand to have some improvements that would make the play experience better and the risks more rewarding. That isn't to say that the difficulty level should be changed, just that things like damage and health can be improved.

@Jski.6180 said:

That thf in most games where you must set up landing big hits. Mages in games are dependent on there tanks to hold hate from mobs a kind of threat vs dmg risk. Taking hits is not part of that risk for mages classes as one hit should be death.

I like the fact that Guild Wars doesn't copy other games. A faction in a game that dies in one hit and has no level of self-sustain is something that not everyone agrees with. Just look at some of the arguments over Elementalist and the request for more HP so that they are not as squishy and can survive more hits. Being one shotted sucks for a lot of folks.

@Dace.8173 said:

@Jski.6180 said:Well ele is mostly a dead class. Ppl who keep playing it in there bubbles are only harming ppl who dont have these bubbles to play in. The only way anet is going to fix the class is to have its population % fall by a lot and actively talking about it on the forms and at every chase you can interact with anet.

I don't know of any game where an idea like this has worked. An active and passionate player base has just as much chance, if not more, to move a company to fix things than one that has given up entirely. Plus, why should people stop playing something they like because other people said so?

They look at the numbers a lot when it comes to balancing and priority to fixing problems.

I like the fact that Guild Wars doesn't copy other games. A faction in a game that dies in one hit and has no level of self-sustain is something that not everyone agrees with. Just look at some of the arguments over Elementalist and the request for more HP so that they are not as squishy and can survive more hits. Being one shotted sucks for a lot of folks.

GW2 when it first came out was a non class defing game but HOT and POF brought classes defining elite spec. In a way gw2 dose not act like gw2 any more its trying to act like other games but because of the base of the game was not made that way it dose not fit.

@Jski.6180 said:They look at the numbers a lot when it comes to balancing and priority to fixing problems.

Yes, they look at the numbers and take that into consideration but they don't balance 100% based on which group has the smallest amount of active players. If that were the case Revenant would be a lot stronger than it currently is. Correlation is not causation. The fact that people don't play something does not inherently mean something is wrong with it in terms of mechanical game balance.

You'll get better results if you just engage with them in constructive conversations than you would trying to manipulate them by not playing the game. Besides, I love my Weaver and I have no intention of stop playing her to support a plan I do not see as working on any level. I have a feeling that others would agree with me.

@Jski.6180 said:GW2 when it first came out was a non class defing game but HOT and POF brought classes defining elite spec. In a way gw2 dose not act like gw2 any more its trying to act like other games but because of the base of the game was not made that way it dose not fit.

It still delivers a different play experience than other games. Also, there is no problem with what the Elites do as they are more or less a very focused play experience. A person who plays Druid because they want to engage in healing does not negate the class nature of Ranger.

You spelled high risk high effort and no reward class wrong.

@obcan.1470 said:You spelled high risk high effort and no reward class wrong.In PvE when I run sword/dagger with a few valkyrie trinkets which only amounts to a small dps decrease by losing about 5% precision, and have access to 2 dodges and 4 evade skills (17k healthpool with minor weaver trait) while dealing meta damage and often am one of the last to go down in t4s, I definitely do not feel rewarded. The point of t4 fractals is to play full ministrel thiefs and deal zero damage, everyone knows that.

In WvW, when I eruption>pyroclastic blast>lava font>meteor shower>arcane wave>FGS for damage boost and then make an attempt at FGS5 in the direction they are headed followed by quickly lightning flashing away to decrease the initial risk and watch their 20-man group's front/midline break down completely as the rest of our zerg gradually starts rolling their bomb in and I continue mine. . . I definitely do not get a sense of reward. Why would literally winning fights give me a sense of reward? The point of this game is clearly to win fights by playing ministrel thief, not dealing ridiculous damage from a safe distance.

@"SoulSlavocracy.4902" said:

@obcan.1470 said:You spelled high risk high effort and no reward class wrong.In PvE when I run sword/dagger with a few valkyrie trinkets which only amounts to a small dps decrease by losing about 5% precision, and have access to 2 dodges and 4 evade skills (17k healthpool with minor weaver trait) while dealing meta damage

First of all, If I find out that thief or ele in my party has more than 11k300 hp, he gets kicked, second of all if you think what you do is meta damage, boi your standarts are low

and often am one of the last to go down in t4s, I definitely do not feel rewarded. The point of t4 fractals is to play full ministrel thiefs and deal zero damage, everyone knows that.

Dying last in fractals as ele is either skill on your side or skill on your healers side. You have 17k hp and actually swap water. Amd you are not convincing me that you deal meta amounts of damage when you swap to water.

In WvW, when I eruption>pyroclastic blast>lava font>meteor shower>arcane wave>FGS for damage boost and then make an attempt at FGS5 in the direction they are headed followed by quickly lightning flashing away to decrease the initial risk and watch their 20-man group's front/midline break down completely as the rest of our zerg gradually starts rolling their bomb in and I continue mine. . . I definitely do not get a sense of reward. Why would literally winning fights give me a sense of reward? The point of this game is clearly to win fights by playing ministrel thief, not dealing ridiculous damage from a safe distance.

Wvw does NOT MATTER. At least not to players that played better open pvp games or players that focus on PvE. But I am gona throw in my two cents because I actually played Wvw. If your server sucks in Wvw and you get matched with equally as thrash Wvw servers, playing ele is worth in solo/small team play. If your server ranks high then playing DPS staff is worth it. However there are better classes for both of these scenarios. Thief is much better for solo, warrior for small groups and ranger for Zergs. And please dont come back with that jack of all trades bullshit. Yeah ele can carry 3 different armor sets and be decent healer/dps/duelist. The point is that he is decent AT BEST. With SSD I will load my fully geared Thief onto map faster than you swap your gear. Even if you use gear swap addon.

And I can do same for any other part of the game. Raids needs huge clear? Log into my ele. Need reliable DPS? Log my thief. Need healer? LOG MY RANGER. There is literally no point in playing ele, no point in getting carpal tunnel when other classes are optimal at what ele does with significantly less effort. The sole reason to play ele anymore are animations because honestly no other class matches such beautiful combinations. Is it worth the carpal tunnel? Not for me anymore.

@obcan.1470 said:

@obcan.1470 said:You spelled high risk high effort and no reward class wrong.In PvE when I run sword/dagger with a few valkyrie trinkets which only amounts to a small dps decrease by losing about 5% precision, and have access to 2 dodges and 4 evade skills (17k healthpool with minor weaver trait) while dealing meta damage

First of all, If I find out that thief or ele in my party has more than 11k300 hp, he gets kicked, second of all if you think what you do is meta damage, boi your standarts are low

and often am one of the
last
to go down in t4s, I definitely do not feel rewarded. The point of t4 fractals is to play full ministrel thiefs and deal zero damage, everyone knows that.

Dying last in fractals as ele is either skill on your side or skill on your healers side. You have 17k hp and actually swap water. Amd you are not convincing me that you deal meta amounts of damage when you swap to water.

In WvW, when I eruption>pyroclastic blast>lava font>meteor shower>arcane wave>FGS for damage boost and then make an attempt at FGS5 in the direction they are headed followed by quickly lightning flashing away to decrease the initial risk
and watch their 20-man group's front/midline break down completely
as the rest of our zerg gradually starts rolling their bomb in and I continue mine. . . I definitely do not get a sense of reward. Why would literally winning fights give me a sense of reward? The point of this game is clearly to win fights by playing ministrel thief, not dealing ridiculous damage from a safe distance.

Wvw does NOT MATTER. At least not to players that played better open pvp games or players that focus on PvE. But I am gona throw in my two cents because I actually played Wvw. If your server sucks in Wvw and you get matched with equally as thrash Wvw servers, playing ele is worth in solo/small team play. If your server ranks high then playing DPS staff is worth it. However there are better classes for both of these scenarios. Thief is much better for solo, warrior for small groups and ranger for Zergs. And please dont come back with that jack of all trades kitten. Yeah ele can carry 3 different armor sets and be decent healer/dps/duelist. The point is that he is decent AT BEST. With SSD I will load my fully geared Thief onto map faster than you swap your gear. Even if you use gear swap addon.

And I can do same for any other part of the game. Raids needs huge clear? Log into my ele. Need reliable DPS? Log my thief. Need healer? LOG MY RANGER. There is literally no point in playing ele, no point in getting carpal tunnel when other classes are optimal at what ele does with significantly less effort. The sole reason to play ele anymore are animations because honestly no other class matches such beautiful combinations. Is it worth the carpal tunnel? Not for me anymore.

Kicking a profession for giving room for mistakes sound like a part of the problem in my ears :)I mean if anything join a guild and run with them :)They would probably be fine with having a none meta profession with them.And still agree that Elementalist need some work.

@Phoenix the One.4071 said:Kicking a profession for giving room for mistakes sound like a part of the problem in my ears :)I mean if anything join a guild and run with them :)They would probably be fine with having a none meta profession with them.And still agree that Elementalist need some work.

I dont kick professions, I kick players. When I want 100+99cm runs with 250 kill proofs, I am not expecting mistakes. Yeah you can fuck it up and die thats completely fine everyone makes mistakes. However If I could duo all encounters with just mesmer, then noone needs +vitality. Wanna learn how to run it ? Cool, join the training runs. I however ran this at least 100 times and I am here to get it done in less than hour.

@obcan.1470 said:

@Phoenix the One.4071 said:Kicking a profession for giving room for mistakes sound like a part of the problem in my ears :)I mean if anything join a guild and run with them :)They would probably be fine with having a none meta profession with them.And still agree that Elementalist need some work.

I dont kick professions, I kick players. When I want 100+99cm runs with 250 kill proofs, I am not expecting mistakes. Yeah you can kitten it up and die thats completely fine everyone makes mistakes. However If I could duo all encounters with just mesmer, then noone needs +vitality. Wanna learn how to run it ? Cool, join the training runs. I however ran this at least 100 times and I am here to get it done in less than hour.

Ohhh I see :0 isn’t it easier just to do guildruns then (even though they can end up failing badly due to trolling and having fun forgetting to focus :b )Btw what would change would you make to the elementalist if you could do whatever you wanted?Just add higher numbers or more focused builds?

@Phoenix the One.4071 said:Ohhh I see :0 isn’t it easier just to do guildruns then (even though they can end up failing badly due to trolling and having fun forgetting to focus :b )Btw what would change would you make to the elementalist if you could do whatever you wanted?Just add higher numbers or more focused builds?

Since I am not member of active guild (everyone quit, go figure) guild runs are out of question.

I would either dumb down the kit to match thief so the effort to reward ratio will be the same, or I would increase DPS on ele to its proper values. There is no reason for ele that has 64 step dps rotation before the chain resets, with lowest armor and hp pool in the game, to not be best at anything. I literally wouldnt mid if ele became the best support in the game, I would play it. Because I would get rewarded for the effort I put in. Right now, the 99 percentile of ele players are as good as average thief in terms of dps. Their healing is among the best, however offers no other support than that so why pick it over ranger? Its buffs do not exist, noone needs auras in PvE. Logically best way to make ele worth playing again would be making it proper dps class it was.

Jack of all trades simply doesnt work in speed runs and high level content. Not with the current combat system and current support capabilities of mesmer and ranger.

@obcan.1470 said:

@Phoenix the One.4071 said:Ohhh I see :0 isn’t it easier just to do guildruns then (even though they can end up failing badly due to trolling and having fun forgetting to focus :b )Btw what would change would you make to the elementalist if you could do whatever you wanted?Just add higher numbers or more focused builds?

Since I am not member of active guild (everyone quit, go figure) guild runs are out of question.

I would either dumb down the kit to match thief so the effort to reward ratio will be the same, or I would increase DPS on ele to its proper values. There is no reason for ele that has 64 step dps rotation before the chain resets, with lowest armor and hp pool in the game, to not be best at anything. I literally wouldnt mid if ele became the best support in the game, I would play it. Because I would get rewarded for the effort I put in. Right now, the 99 percentile of ele players are as good as average thief in terms of dps. Their healing is among the best, however offers no other support than that so why pick it over ranger? Its buffs do not exist, noone needs auras in PvE. Logically best way to make ele worth playing again would be making it proper dps class it was.

Jack of all trades simply doesnt work in speed runs and high level content. Not with the current combat system and current support capabilities of mesmer and ranger.

I think most people agree with you on your suggestions there :)

@"obcan.1470" said:First of all, If I find out that thief or ele in my party has more than 11k300 hp, he gets kicked, second of all if you think what you do is meta damage, boi your standarts are low

grats, you make poor decisions based on knee-jerk emotions derived from a lack of understanding. impressive. If you can't do the very basic math of "precision: -5%, every other stat: exactly the same", "damage: top in squad" then good luck, I'm serious, good luck. I'll enjoy doing my t4s much faster with people who actually know what they're doing lol

Wvw does NOT MATTER.

:'D This is where I couldn't help but laugh. You can find the snowcrows dps rotation here: https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/elementalist/weaver/sword/If you're NOT using water attunement you're not dealing meta damage. Congrats, not only are you BMing someone who actually knows what they're talking about, but you're openly advertising your own ignorance. applause

The idea was that you can halt your rotation if kitten hits the fan -- which may be some entirely other person's fault, mind you, let's not assume every error has to be the player who is compensating to the error made, to use sustain skills that are easily available and have a forgiving effect on your DPS overall, especially in longer fights. This is of course an offensive notion to you because, why wouldn't it be, you come off as likely being toxic af

And "WvW does not matter" yeah neither does any other part of this game because it's a video game, get real. WvW is the best part of this game lol. And I can't believe you suggested ranger over weaver for zergs :'D my goodness man ... have you ever played WvW at all? Really, let's all just roll rangers to win fights :'D

@"obcan.1470" said:First of all, If I find out that thief or ele in my party has more than 11k300 hp, he gets kicked, second of all if you think what you do is meta damage, boi your standarts are low

grats, you make poor decisions based on knee-jerk emotions derived from a lack of understanding. impressive. If you can't do the very basic math of "precision: -5%, every other stat: exactly the same", "damage: top in squad" then good luck, I'm serious, good luck. I'll enjoy doing my t4s much faster with people who actually know what they're doing lol

Every other stat? Really now? Even your Ferocity? Because I am quite sure that there is one fucking reason why you are supposed to play full zerk. Also please tell me how your much faster t4s go please tell me about it. PLEASE DO.

Wvw does NOT MATTER.

:'D This is where I couldn't help but laugh. You can find the snowcrows dps rotation here:

"Sword Weaver is not very beginner friendly due to the fast paced rotation and requirement to count auto attacks." Do you see the issue here? No? Want me to explain to you why you cant autoattack when you spin away? Want me to explain what that means? it means THAT YOU DONT SWAP TO WATER RANDOMLY. You literally swap to it when EVERYTHING ELSE IS ON COOLDOWN. And that is assuming that you are using fresh air. If you arent using fresh air but bolt to heart. YOU DONT SWAP WATER.

If you're NOT using water attunement you're not dealing meta damage. Congrats, not only are you BMing someone who actually knows what they're talking about, but you're openly advertising your own ignorance. applause

You are using water attunement for a SINGLE SPELL. SINGLE. Not only that, you have to swap to water from fire, otherwise you dont have access to that single spell. If you swap to water from any other element. you fucked up your rotation.

The idea was that you can halt your rotation if kitten hits the fan

cant*

-- which may be some entirely other person's fault, mind you, let's not assume every error has to be the player who is compensating to the error made, to use sustain skills that are easily available and have a forgiving effect on your DPS overall, especially in longer fights.

How high is your thoughness? Is it 1000? Then your sustain skills dont matter in content I used to play. Do you think that you are gona heal through something that oneshots warriors? Or perhaps you are gona cure agony with those heals. Also if you need more than 2 evades with permanent vigor, you should stop pressing random buttons on your keyboard, so far it looks like your type of playstyle. Is your thoughness more than 1000? You are kicked. PERIOD.

This is of course an offensive notion to you because, why wouldn't it be, you come off as likely being toxic af

Hell yeah I am toxic. Toxic towards players that join 250 kp run with 21 kps and deal lower dps than warriors because they thought having 16k hp on ele and swapping to water was cool.

And "WvW does not matter" yeah neither does any other part of this game because it's a video game, get real. WvW is the best part of this game lol.

Yeaaaaaaaaaah right, that is why everyone wants to migrate to top 3 wvw servers instead of playing it themselves. Thats why WvW in most regions are ghost towns. I honestly love content that doesnt get properly balanced neither updated for years. So much fun to have there. I mean just look at all the pip farming afkers. Thats the true Wvw.

And I can't believe you suggested ranger over weaver for zergs :'D my goodness man ... have you ever played WvW at all? Really, let's all just roll rangers to win fights :'D

Yeah. Lets roll rangers. I am serious. Rangers have access to RELIABLE long range dps that didnt get nerfed with every single balance patch since the game came out.

@obcan.1470 said:

@obcan.1470 said:First of all, If I find out that thief or ele in my party has more than 11k300 hp, he gets kicked, second of all if you think what you do is meta damage, boi your standarts are low

Every other stat? Really now? Even your Ferocity? Because I am quite sure that there is one kitten reason why you are supposed to play full zerk. Also please tell me how your much faster t4s go please tell me about it. PLEASE DO.

Wvw does NOT MATTER.

:'D This is where I couldn't help but laugh. You can find the snowcrows dps rotation here:

"Sword Weaver is not very beginner friendly due to the fast paced rotation and requirement to count auto attacks." Do you see the issue here? No? Want me to explain to you why you cant autoattack when you spin away? Want me to explain what that means? it means THAT YOU DONT SWAP TO WATER RANDOMLY. You literally swap to it when EVERYTHING ELSE IS ON COOLDOWN. And that is assuming that you are using fresh air. If you arent using fresh air but bolt to heart. YOU DONT SWAP WATER.

If you're NOT using water attunement you're not dealing meta damage. Congrats, not only are you BMing someone who actually knows what they're talking about, but you're openly advertising your own ignorance.
applause

You are using water attunement for a SINGLE SPELL. SINGLE. Not only that, you have to swap to water from fire, otherwise you dont have access to that single spell. If you swap to water from any other element. you kitten up your rotation.

cant*

-- which may be some entirely other person's fault, mind you, let's not assume every error has to be the player who is compensating to the error made, to use sustain skills that are easily available and have a forgiving effect on your DPS overall, especially in longer fights.

How high is your thoughness? Is it 1000? Then your sustain skills dont matter in content I used to play. Do you think that you are gona heal through something that oneshots warriors? Or perhaps you are gona cure agony with those heals. Also if you need more than 2 evades with permanent vigor, you should stop pressing random buttons on your keyboard, so far it looks like your type of playstyle. Is your thoughness more than 1000? You are kicked. PERIOD.

This is of course an offensive notion to you because, why wouldn't it be, you come off as likely being toxic af

Hell yeah I am toxic. Toxic towards players that join 250 kp run with 21 kps and deal lower dps than warriors because they thought having 16k hp on ele and swapping to water was cool.

And "WvW does not matter" yeah neither does any other part of this game because it's a video game, get real. WvW is the best part of this game lol.

Yeaaaaaaaaaah right, that is why everyone wants to migrate to top 3 wvw servers instead of playing it themselves. Thats why WvW in most regions are ghost towns. I honestly love content that doesnt get properly balanced neither updated for years. So much fun to have there. I mean just look at all the pip farming afkers. Thats the true Wvw.

And I can't believe you suggested ranger over weaver for zergs :'D my goodness man ... have you ever played WvW at all? Really, let's all just roll rangers to win fights :'D

Yeah. Lets roll rangers. I am serious. Rangers have access to RELIABLE long range dps that didnt get nerfed with every single balance patch since the game came out.

Stop making yourself sound like a meme. It's not like water is your every 2nd attunement, it just helps in fixing a self/group mistake when dps won't necessarily help you. Just because SC can kill every CM boss in 20 seconds while using just half of the rotation doesn't mean that pugs can too.

As for wvw.. LOL. "Reliable dps".

@steki.1478 said:

@obcan.1470 said:First of all, If I find out that thief or ele in my party has more than 11k300 hp, he gets kicked, second of all if you think what you do is meta damage, boi your standarts are low

Every other stat? Really now? Even your Ferocity? Because I am quite sure that there is one kitten reason why you are supposed to play full zerk. Also please tell me how your much faster t4s go please tell me about it. PLEASE DO.

Wvw does NOT MATTER.

If you're NOT using water attunement you're not dealing meta damage. Congrats, not only are you BMing someone who actually knows what they're talking about, but you're openly advertising your own ignorance.
applause

You are using water attunement for a SINGLE SPELL. SINGLE. Not only that, you have to swap to water from fire, otherwise you dont have access to that single spell. If you swap to water from any other element. you kitten up your rotation.

cant*

Stop making yourself sound like a meme. It's not like water is your every 2nd attunement, it just helps in fixing a self/group mistake when dps won't necessarily help you. Just because SC can kill every CM boss in 20 seconds while using just half of the rotation doesn't mean that pugs can too.

And that helps the argument how? This entire argument is based on eles optimal scenario is underwhelming. I am here talking about OPTIMAL ROTATIONS ON BOSSES, because thats how I played my raids and fractals, and I am talking about HOW THOSE OPTIMAL ROTATIONS NO LONGER SATISFY ELE PLAYERS. You are actually arguing with me that non optimal rotations are in any way satisfactory. NON OPTIMAL ROTATION ON ELE IS MUCH WORSE THAN NON OPTIMAL ROTATION ON THIEF. I do not understand where have all the end game players gone. Where are the tryhards. Where are the speed runners? Is GW2 literally boiling down to cesspool of SJWs, money whales and roleplayers? Is there literally no community taking pride at being faster than anyone else at raids and fractals? AM I NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE FUN AS SPEEDRUNNER ANYMORE? Whats the issue here?

@obcan.1470 said:

Wvw does NOT MATTER.

applause

cant*

And that helps the argument how? This entire argument is based on eles optimal scenario is underwhelming. I am here talking about OPTIMAL ROTATIONS ON BOSSES, because thats how I played my raids and fractals, and I am talking about HOW THOSE OPTIMAL ROTATIONS NO LONGER SATISFY ELE PLAYERS. You are actually arguing with me that non optimal rotations are in any way satisfactory. NON OPTIMAL ROTATION ON ELE IS MUCH WORSE THAN NON OPTIMAL ROTATION ON THIEF. I do not understand where have all the end game players gone. Where are the tryhards. Where are the speed runners? Is GW2 literally boiling down to cesspool of kitten, money whales and roleplayers? Is there literally no community taking pride at being faster than anyone else at raids and fractals? AM I NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE FUN AS SPEEDRUNNER ANYMORE? Whats the issue here?

I don't see that SC has problems doing speedclears with 3 weavers, warr and chrono. It's the top 5% of eles (without the very top 0,01%) who's being vocal about bad state of ele.

Optimal rotation is still good in fractals, but if your group isnt playing flawlessly you might as well swap out eles. But that's not the point of your argument so I don't see the problem.

@steki.1478 said:

Wvw does NOT MATTER.

applause

cant*

And that helps the argument how? This entire argument is based on eles optimal scenario is underwhelming. I am here talking about OPTIMAL ROTATIONS ON BOSSES, because thats how I played my raids and fractals, and I am talking about HOW THOSE OPTIMAL ROTATIONS NO LONGER SATISFY ELE PLAYERS. You are actually arguing with me that non optimal rotations are in any way satisfactory. NON OPTIMAL ROTATION ON ELE IS MUCH WORSE THAN NON OPTIMAL ROTATION ON THIEF. I do not understand where have all the end game players gone. Where are the tryhards. Where are the speed runners? Is GW2 literally boiling down to cesspool of kitten, money whales and roleplayers? Is there literally no community taking pride at being faster than anyone else at raids and fractals? AM I NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE FUN AS SPEEDRUNNER ANYMORE? Whats the issue here?

I don't see that SC has problems doing speedclears with 3 weavers, warr and chrono. It's the top 5% of eles (without the very top 0,01%) who's being vocal about bad state of ele.

Optimal rotation is still good in fractals, but if your group isnt playing flawlessly you might as well swap out eles. But that's not the point of your argument so I don't see the problem.

One boss where eles can abuse their damage increase on stunned targets.
where are the eles
where are the eles
where are the eles
where are the eles
where are the eles
where are the eles. This is after all optimal boss for class that scales with target size?

Why is class with lowest HP pool and lowest armor that is heavily reliant on team, not present in actually focused teams? Why is class with hardest rotations and spell executions gone from most skilled groups in PvE? I will tell you why, the class is performing worse in best case scenario compared to in both best case and worse case scenario thief. Ele players would literally return to the class if the class was just 10% stronger in dps than thief. But its not. Its 10% weaker. It simply isnt worth the effort.

@obcan.1470 said:

Wvw does NOT MATTER.

applause

cant*

One boss where eles can abuse their damage increase on stunned targets.
where are the eles
where are the eles
where are the eles
where are the eles
where are the eles
where are the eles. This is after all optimal boss for class that scales with target size?

Why is class with lowest HP pool and lowest armor that is heavily reliant on team, not present in actually focused teams? Why is class with hardest rotations and spell executions gone from most skilled groups in PvE? I will tell you why, the class is performing worse in best case scenario compared to in both best case and worse case scenario thief. Ele players would literally return to the class if the class was just 10% stronger in dps than thief. But its not. Its 10% weaker. It simply isnt worth the effort.

I do agree it's not rewarding enough, but it's still a top tier pick, just not the best pick in raids. It's still the best in fractals, where burst actually matters. You buff ele too much for raids you make other classes unplayable in fractals.

What ele needs arent 5% dps buffs. Pure dps focus on a naturally hybrid class is what makes it high effort no reward.

Archived