Coming back to GW2

TGWG.6437

I've been on a long hiatus and am thinking about coming back. I did a cursory glance at what's new and discovered to my surprise that you can equip 2 sigils in two-handed weapons, legendary equipment can swap out runes and sigils, and that Condi builds are good but Power builds are bad (the complete opposite of when I last played). Other than the fact that I have to replace my set of ascended zerker equipment, I'm thrilled. what else have I missed?

I disagree with what you're saying about condi and power builds. Depends on the profession and the type of content you do. I have a lot of characters, and for most of the content, I'm as happy with power builds as condi. That said, I'm predominantly PvE. It could very well be different for PvPers.

You've missed a ton of stuff, so much it would be hard to list in a forum post. I mean mounts, which much of the community was against before they came out, have fundamentally changed the game. Anet's implementation is unique. Rewards are much better in WvW and PvP. I like the way the the story has progressed, plenty of new world to explore as well.

There have been a ton of QOL changes. Were you here when you could right click most things to consume stacks, preview what's in bags and boxs before opening them? Were you here before you could right click salvage kits and salvage all greens and lower, or all rares. Recently added you could salvage entire stacks of stuff at one time.

Plenty of crafting changes as well. Plenty of Fractal changes, not just in the way fractals are presented but several fractals have been redone and made better or at least faster. Game has had a lot of good QOL across the board.

@TGWG.6437 said:I've been on a long hiatus and am thinking about coming back. I did a cursory glance at what's new and discovered to my surprise that you can equip 2 sigils in two-handed weapons, legendary equipment can swap out runes and sigils, and that Condi builds are good but Power builds are bad (the complete opposite of when I last played). Other than the fact that I have to replace my set of ascended zerker equipment, I'm thrilled. what else have I missed?

Welcome back

@TGWG.6437 said:I've been on a long hiatus and am thinking about coming back. I did a cursory glance at what's new and discovered to my surprise that you can equip 2 sigils in two-handed weapons, legendary equipment can swap out runes and sigils, and that Condi builds are good but Power builds are bad (the complete opposite of when I last played). Other than the fact that I have to replace my set of ascended zerker equipment, I'm thrilled. what else have I missed?

Condi is good for long fights with out phases where bursty direct dmg dont give stable dps

Archived