Elementalist shaman-elite-specialization:The archon

Dennis.8036

With a specialization emitting immense healing (tempest) and pure damage (weaver)

the archon focusses on buffing its allies. each attunement grants acces to elemental reverberations, each one granting buffs. A new feature will be introduced, the buff focus. A profession specific buff which allows to increase the duration of boons and conditions further, even past the 100% limit. The boons pulsing from reverberations are not supposed to pulse at the same time, more in a pattern of 3 seconds (In example for earth: first pulse grants prot, the next resistance, and the next stability). The reverberation takes effect immediately upon changing into one attunement.

--> reverberation of earth: The solid ground you´re standing on itself engulfs you, granting damage reduction both ways while pulsing protection, resistance and stability.--> reverberation of air: The air you breath sharpens your mind, granting the new buff focus on beginning (not permanently) while also increasing the critical strike chance and damage. Pulsing alacrity, fury and quickness--> reverberation of water: Elemental streams purify the very essence of yourself and allies, increasing healing received and outgoing boon duration. Its pulses remove conditions, heal over time granting regen and vigor.--> reverberation of fire: Elemental flames kindle the very essence of your soul. Your strikes and the strikes of your allies are supported with flames, dealing minor damage and applying minor burning to enemies struck (counting for the archon's condition damage and duration). Its pulses grant might and retaliation

The reverberations can be manifested as totems, so the buff can be kept up while switching the attunement. The manifestation takes a long cast time which decreases the longer you stay in the current attunement.The archon can wield a shield (I want the flameseeker prophecies for my ele so kitten badly :( ) gaining acces to mantras:)If all four totems are placed, the archon can turn into an elemental avatar for ten seconds granting all aforementioned buffs with doubled potency, pulsing focus for the entire duration:) This process will destroy the totems, the blast will grant the buffs again for a longer time while damaging the enemies.The totems however will have a mediocre radius (like 360 yard) and can be placed elsewhere like the ventari tablet fromthe revenant.The mantras may include the following.

Healing skill: Echo of tides. A mantra channeling for 2 3/4 sec (similar to firebrand) with three charges with the last one being stronger. A little fountain resonates from your feet (radius similar to geyser) pulsing healing and regen per second and removes a condition from everyone standing in every 2 seconds for 4 seconds, combofield water. The last charge creates a big flood (radius similar to healing rain) healing per second while granting regen, removing a condition every second. Downed allies are revived for 7% health every 2 pulses.

Utility 1: fictile echo: same channeling mechanic, same amount of charges. Each activation criplles and weakens enemies, granting two seconds of magnetic wave to the caster (magnetic wave is a buff on focus 4 on earth, reflecting projectiles and breaking stuns for the caster. The mantra does the same, without removing conditions) The last charge immobilizes enemies, is a combo finisher blast and grants magnetic wave (2 sec) for you and nearby allies as well as stability, protection and resistance, breaking stuns for each allie affected.<

Utility two: icy echo: same channeling mechanic, same amount of charges. each activation applies chill and slow. The last charge creates a huge ice field, pulsing the aforementioned conditions, while granting regen and vigor for allies

Utility three: Energizing echo: same channeling mechanic, same amount of charges. Each activation dazes the enemies for 1 second while granting quickness and superspeed. The last charge stuns each enemy affected for two seconds, while leaving a static field (With the same unblockable stunfeature) which grants the aforementioned boons pulsing for 3 seconds for everyone standing in it. The size is a bit larger than the staff-variant.

Utility four: Scorching echo: same channeling mechanic, same amount of charges. each activation grants might and fury while burning each enemy affected. The last charge applies the boons twice in potency, granting each allie a magmatic charge which supports their next strike to deal additional flame-dmg and applying 2 stakcs of burning (counting on the elementalists condition dmg+duration)

Elite skill: Phonetic confluence: same channeling mechanic, same amount of charges, Each charge grants focus, breaking stuns for the caster while turning 3 conditions on each affected allie into boons, granting a new buff called elemental harmony for 5 seconds, which heals each target affected each time they get a boon. The last charge breaks stuns for everyone, turning 5 conditions into boons.

The potency of the mantras is slightly increased when activated while in avatar-form.

As for the traits I have the following idea:

As for the traits

First minor: Archon--> The elementalist gets acces to the aforementioned features.

top adept: lucid sound--> You cannot be interrupted while channeling a mantra

top master: tempestuous cacophony--> The last charge of a mantra creates a vast blast, damaging each enemy while afflicting a condition reminiscient to the mantra's element.

top grandmaster: constituent memory--> Each boon of your reverberations is pulsed twice before the pattern moves to the next one

Second minor: Elemental reflection--> Each active totem increases allies stats for 80 points (earth toughness/vit, water healing power, air ferocity and fire power/cond dmg.)

Mid adept: Tethered--> Your totems cannot be moved anymore, but their radius increases up to 600 yards

Mid master: Final ascend--> The duration of your elemental avatar is increased, grant barrier to yourself and allies upon entering and leaving avatar

Mid grandmaster: Sheltering currents--> each time you grant regeneration, you also grant aegis

Last minor: Solid disengagement--> Each time a totem is placed it grants all of its boons immediately to you and all allies.

Bottom adept: Rupturing thoughts--> Your totems pulse damage each time they grant a boon, Everytime you cause a boon you afflict the opposite condition (For example you gain might, you cause weakness)

Bottom master: imitating shelter--> While wielding a shield, each boon you grant is granted again after two seconds passed. (only once of course) (synergy with constituent memory)

Bottom grandmaster: dissonant melody--> Each time you cause burning, you also cause torment (One sec internal cooldown to prevent insane torment stack via glyph arcane combo). Each time you cause bleeding, you also cause poison. (Same goes for this).

Last but not least, the shield skills:

Fire skill 4: Elemental flame--> Enchant the weapons of yourself and your allied, causing the attacks to deal direct damage while applying burning for three seconds

Fire skill 5: Double dragon--> You create a ward which protects yourself and each allie standing in it. After an attack got successfully blocked, you deal massive damage to foes around you, granting retaliation for allies

Water skill 4: Frigid armor--> You and your allies gain a frigid armor which removes inhibiting conditions, grants a bit of barrier and reduces any damage taken by 20% for 5 seconds.

Water skill 5: Glowing Ice--> You create a large frozen ward for 6 seconds around you, healing allies standing inside every second, granting 15 energy every 2 seconds while negating projectiles.

Air skill 4: Intensity--> Enchant your allies with static energy while stunning your targeted opponent for 2 seconds, causing the next hit to deal 70% of its damage as aoe damage. If only one foe is present the skill does either nothing (in pvp or wvw) Or causes the attack to deal its original damage twice (in pve)

Air skill 5: Second wind--> You loose all your boons, granting them to your allies and causes minor damage for each boon lost this way. Loosing boons this way afflicts you with overcast which prevents for four seconds that you can gain any kind of boons.

Earth skill 4: Iron mist-->for ten seconds, you and your allies gain increased toughness. Each time you get hit, the duration between the boon pulse intervals is decreased for one second (internal cooldown of 1 sec to prevent ridiculous condi spam via rupturing thoughts)

Earth skill 5: Ward of stability--> A great ward of stability which pulses said boon plus protection each second for ten seconds

Let me know what you think :) Any kind of criticism is welcome:)

hold on...i see no core eles.i see no tempests that heal.and i dont see weaver that do damage others cant compete ith wayway easier.

im btw playing pvp and wvw.

from what i know of pve thief only spams 1 and druid heals. if not druid others gonna do it way better and way before tempest.

to the desgin of shaman.weapon: shield OH

if shield OH is the weapon ele is left with dagger and scepter.dagger has bad to mediocre mobility, range and dmg.scepter has bad damage without weaver, NO mobility, mediocre range and a questionable efficiency of applying it (juststealth4head).both weapons would need a serious overhaul before they are able to run shield.

im happy to see ele gets finally some cover condis. the amount of them is not enough though as we are forced (pvp) in running atleast energy sigill and have only one more spot left for another cover condi on a sigill. we cant boonrip either so just apply resistence and 111 the "shaman" back to narnia.

looks sooo good on paper. again. but we had that. a few times allready. this spec needs carry to carry while other classes can do it alrdy without the need to carry them.

i like the fact that the totems are planned as ventari tablets. more speed piano on ele.i question the efficiency of the wards though. are they gonna die in a fraction of a second like renegade's or do they do some instant mojo like mesmers?

the whole game developed to be some misanthropic experience. there s not much teamplay left and no "combo" fields of use. why does it look like this whole spec needs dead serious teamwork? and if i got the teamwork with the wards kinda useless in teamfights?

looks like renedead 0.2 but with "long casttimes"

@"shinta.8906" said:hold on...i see no core eles.i see no tempests that heal.and i dont see weaver that do damage others cant compete ith wayway easier.

im btw playing pvp and wvw.

from what i know of pve thief only spams 1 and druid heals. if not druid others gonna do it way better and way before tempest.

to the desgin of shaman.weapon: shield OH

if shield OH is the weapon ele is left with dagger and scepter.dagger has bad to mediocre mobility, range and dmg.scepter has bad damage without weaver, mediocre range and a questionable efficiency of applying it (juststealth4head).both weapons would need a serious overhaul before they are able to run shield.

im happy to see ele gets finally some cover condis. the amount of them is not enough though as we are forced (pvp) in running atleast energy sigill and have only one more spot left for another cover condi on a sigill. we cant boonrip either so just apply resistence and 111 the "shaman" back to narnia.

looks sooo good on paper. again. but we had that. a few times allready. this spec needs carry to carry while other classes can do it alrdy without the need to carry them.

i like the fact that the totems are planned as ventari tablets. more speed piano on ele.i question the efficiency of the wards though. are they gonna die in a fraction of a second like renegade's or do they do some instant mojo like mesmers?

the whole game developed to be some misanthropic experience. there s not much teamplay left and no "combo" fields of use. why does it look like this whole spec needs dead serious teamwork? and if i got the teamwork with the wards kinda useless in teamfights?

looks like renedead 0.2 but with "long casttimes"

I never talked about core eles:) Therefore I don´t really think that core specialization would still be a thing when a third specc would come out.As for the tempest, I myself play tempest heal and am quite successfull with it, even in pve tempest heal is especially used when it comes to groups which are not used to mechanics as the tempest offers tremendous amounts of healing.Weaver may be inferior to many other classes when it comes to dmg, but the traits of weaver have dmg written all over it, whether it actually works or not^^ And in pve dmg-weaver is still a thing in contents as fractals and sometimes even raids.

I agree that with shield OH, the Mh weapons leave poor options, my other thoughts were scepter off-hand, or the ability to use the staff as a melee weapon when archon is used. The wards are planned as areas which pulse efficiency upon activation, I go with instant mojo. The duration of them is planned to be at least a while XD.

But you are right that many classes outshine in efficiency here and there, I used to be modest while thinking about it XD. But the elementalist itself is here and there not that good developed.

As for the teamplay, this part depends on the people you decide to play with. As for pvp, I go with the misanthropic experience XD.

Archived