MAKE WARRIOR GREAT AGAIN

Scorci.3250

Devils Advocate

1. I would rather FH be removed and they tweak weapon skill CDs to compensate. Making it baseline will just lead to every other class main claiming they need one of their traits made baseline as well. If they want to do that, sure why not, but that seems unlikely.
  2. That nerf happened probably because they don't want Berserker to outclass Spellbreaker in terms of gaining benefit from Adrenal Health, Cleansing Ire, and Berserker's power. Honestly, as bad as this nerf seemed I don't really feel it as badly as I expected to.
  3. I agree on this one, Shield Bash already had a good tell, and as for Arc Divider the range should be reduced if they're looking to balance it, but even then with the nerfs from point 2 I don't think a nerf is even needed now.

@BurrTheKing.8571 said:Devils Advocate

1. I would rather FH be removed and they tweak weapon skill CDs to compensate. Making it baseline will just lead to every other class main claiming they need one of their traits made baseline as well. If they want to do that, sure why not, but that seems unlikely.
  2. That nerf happened probably because they don't want Berserker to outclass Spellbreaker in terms of gaining benefit from Adrenal Health, Cleansing Ire, and Berserker's power. Honestly, as bad as this nerf seemed I don't really feel it as badly as I expected to.
  3. I agree on this one, Shield Bash already had a good tell, and as for Arc Divider the range should be reduced if they're looking to balance it, but even then with the nerfs from point 2 I don't think a nerf is even needed now.
  1. unless this is cooldown reductions (which would probably end up making people even more mad than baseline FH) all this does is slow down warrior combat, add more potential to get kited by certain classes and lower the pressure a warrior can put out consistently
  2. well now spellbreaker will definitely outclass berserker when it comes to benefits of adrenal health, cleansing ire, and berserker's power especially with the t3 minor trait. power berserker will be an instagib rifle spec and nothing else in less than a year and then gunflame will get nerfed

@BurrTheKing.8571 said:Making it baseline will just lead to every other class main claiming they need one of their traits made baseline as well.

This is +2 years needed change, you forgot that almost every profession got baseline traits and some got even up to 6 baseline traits and warrior got none.TBH i don't care anymore, Just keep my Core warrior fun just as its now and i will be a happy warrior.

Im up with anything that boost GS. i really hate play like "ninja" or a "Jumping Ballerina". Im a fighter, i come from Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, the Samurai Warriors series, not "mario" or "donkey kong".

Could i play as warrior in GW2 like i do Titan Quest, Neverwinter PWE, Dragon Age inquisition, Champions return to Arms, without being mocked for "underperfoming"?

I agree with choovanski, though I don't think anyone is that far apart. Additional things I'd like to see:

First, extend BP duration to 15s to match AH

Second, give Axe5 the speed boost described in the tooltip, and make it so it's affected by quickness (not sure why it isn't)

Third, revert the changes to Headbutt, Arc Divider, and Smash Brawler (?), but at a cost to damage, cd, and or range (I get why those were nerfed, I'd just prefer a more fluid warrior that isn't so telegraphed over one that has "I win" buttons that only work against middle skill players)

I'm not fussy about #3, I just think it would make Berserker more interesting and useful. I don't like clunkiness.

@Scorci.3250 said:gimme that fast hands baselinerevert the 3>1 burst berserker nerfrevert that silly attack speed nerf on shield bash and arc divider

discuss how i'm right

They don't want that to happen.

They have made it quite obvious now that they want Berserker to be the PvE elite condi spec for warrior. It's sad but its how it is. Those last patches made it clear, they want power berserker to be dead to make way for Spellbreaker.

@Solzero.5380 said:

1. and extra Yes! warrior feels so clunky now, it feels like playing a handicapped profession.

That's my biggest gripes with those nerfs. The headbutt sluggishness and arc divider "slow" animation just make warrior feels so clunky. It used to be so smooth now it feels like a half assed class

I want my Arc Divider back :(

I don't mind Primal Bursts only giving 1 point of Adrenal Health/Berzerker's Power. But I feel they should have activating Berzerk give all 3 at once (There's no duration stack, so instantly bursting won't make it more powerful), and then they can revert the Arc Divider nerf, which was made because it gave too many boons too quickly and frequently, which is no longer the case.

@Sartharina.3542 said:I want my Arc Divider back :(

I don't mind Primal Bursts only giving 1 point of Adrenal Health/Berzerker's Power. But I feel they should have activating Berzerk give all 3 at once (There's no duration stack, so instantly bursting won't make it more powerful), and then they can revert the Arc Divider nerf, which was made because it gave too many boons too quickly and frequently, which is no longer the case.

I disagree, you only use 2 bars to activate, as you have 1 remaining after activation.

@Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485 said:

I disagree, you only use 2 bars to activate, as you have 1 remaining after activation.

jumping on this they could make activating berserk give x2 charges of AH / CI / BP on activation (would be busted) OR on the next successful burst, while keeping subsequent burst only give 1, it would give back a lot of what made power zerkers strong prepatch without neutering them completely

it still requires you go build up to 3 bars, so it requires 3 bar to activate

@Lighter.5631 said:

I think the argument is that it doesn't consume 3 bars to activate because you still have 10 adrenaline ready to burst as soon as you go berserk.

I'm good either way (counting it as 3 or 2), personally. But I hadn't considered that more conservative angle and find it compelling

@Lighter.5631 said:

so if we had a new burst which required you to go up to 3 bars, buy only used 1, it should count as 3?

At this point we have to assume the AH/Cleansing Ire Berserker nerf is here to stay, at least until PoF launch hype is over. I'm not even that mad cause I've started playing core warrior again instead of Berserker (always thought it was sub-par for power builds anyway, this nerf was just the final nail in the coffin).

If I could get anything from all that is being asked: make fast hands baseline. This will immediately give all warriors in all game modes wiggle room to come up with interesting builds.

@Lighter.5631 said:

so if we had a new burst which required you to go up to 3 bars, buy only used 1, it should count as 3?

good point but we're getting a spec that allows you to get to 2 bars and forces you to use 1, but with 2 spells that can proc on burst traits, while berserker requires you to get to 3 before being shoehorned into being forced to using 1 because the other "burst skill" berserk does not proc any sort of on burst trait

@Scorci.3250 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:

good point but we're getting a spec that allows you to get to 2 bars and forces you to use 1, but with 2 spells that can proc on burst traits, while berserker requires you to get to 3 before being shoehorned into being forced to using 1 because the other "burst skill" berserk does not proc any sort of on burst trait

should still be 2, since 2 are used with 1 left over to boost up to 3 right away.

@choovanski.5462 said:Make FH Baseline. the class needs it for pvp. it's essential for the flow of the class. discipline is still a super strong line without it anyhow. it's long overdue, make it happen anet.

Make Berserk mode count as t3 burst.

Arc Divider is fine imo. the nerf on shield bash should be reverted tho.

@Scorci.3250 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:

should still be 2, since 2 are used with 1 left over to boost up to 3 right away.

No, it uses 3 bars to activate and it grants you 1 bar of adrenaline after activation. The bonus bar of adrenaline gained is separate from the fact that you still require 3 bars of adrenaline to enter berserk mode.

If you can enter berserk mode with 2 bars of adrenaline and gain 1 bar after activating berserk mode, then you would be right.

Archived