Old Human Female Idle Animation

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hated them, good riddance. BUT the best thing would be adding more customization options: an optional on/off toggle for idle animations for every race. I don't want idle animations on my female Sylvari because some of them (especially the arm swing) cause clipping issues with weapons and back items. Let us control what animations we want to see on our characters! This would not affect other players. Best way to make everyone happy.

@"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:Can anyone actually dog up the legit reason as to why this was removed?

If I remember right first they said something like it is not right that your character is stretching while there is a dragon, then there was something about those mini pets again with the dragons and the situation was "so cute", then the human female idle animation considered a bug and moved to bug forum, which then was forgotten.

As for Mea, bring them back and add the on/off thing, everyone would be happy I guess =)

I'd like to see a 'novelty' treatment for idle animations.

1. Wardrobe for animations you learn/know.
  2. Select none to many idle animations to have 'active'.
  3. Frequency of animation slider.
  4. Bonus: Select a 'weighted frequency' for each selected animation to occur.

Then bring back the old idle animations. People can choose which they like and don't like for themselves to active.

New: Introduce new idle animations as rewards for things, and yes, the gem store (to help pay for the above).

@notebene.3190 said:I'd like to see a 'novelty' treatment for idle animations.

1. Wardrobe for animations you learn/know.
  2. Select none to many idle animations to have 'active'.
  3. Frequency of animation slider.
  4. Bonus: Select a 'weighted frequency' for each selected animation to occur.

Then bring back the old idle animations. People can choose which they like and don't like for themselves to active.

New: Introduce new idle animations as rewards for things, and yes, the gem store (to help pay for the above).

This is an amazing idea! :D

Oldest thread on the subject is from September 2014:https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Female-human-only-has-1-animation-now/page/1

Posts from developers:https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Female-human-only-has-1-animation-now/page/2#post4392079https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Female-human-only-has-1-animation-now/page/5#post4686023

Apparently this hasn't been on top of their list... it's been almost 3 (December 2015) years since the last developer post and more than 4 years since they removed the animations.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Linken.6345 said:No it was sexist.

how ?

Oh you never saw how the females pushed out their round things making the poor teenage boys froth at the mouth? =)They basicly stare ... the female toons so it hade to be removed sadly.

Some more info on the subject so you know WHY they were removed:

Soooo sorry! I asked about this and forgot to post!Some time ago, it was noticed and reported as a “bug” that during cinematics, the “fidget” animations continued. So you’re seeing this exciting story bit about a dragon attack and, behind the scenes, your character is yawning and toeing the sand. It just didn’t fit.So the animations were temporarily removed to be worked on and reincorporated in a way that allowed them to perform normally in the game but to stop (or maybe change) during cinematics. But getting to a place where the animations could be configured on a more fine-grained basis took more time than anticipated.From what I understand, the team has the tools to reconfigure and re-enable the animations, but the team lead told me that naturally they’ll need to figure out when someone (or maybe more than one person) can be assigned the task. As it turns out, each animation bit needs to be reconfigured individually.TL;dr: This change is coming, as soon as it can be scheduled and prioritized. Naturally, some matters that are higher on the priority list but this project will be scheduled as appropriate.

It's a post from Gaile but where I found it there is no link from where exactly. Link to the thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Please-Address-the-Female-Human-Animation/page/1#post4966808

So they weren't removed because they were sexist. They were removed because your character stretching while a friend was dead in front of them and other characters were crying wasn't "appropriate".

Maddoctor, I do remember this, and after a while there was something similar about mini pets but it was something that was considered as "so cute" if I remember right =pAnd then it was said that it is bug and moved to bugs forums ><

As for Linken, we have Kasmeer kissing Marjory (now some people will do the living story or check Youtube xD) so I would say there is similarity in the situations so it is not really excuse to remove it ><

Anyway, bring it back please =)

@"Heartpains.7312" said:Maddoctor, I do remember this, and after a while there was something similar about mini pets but it was something that was considered as "so cute" if I remember right =pAnd then it was said that it is bug and moved to bugs forums ><

As for Linken, we have Kasmeer kissing Marjory (now some people will do the living story or check Youtube xD) so I would say there is similarity in the situations so it is not really excuse to remove it ><

Anyway, bring it back please =)

Yes, this thread is about the mini pets:https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/god-dangit-mini-XD/page/1#post4691345"Great storytelling"

As someone put it in the old thread:

Situation: “Fidget” animations distract someone from the seriousness of a death scene.Response: The animations are removed.Situation: Goofy mini pets distract someone from the seriousness of a death scene.Response: Everyone laughs and has a good time.

As for being a bug, it has been logged as one since September 2014 (check my first developer post link)

@Linken.6345 said:

@Linken.6345 said:No it was sexist.

how ?

Oh you never saw how the females pushed out their round things making the poor teenage boys froth at the mouth? =)They basicly stare ... the female toons so it hade to be removed sadly.

So females aren't allowed to stretch because of their anatomy? That is sexist! Damn you Anet!

...I don't get it. How is stretching considered sexist? If it draws attention to various parts of the female anatomy (which...it didn't), then I guess we should also remove 90% of light armor for human/norn/sylvari females, because I've seen Desire Demons in Dragon Age with more clothing than that. :tongue:Anyway. I'd love it if the old idle animation could come back. I've only seen it in old videos or recordings, but I thought it was sweet. There's nothing wrong with it.

@Mea.5491 said:

@dusanyu.4057 said:if that was a case asura yawning and head scratching is in appropriate as well (please don't remove them i love em just making a point))

Yup. Just like my female Sylvari's teethy smile during sad cutscenes, lol.....

Or my male sylvari rocking back and forth on his heels and then staring off into space with bright-eyed cheer...Pact Medic Ceera: Commander of death. I have no words for you.Sylvari: [staring off into the treetops with a happily spaced-out expression on his little leafy face]Pact Medic Ceera: [gets out the herbicide]

@Dashingsteel.3410 said:I don't buy Anet's explanation of the animation being inappropriate or distracting from the seriousness of certain scenes. I think Anet is afraid of the PC mob.

at the time there was a decently long thread asking if there was a way for them to disable animations in cutscenes and the like due to people finding it not fitting for the scene, so...im mixed.

Still think it should be added, but its so low on their priorities its not gonna.

Here we go again with this topic .... for 100th time

and im glad they removed it now that i play norn because norns always had these little animation and humans had that whole thing going on and now it's nice that they're the same.if they brought them back they should also make something more special for norns

No idle animation is best idle animation. Its a unneccesery animation wich only encourages afking. Better remove them and not have to worry about bugs involving them than keep them or make them an option since that takes time that could be used elsewhere. They dont really add to game anyway since you need to be idling (not playing ) to see them wich makes them useless

Archived