Wvw Renegade players - thoughts so far?

DemonSeed.3528

Hello Renegade's, how are you all doing (prolly shouldn't ask lol)? Anyways, with the latest rune and sigil changes have you taken out your "gades" (it's probably going to be called this as soon as a cancerous build comes along haha) and given them another spin lately? I've been using mine a lot more lately but I still get ripped a new every now and then, but it's not bad in a bigger group setting and catching people off guard. For instance I like to catch someone that is off position, switch to shiro to close Gap, dump some dmg and impossible odd here n there, switch to kalla for interrupts when they are low and most of the time they are dead. I usually camp staff and kalla if I am starting off in a bigger group because I've been able to down a bunch of people at once (feels real good as a renegade) and it's game over for them most of the time once I switch to shiro for more dmg. So how much have you guys experimented lately with your Renegade's? Any new possibilities or nice builds you guys got? Any tips or new videos of fights (roaming/havoc/Zerg)? What builds do you like playing on your renegade? Power/hybrid/condi? I personally like it more leaning to power but ATM I have a mixture of gear that is mixed but I am a bit overcapped on crit chance so I'll be switching things up (been testing on my alts too so haven't found something I quite want to stick with yet). Anyways if anyone here has any good renegade stories, builds, videos, fun tips, advice feel free to post something, I'd like to read/see. Oh and Melvin, it's time for a new video xd, and you other revenants too, stop using herald and make us more renegade videos hehe.

I have attempted to play a Ventari/Kalla healer because not only is the heal super good, but I could see Soulcleave's Summit synergizing super nicely with a sub-group heavy in Scourges since they have a lot of pulsing damage application. I sadly don't think this will ever actually work well unless spirits get some sort of AoE/CC immunity. I also don't like covering up so much space with a fire field, overriding water/light fields. I would be happy to see the fire field leave if the cast time got reduced, the range got increased, or the initial energy cost got reduced. Could be cool to have it be a PBAoE effect instead, but that would probably be too strong.The perma 10-man alacrity sure is nice though.

Well I finally found a Renegade build that feels good to me thanks to the rune/sigil update. The updated Runes of the Pack seem to synergize really well for hybrid Renegade thanks to the might generation. I used to only use full grieving gear, but I can use mostly celestial gear now and still have decent damage. Sigil of Rage is also nice for the shortbow, almost feels like I'm using Ranger's Rapid Fire for my auto-attacks. With the right traits (Incensed Response+Vindication+Blood Fury), I get to enter combat with 11 stacks of might, fury, swiftness, quickness and vigor, then potentially maintain 20+ might for the rest of the fight, it's pretty nice.

I don't dare use sbow in my regular weapon sets, but I do use it if I am hidden in a bunch of people or on the wall - that said I always carry a bunch of weps in inventory for all my classes. It can be a bane although it's nice to have them around for when i need them, but my inventory is mostly full of food/wep/armor :D it's sucking all my gold testing stuff all the time, a bit more worse off since the prices have changed with the updates on sigils/runes.

Like @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said, renegade is nice for providing alacrity as well as a very potent heal skill + darkrazor and soulcleave. As power roamer herald is still the meta spec for good reason, but there are some off-meta things you can do with a roaming build. I've played with renegade/shortbow/Kalla in both power/condi/hybrid variants but in general i'd say stick to power if you play renegade as a roamer. Shortbow had promise for condi but they really have to fix skill #2 to actually hit, and replace skill#3 with an evade of any kind. Kalla is not a terrible legend but without adding chill on icerazor it provides almost nothing to condi builds. It has potential for power builds but other legends are just better imo, the only thing Kalla has going for it is that nobody expects any of the damage.

Below is a post-rune-patch version of the renegade build i ran before the update. Though it really only uses the traitline. It had a similar stat spread but with rune of the Defender before the patch. I've since dropped it in favor of core rev since rune of the defender was nerfed. Perhaps it's useful to someone doing theorycrafting.

ReneGandhi2 (Add 5 stacks of kalla's favor in template for extra ferocity.)

Note that i force Ventari into everything i play so you could dump Ventari/Salvation/Healing Power stats etc for Devastation/Retribution/Corruption + Kalla or something else. Obviously an off-meta build, but it did very well for me. Mabey when a renegade update rolls around i'll try it again.

Nice to see people thinking about renegade builds though, keep it up!

Archived