Old Human Female Idle Animation

2>

Comments

• Cedric Ambidexter.9174Cedric Ambidexter.9174 Member ✭✭
    edited December 4, 2018

@Heartpains.7312 said:
    Is it ever gonna come back? =/
    Bring it back please!

I'm sorry but 99% of the character animations in this game are bad. Completely ruined GW1. Dancing is horrible, much more limited action commands and it just isn't fun, just more filler now.

• Yargesh.4965Yargesh.4965 Member ✭✭✭

This movement does not exist anywhere in the real world. I have never seen it. I have many sisters, female friends and relatives, daughter, wife and never once have any of them made this motion. Let alone every 5 seconds.

• Ganathar.4956Ganathar.4956 Member ✭✭✭

At the very least the kicking the dirt idle with the hands on the hips should return. It does bug me that they removed the idles, but looking at the stretch animation pics again, the armpits do look a bit awkward. The shoulderpad clipping would also be a nightmare.

Currently the only idle animation is playing with the hair for one second. It's very very boring and it feels as if they butchered the female human idles. Give the kicking the dirt animation back at least, or make new ones. Asuras got new idles about a year ago iirc.

• @notebene.3190 said:
    I'd like to see a 'novelty' treatment for idle animations.

1. Wardrobe for animations you learn/know.
    2. Select none to many idle animations to have 'active'.
    3. Frequency of animation slider.
    4. Bonus: Select a 'weighted frequency' for each selected animation to occur.

Then bring back the old idle animations. People can choose which they like and don't like for themselves to active.

New: Introduce new idle animations as rewards for things, and yes, the gem store (to help pay for the abol

Will never happen Anet is way too afraid of parent's opinion same as for skimpy armor.
    Here's 3 thing I've seen disappear since 2005, which is also why this game is becoming more and more a 6 year and up game every year. Prove me wrong.
    Female animations, 2 ) Beautiful character creation, all beautiful faces have been removed from charactrer creation all faces are now fugly, why Anet?
    3) Skimpy armor

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Hybarf Tics.2048 said:

@notebene.3190 said:
    I'd like to see a 'novelty' treatment for idle animations.

1. Wardrobe for animations you learn/know.
    2. Select none to many idle animations to have 'active'.
    3. Frequency of animation slider.
    4. Bonus: Select a 'weighted frequency' for each selected animation to occur.

Then bring back the old idle animations. People can choose which they like and don't like for themselves to active.

New: Introduce new idle animations as rewards for things, and yes, the gem store (to help pay for the abol

Will never happen Anet is way too afraid of parent's opinion same as for skimpy armor.
    Here's 3 thing I've seen disappear since 2005, which is also why this game is becoming more and more a 6 year and up game every year. Prove me wrong.
    Female animations, 2 ) Beautiful character creation, all beautiful faces have been removed from charactrer creation all faces are now fugly, why Anet?
    3) Skimpy armor

When did they remove beautiful faces, i checked the changes to character creation and nothing but additions have been added.

Ember Wandertooth(SB), Lucina Fallenflame(Weaver), Kianda Redpaw(Guardian), Kingslayer, Light in the Dark.
    Why Guild Wars is called Guild Wars

• Hybarf Tics.2048Hybarf Tics.2048 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2018

~Dante.1763
    Try to create a beautiful female and tell me that the basic faces are nice and easy to mod or improve?
    I will post 2 pictures for you my first Ele and my last, the first her basic face has been deleted from character creation.
    How do I know this? Because almost no changes had to be made on her, with the new choices I could never go back and re create her for all intent and purposes
    she dead and buried.
    1) https://imgur.com/0e3LmGF
    2) https://imgur.com/Lbe80An
    The chin, mouth and eyes I could never make it as before because that basic face is no longer there.
    You see on the first pic, hands on the hip that was also removed. You remember the old song " too sexy for my body, too sexy for my hat", well Anet went one step further and changed it to " too sexy for Anet what about that?"
    Anything too sexy for Anet has to be removed, now you have to be overdressed to kill for even in the desert and die of heat exposure. :o

edited December 4, 2018

@Hybarf Tics.2048 said:
    ~Dante.1763
    Try to create a beautiful female and tell me that the basic faces are nice and easy to mod or improve?
    I will post 2 pictures for you my first Ele and my last, the first her basic face has been deleted from character creation.
    How do I know this? Because almost no changes had to be made on her, with the new choices I could never go back and re create her for all intent and purposes
    she dead and buried.
    1) https://imgur.com/0e3LmGF
    2) https://imgur.com/Lbe80An
    The chin, mouth and eyes I could never make it as before because that basic face is no longer there.

First off, my idea of beautiful is different than yours, The first one looks like a child to me, and the latter one i find much more beautiful to me. Second, i only play female Charr, and its gotten very easy to make really good looking and or beautiful, well i find them to be. Third, I just created a test charcter to see if that face was gone, it isnt. Its the bottom right face in the first 9 that appear in the basic character creation menu, if i woulda spent more time i could probably have recreated her fully, but im not great with the human sliders, so i stopped and remade the character i deleted to see.

Ember Wandertooth(SB), Lucina Fallenflame(Weaver), Kianda Redpaw(Guardian), Kingslayer, Light in the Dark.

• ~Dante.1763
    Thanks Dante i will look it up, maybe I made more changes to the first one than I remember.

• Loki.4871Loki.4871 Member ✭✭

I'd like it back though I suspect it won't happen. If it won't be returning than can we at least get a different one instead?

@Hybarf Tics.2048 said:
    ~Dante.1763
    Thanks Dante i will look it up, maybe I made more changes to the first one than I remember.

Could be, but also alot of the faces got moved around when PoF was added due to them adding a bunch of african looking ones so its position may have been shifted! Hopefully didnt come off as rude, wasnt trying to be :(

• Had to look up on Youtube what the old animation was. Didn't remember it. If it was ever brought back, it'd be a nice "/bored" animation. GW1 throwback.

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Yargesh.4965 said:
    This movement does not exist anywhere in the real world. I have never seen it. I have many sisters, female friends and relatives, daughter, wife and never once have any of them made this motion. Let alone every 5 seconds.

How often do you see your female relatives cast a fireball spell?

• A Reddit thread also had a comment about why they were removed.

barefootmatthew
    LOL That's rich. No they most definitely weren't removed for being sexist. They were removed because every time we went into a review of serious story content and you're supposed to be having really weighty conversations about Tyria-shaking, monumental decisions you and your team were making...oops, is this boring? Why am I yawning, and kicking the ground like I'd rather be ANYWHERE else? It happened so often that the only real way to address that feedback was to pull them out, because unfortunately our tools don't provide us designers with a way to throttle back only specific animations.

Personally I didn’t like them for the reasons the dev stated. There would be an important issue being discussed and suddenly your char is doing a big stretch in someone’s face or is idly kicking the dirt. I didn’t care for them outside the story either but if they could bring them back and leave them out of story instances, that would be an acceptable compromise.

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• Anyone have a video clip of this animation?

• @GW Noob.6038 said:
    Anyone have a video clip of this animation?

Just search on youtube with the title and you will find one I am sure =)
    there is the stretching and the dirt kicking.

• Seriusly its not comming back sorry but wont happend my problem is that they should removed equal amouth of animations on all races and genders so it would be fair

• I watched a couple of videos of this animation...what's the problem with it, exactly?

@GW Noob.6038 said:
    I watched a couple of videos of this animation...what's the problem with it, exactly?

Several posts on this thread with direct quotes from the devs.

• Laila Lightness, I do hope that it comes back, and as for removing from other races I am against that, I don't want them to remove such things from other races, they should add more things =)

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭

I don't even remember this being changed xD

Had to look up an old video to find it.. kinda silly really there's nothing wrong with the old or new ones.

I like what some are saying though.. multiple animations and giving us a choice of which ones to use would be pretty great.

• @Yargesh.4965 said:

@GW Noob.6038 said:
    I watched a couple of videos of this animation...what's the problem with it, exactly?

There's nothing wrong with the animations...they should be reinstated immediately! Too many mentally ill snowflakes playing this game.

@GW Noob.6038 said:

@Yargesh.4965 said:

@GW Noob.6038 said:

There's nothing wrong with the animations...they should be reinstated immediately! Too many mentally ill snowflakes playing this game.

Not one of the dev posts I read talked about mental health or snow for that matter.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Heartpains.7312 said:
    Is it ever gonna come back? =/
    Bring it back please!

There have been several requests like yours in the past:
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/search?Search=Female+Idle+Animation

My GW2 content charts: (1) LWS 4, (2) PoF , (3) Personal story (pre-Claw Island/Orr) , (4) LWS 2 , (5) HoT, (6) Orr campaign , (7) LWS 3

• Those requests are a bit old though =(

• Mea.5491Mea.5491 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm glad this thread is still alive, I hope Anet reads the comments and makes idle animations optional. :D More customization options are nice.

• Well ask yourselves this, all of you after 4 years, if a dev said it's a bug we will look it up, don't you think it would have been fixed by now?
    They lied to you plain and simple instead of telling you the real reason behind that decision. We'll look it up, loosely translated, means if you don't like the way we do things go play something else. Well guess what I'm playing something else until episode 5 comes along around January 18th after 4 months a new record, way to go Anet.
    Sorry for my rant guys but if I play another winter's day, I'll puke snow. Episode 5 for Christmas, it would have been a better way of saying Merry Christmas, but who am I kidding? Have fun all of you and Merry Christmas...going back to Assassin's Creed Origins. B)

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    A Reddit thread also had a comment about why they were removed.

barefootmatthew
    LOL That's rich. No they most definitely weren't removed for being sexist. They were removed because every time we went into a review of serious story content and you're supposed to be having really weighty conversations about Tyria-shaking, monumental decisions you and your team were making...oops, is this boring? Why am I yawning, and kicking the ground like I'd rather be ANYWHERE else? It happened so often that the only real way to address that feedback was to pull them out, because unfortunately our tools don't provide us designers with a way to throttle back only specific animations.

Personally I didn’t like them for the reasons the dev stated. There would be an important issue being discussed and suddenly your char is doing a big stretch in someone’s face or is idly kicking the dirt. I didn’t care for them outside the story either but if they could bring them back and leave them out of story instances, that would be an acceptable compromise.

I love how everyone read past this qoute, im assuming thats from a dev?

• Just a flesh wound.3589Just a flesh wound.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2018

@Dante.1763 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    A Reddit thread also had a comment about why they were removed.

barefootmatthew

I love how everyone read past this qoute, im assuming thats from a dev?

Yes, he’s not flashing an official tag but barefootmatthew is a Game/Narrative designer at Arenanet.

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

2>
This discussion has been closed.
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.