Any plans to refresh adds on necro and engie?

phs.6089

Can necro minions be scary not disgusting? Can they look badass? stylish?I understand prolly engie person had to go trough industrial trash to build the turrets, mortal & FT but surely after all this years engie could modify them to more aesthetic looking things.This probably was asked before but can we rise this once again?I'm ready to grind trough scavenger hunt, pay for skins from cash shop or any other possible way.Please update adds. They just look so dated, soooo, so dated.

The..necro minions look similiar to the necro minions we had in GW1, why on earth would you expect them to be anything but large piles of flesh held together with magic?

The turrets on the other hand, id love to see Racial turrets like the pre release videos for engineer show.

@phs.6089 said:

@"Dante.1763" said:The..necro minions look similiar to the necro minions we had in GW1, why on earth would you expect them to be anything but large piles of flesh held together with magic?250 years passed prolly that is why :)

Sure, but has the magic used to reanimate the dead as such changed? i doubt it! If anything i wouldnt mind a graphical update to their textures(keep the model the same) if they did it to every class that has "pets" including rangers.

@Astralporing.1957 said:And here i thought this would be the thread about revising minion mechanics for necro, so minion master could become something more than just an OW build.

Oh I don't even dream to think of such thing. That is out f questions> @Dante.1763 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@Dante.1763 said:The..necro minions look similiar to the necro minions we had in GW1, why on earth would you expect them to be anything but large piles of flesh held together with magic?250 years passed prolly that is why :)

Sure, but has the magic used to reanimate the dead as such changed? i doubt it! If anything i wouldnt mind a graphical update to their textures(keep the model the same) if they did it to every class that has "pets" including rangers.

Why not? :) Magic is science not art. :)

@Dante.1763 said:The..necro minions look similiar to the necro minions we had in GW1, why on earth would you expect them to be anything but large piles of flesh held together with magic?

The turrets on the other hand, id love to see Racial turrets like the pre release videos for engineer show.

How about because they operate differently? Minions in GW1 could have numerous summoned at once, and so were semi-self-sustaining constructs that slowly degrade. Hence it makes sense of them to be so ghastly and shambling. Minions in GW2 are more akin to pets in that they are maintained as a sort by the necromancer in question, able to be commanded (I.E. Skill use) and don't degenerate over time.

@Ceit.7619 said:

@Dante.1763 said:The..necro minions look similiar to the necro minions we had in GW1, why on earth would you expect them to be anything but large piles of flesh held together with magic?

How about because they operate differently? Minions in GW1 could have numerous summoned at once, and so were semi-self-sustaining constructs that slowly degrade. Hence it makes sense of them to be so ghastly and shambling. Minions in GW2 are more akin to pets in that they are maintained as a sort by the necromancer in question, able to be commanded (I.E. Skill use) and don't degenerate over time.

It would make sense in GW2 if they operated like they did in GW1. For one thing the bodys of dead enemies dont linger so you couldnt raise anything if they functioned that way, and another youd constantly be having to hurt yourself to keep them around. The Commands and such where added to "mix" the necro and ritualist together so they wouldnt need the ritualist class in GW2. > @phs.6089 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:And here i thought this would be the thread about revising minion mechanics for necro, so minion master could become something more than just an OW build.

Oh I don't even dream to think of such thing. That is out f questions> @Dante.1763 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@Dante.1763 said:The..necro minions look similiar to the necro minions we had in GW1, why on earth would you expect them to be anything but large piles of flesh held together with magic?250 years passed prolly that is why :)

Why not? :) Magic is science not art. :)

Certainly true, but the core of the magic is still the same.

But as a stated, i wouldnt mind if they did the makeover to every class that had pets, including rangers, as outside of the HoT and Pof pets every single one looks just as aged as the minions and turrets.

I think minions should be every bit as durable as Ranger pets. You already have to give up a utility slot, they can't be commanded to target or disengage, so they should at least have some sustainability.They shouldn't be something that dies in .6 seconds in competitive play.

While I do like the current necro minions and engineer turrets (and to me they don't seem more dated than the rest of the graphics), I definitely support the idea of being able to choose different skins for them. Likewise it would be nice to have a choice of skins for engineer kits as well. (And, I suppose, for ranger pets - although since even different colours of moas are classed as distinct pets, I think that's unlikely.)

@Dante.1763 said:The turrets on the other hand, id love to see Racial turrets like the pre release videos for engineer show.

Interesting, I didn't know there were racial turrets pre-release. That sort of thing seems like a much better approach to adding racial flavour than the deliberately underpowered racial skills - I wonder why they did away with it.

@"Edelweiss.4261" said:If only minion skins were profitable. I imagine that because minion skins would affect 1/9 classes, they wouldn't be purchased as much as would be wanted for the effort needed.

Yeah if only skins for minions were profitable, that affect about dozen classes out of hundred+ in Dota 2, Valve would make them as well. :)Wait, the did.

e.g Warlocks golems https://dota2.gamepedia.com/Warlock/EquipmentVemomancer's wards https://dota2.gamepedia.com/Venomancer/EquipmentNature Propets treants https://dota2.gamepedia.com/Nature%27s_Prophet/Equipment

Since launch I was hugely disappointed with the GW2 Necro minions, compared the original Guild Wars (Blood Fiend being the exception).Be it in design, functionality or variety.

But quite frankly, in the theme of Necro, I think nothing short of a complete rework can save them.Still hoping for a Death magic+ Elite spec that completely reworks minions and Death Magic.

@phs.6089 said:

@"Edelweiss.4261" said:If only minion skins were profitable. I imagine that because minion skins would affect 1/9 classes, they wouldn't be purchased as much as would be wanted for the effort needed.

Yeah if only skins for minions were profitable, that affect about dozen classes out of hundred+ in Dota 2, Valve would make them as well. :)Wait, the did.

e.g Warlocks golems
Vemomancer's wards
Nature Propets treants
Many of these were made by creators outside valve. They even have a proper toolkit. From my understanding, Anet's code is not outsider-friendly.

Turrets should simply be affected by elite spec/race to give them different look.Minions should also be affected by elite spec to give a little more variety.

We all know necro isn't going to get anything nice... it was a hated class since pre and abandoned with mile long bug lists(the only thing more forgotten then dungeons) so don't even dream about minions of all things, that don't conform to anets meta, to suddenly becoming viable skills. Besides this class as a whole doesn't work with "meta" so it's all kind of pointless at the end. A couple of skins for turrets and minions/summons in general, on the other hand, is not an unreasonable request. Not very likely to happen tho.

@Edelweiss.4261 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@Edelweiss.4261 said:If only minion skins were profitable. I imagine that because minion skins would affect 1/9 classes, they wouldn't be purchased as much as would be wanted for the effort needed.

e.g Warlocks golems
Vemomancer's wards
Nature Propets treants
Many of these were made by creators outside valve. They even have a proper toolkit. From my understanding, Anet's code is not outsider-friendly.

True, long ago Valve made models for armor/minions/weapons (not toolkits, workshop tools came latetr) available for community. But still it was profitable to do.

I too would like "nicer" minions on Necro. I doubt they'd go out of their way right now. For the next expansion, I'd like to see a Necro Specialization that gets away from the "dark arts" and use our mastery of life force in a positive light. Let our life force mastery be ethereal in tone with brand new minions to match. It would be an actual change of pace and feel like a new profession.

Archived