Have you been nice or naughty for this Wintersday? Ho-Ho-Tron has been watching!

Vaughn.8172

My expectations for this one are low, I want to either have fun in this yearly festival or be pleasantly surprised: this year brought back Reaper's Rumble for Halloween as well as Festival of the Four Winds. Has there been an inactive activity in the past 5 years? or does Wintersday has enough lore to expand the story? 2012 was Tixx and Toxx, and regular activities arriving, 2013 had Ho-ho-Tron (now Hero-Tron/Bait-o-tron) and his bard friend explaining how and why they were accepting donations, and 2014 and subsequent years just added a Replica Ho-ho-tron.

I am excited for Wintersday every year. To be honest I begin to miss it as soon as it ends and look forward to the next one instantly. It is imho the best festival in the game. The atmosphere is awesome, where ever the event is going on people are cheerful and helpful.

The Wonderland became a bit of a grind-arena over the years, but I like it like on the first year. At every start of the events I do the Wonderland every day for several runs and slowly watch how the farmers improve their skill and accuracy. With every new day it gets a little harder for me to outrun them. After the first week it is already difficult, as some of the farmers rely a lot on dodge-jump-skips. They are insanely fast and with impressive accuracy. But luckyly there is about 1 in 50 who is really that good. The others just brain-afk the medium course XD.

What I miss a lot, the event is only in Divinities Reach for a few years now. I remember a year where it was spread among all racial cities and the Infinirarium also moved from city to city, daily. Is it really that difficult to bring this feature back?

I do not really need new stuff. The mount race was nice, especially the part with Toxx XD. But as long as the core-traditions return, I am fine.

EDIT: Idea for Ho-Ho-Tron. People who did at least one player-kill that day, get devil-horns when talking to the NPC. Those who have not get the halo.

Archived