Returning player asking for advice?!?

povilas.2807

Hello there. As you can see from the title I'm a returning player. I decided to dive back into Tyria, and give another chance to my old scrapper. Problem is that I don't have much experience with this profession. Could you share you'r wisdom with me? Atm this class looks wery confusing to me. :(

@"povilas.2807" said:Hello there. As you can see from the title I'm a returning player. I decided to dive back into Tyria, and give another chance to my old scrapper. Problem is that I don't have much experience with this profession. Could you share you'r wisdom with me? Atm this class looks wery confusing to me. :(

In short, the scrapper is a tank/bunker/support specialization. In its current state, it's mostly played in WvW as support scrapper. This year, the med kit got a rework and a fantastic one at that. It made support engineer a thing and it's doing great especially in WvW. In PvP it's also good, though some players prefer holosmith because "It's easier" and/or "It's meta."

The scrapper uses gyros. Some of them are fairly niche while others are very useful. Bulwark Gyro, Purge Gyro and Sneak Gyro are the most useful gyros for the scrapper, even for support scrapper. You can use Sneak Gyro on yourself, be invisible for 30 seconds (no, this is not a joke, 30 seconds) and heal allies while you're invisible.

When it comes to weapons, the hammer is mostly used in PvP due to the utility. In PvE, it doesn't offer much other than breaking defiance bars. Support scrapper is viable in fractals and raids as well, it all comes down to practicing the combos with the kits and other utility skills at your disposal.

If you need any further assistance, add me in-game so I can teach you how to play scrapper, or engineer in general.

I just ran a fractal all scrappers and we expected to wipe. Instead we destroyed the bosses faster than normal and did really well. Granted we were running tier 2's as a joke, but we still outperformed our expectations. We are going to test it out a bit more to see how it progresses and what we can do with this class, but a scrapper krewe is fun because the buffs are no joke.

Archived