Why game doesn't kick afk, idlers anymore?

phs.6089

I'm playing spvp 5th season. Never been so bad. It's idle on idle matches. There has to be something else this mod will remain idle farming ground.3rd offence in Dota2 was time-gated low-priority matches where you had to win games, not just lose and kitten around in order to get to ranked again.And system would rollback the results of lost matches due to abusers.

If Arena doesn't have enough hands to check reports, they should do what Valve did with CS:GO, let experienced players check reported matches and make the verdict. After act accordingly. I'm sure most players would agree to spend 15-20 minutes to help with this.

i wish they'd auto kick person that afk and pull somebody else into the match so it can continue. although not the best solution. but still better than 4v5.or auto cancel the match and get everyone back to the pool for the next one.i had one season i had 7 afkers in my 7 replacement matches. needless to say i dropped 2 seasons after that cuz i honestly didn't have the heart or motivation to play.i think Anet only deals with salty or bad raging cases. they do nothing with afkers.

@Hex.2579 said:i wish they'd auto kick person that afk and pull somebody else into the match so it can continue. although not the best solution. but still better than 4v5.or auto cancel the match and get everyone back to the pool for the next one.i had one season i had 7 afkers in my 7 replacement matches. needless to say i dropped 2 seasons after that cuz i honestly didn't have the heart or motivation to play.i think Anet only deals with salty or bad raging cases. they do nothing with afkers.

I don't remember the game's name but I plyed one where if someone got dced/kicked, system would prompt a pop-up to people in Q 'would you like to join a match in progress' and if they agree to play, reward was better for the joining person. It wasn't the best but it was working.

@phs.6089 said:I don't remember the game's name but I plyed one where if someone got dced/kicked, system would prompt a pop-up to people in Q 'would you like to join a match in progress' and if they agree to play, reward was better for the joining person. It wasn't the best but it was working.

that's what we're talking about. wish we have it here. it'll be nice.

@syszery.1592 said:

@Hex.2579 said:or auto cancel the match and get everyone back to the pool for the next one.

So, if your team realizes that they will lose the match then just one player has to
afk
long enough to reset? This is a great idea... Everyone will have win/loss ratio like the top players of the leaderboard :trollface:

Unless afking player will get 2 weeks ban from ranked as a first strike.

@syszery.1592 said:So, if your team realizes that they will lose the match then just one player has to afk long enough to reset? This is a great idea... Everyone will have win/loss ratio like the top players of the leaderboard :trollface:no. if that's happening, 1-2 week ban for every afk match. seem fair. if you wanna afk for a week ban or so. not sure if it's worth it.

@phs.6089 said:

@Hex.2579 said:or auto cancel the match and get everyone back to the pool for the next one.

So, if your team realizes that they will lose the match then just one player has to
afk
long enough to reset? This is a great idea... Everyone will have win/loss ratio like the top players of the leaderboard :trollface:

And if the player has DC and/or cannot re-enter the match?

@syszery.1592 said:

@phs.6089 said:

afk

And if the player has DC and/or cannot re-enter the match

In my experience with other games it was ban for 3 hours at first time, then 5, then 24.If player has connection issues they better solve it before entering BG next time.4 others in their team don't have to suffer.

@phs.6089 said:In my experience with other games it was ban for 3 hours at first time, then 5, then 24.If player has connection issues they better solve it before entering BG next time.4 others in their team don't have to suffer.

And you can guarantee that the error is always client sided and never a server issue? Also, you already get a 15 minutes debuff if you abandon a match for any reason...

Also, how should one decides whether someone afk's or not? By standing in base for too long? Ok, if this will become bann'able behavior then people will just afk off-point or feed or whatever... If someone decides to throw the game he will find a way no matter how...

@syszery.1592 said:

@"phs.6089" said:In my experience with other games it was ban for 3 hours at first time, then 5, then 24.If player has connection issues they better solve it before entering BG next time.4 others in their team don't have to suffer.

And you can guarantee that the error is always client sided and never a server issue? Also, you already get a 15 minutes debuff if you abandon a match for any reason...

Also, how should one decides whether someone afk's or not? By standing in base for too long? Ok, if this will become bann'able behavior then people will just afk off-point or feed or whatever... If someone decides to throw the game he will find a way no matter how...

That is up to Anet to determine if the fault was on server or client side? 15 minuts is not enought by any means if a person/server has connection issues it's juts long enough to kitten around and Q again to ruin another match.The point of afk or feeding is simple, Anet should just check reports and act accordingly. If the GMs have not enough hands, make what Valve did for CS:GOBut CS:GO played by a wast majority of players unlike psvp in GW2. It shouldn't be a problem to check reports from dozen matches per day.

Archived