How to upgrade account to PoF and free episode where?

Kelly.7019

Ok, so this may be posted somewhere already, but i can't find the exact info on it officially. Gaile Gray mentioned for a "limited time" but what is that amount of time? Is it over?Been thinking about upgrading to PoF for a while. I assume i'd get the current LW story and the Kourna(beetle) LW story for free as it says in ads(well the beetle one anyways).

On some other site i found this statement:
"The roller beetle mount was added to Guild Wars 2 back in June as part of the game’s Living World Episode 3, Long Live the Lich. To help players get their hands on a roller beetle mount, Episode 3 will be free to play for all Guild Wars 2 players until January 7th, 2019.". ( I assume you have to own PoF first of course, then unlock it from the gem store?)(but since i don't have pof i can't see it in gem store?) https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/11/26/arenanet-is-giving-away-a-roller-beetle-racing-themed-car/

Gaile Gray says: "To celebrate roller beetle racing, the Living World Season 4 episode "Long Live the Lich" is available for free for a limited time. Play today and unlock the roller beetle mount." https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/61769/game-update-notes-november-27-2018#latest

1) So what is the "limited time?" this weekend or until Jan 7th?2) Will i be able to unlock the beetle mount episode for free once i purchase pof it will show up in gemstore?Quite confused here. :/

@"Kelly.7019" said:Ok, so this may be posted somewhere already, but i can't find the exact info on it officially. Gaile Gray mentioned for a "limited time" but what is that amount of time? Is it over?Been thinking about upgrading to PoF for a while. I assume i'd get the current LW story and the Kourna(beetle) LW story for free as it says in ads(well the beetle one anyways).

On some other site i found this statement:

"The roller beetle mount was added to Guild Wars 2 back in June as part of the game’s Living World Episode 3, Long Live the Lich. To help players get their hands on a roller beetle mount, Episode 3 will be free to play for all Guild Wars 2 players until January 7th, 2019.". ( I assume you have to own PoF first of course, then unlock it from the gem store?)(but since i don't have pof i can't see it in gem store?) https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/11/26/arenanet-is-giving-away-a-roller-beetle-racing-themed-car/

In general you only have to log in during the free window, not actually own the expansion, to get the living world episodes unlocked for your account. You will need to own the expansion to be able to play them though (you can have living world episodes unlocked but not accessible if you played the game while the episodes released but without owning the appropriate expansion. Once the expansion is added, the unlocked episodes become accessible). Not sure if this is the case here too, but I would imagine.

@"Kelly.7019" said:

Gaile Gray says: "To celebrate roller beetle racing, the Living World Season 4 episode "Long Live the Lich" is available for free for a limited time. Play today and unlock the roller beetle mount." https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/61769/game-update-notes-november-27-2018#latest

1) So what is the "limited time?" this weekend or until Jan 7th?2) Will i be able to unlock the beetle mount episode for free once i purchase pof it will show up in gemstore?Quite confused here. :/

This likely means that if you log in before January 7th, you will get the Living World Season 4 Episode 3 unlocked to your account. To be able to actually play it you will need PoF and to unlock the mount you will have to do the appropriate in game achievements and steps.

1) Buy PoF through the GW2 website. If you do it before 5th December and use the code BlackFriday50 at checkout you'll get 50% off.2) Once you've got it log into the game. You will get the latest story episode (Episode 4 - A Star To Guide Us) as soon as you log in, if you haven't already got it.3) You can then get Episode 3 from the gem store where it will show up as available for 0 gems.

If you logged into GW2 any time between 26th June and 18th September this year you will already have episode 3 and if you logged in any time after 18th September you will have episode 4, so you may not need to unlock them. If that's the case they will show as unlocked and available to play in your Story Journal as soon as you have PoF. (Slightly confusingly the unlock item is a closed, greyed out chest - but if you click on the episode it will show a big white 'Play this Episode' button instead of info on how to unlock it.)

The beetle mount won't show up in the gem store. It comes from an achievement which is part of episode 3. You need to complete the first 2 missions then speak to Gorrik then do 3 item collection achievements.

Archived