Game does back and forth to desktop

When I get to the character selection screen after launching the game, the game just gets stuck in a back and forth loop between desktop and character selection screen. I can't log in on any character, nor quit the game gracefully.The game worked fine a few days ago (before the patch on 26/11). I just applied the patch and updated the NVDIA driver to version 417.01 (but no other game has an issue, it's just GW2).

EDIT: I managed to get the game working by switching to windowed full screen (was previously on full screen).

Same issue, it's ANET fault, every day is getting worse, since Dec 1, the game is unplayable! Except that the game, ping, crashes started from last episode! Nowadays you have to have the best PC to play this game, absolute nightmare! I think many ppl will leave this game, and fast if nothing is done!

@LordOtto.2650 said:Same issue, it's ANET fault, every day is getting worse, since Dec 1, the game is unplayable! Except that the game, ping, crashes started from last episode! Nowadays you have to have the best PC to play this game, absolute nightmare! I think many ppl will leave this game, and fast if nothing is done!

Yep--Anet screwed up

Archived