Legendary Fractal Armour

Rikimaru.7890

Now first thing a lot of people are thinking right now is, "there have already been threads like this," yes I know however things have changed since then so hear me out.

I got to thinking about this after I got curious and decided to check the wiki on Legendary Armour from PvP and WvW.What I found out intrigued me, because the prices of the precursor armours were very similar to those of the Illustrious armour that BLING-9009 sells.They require similar amounts of Marks and gold. So the big question is why can't the Illustrious armour be converted into a Legendary armour too?

Well first thing is that the PvP and WvW armours require a certain rank to be reached before they can be purchased.HOWEVER we do have ranks in Fractals now too i.e. Fractal Savant etcSecond thing is that the Illustrious armour is the exact same as the first Ascended armour we could craft when it was first introduced., so it doesn't really work as a precursor armour.However all ANET would have to do is introduce a new set with it's own unique look, and it would have slightly higher demands like instead of Fractal Relics it would require Pristine Fractal Relics to purchase. And of course this new armour would require a certain "rank" before it can be accquired like "Fractal Prodigy."While if there were also a more lavish version just like the PvP and WvW do then it would require a higher rank i.e. Fractal Champion at very least.

And of course the Legendary versions of these armours would not gain any new looks but retain the one the precursor armour has just like the PvP and WvW do in order not to cause outrage from the Raiding community. So you can put it in a pipe and smoke it if you thought I wanted FotM to replace Raids.

So how do others feel about this? I mean if there already is Legendary PvP and WvW armour, then I don't think a similar Legendary armor from FotM would hurt much.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then people will ask for low entry just like pvp/wvw have 2 sets of leg armor, not shiny and shiny. Fractals prodigy is a long grind tbh. They tie it to those titles people will snap.

PvP leg 1st gen doesn't ask for a rank. Just a tiny lv20 to play spvp.

But I guess it will bring another sink for mats,that is always healthy for economy.

And oh boi I can see LGFs 'selling CMs, unlock achievements for fractals legendary armor'

sPvP and wvw legendary armors are super time gated and require a lot of commitment to the game mode. Fractals do have similar time gating mechanics that could make this work.

I wouldn't be opposed to having a shiny competitive T3 armor tied to titles as a status symbol, but a normal set of legendary armor without it would be a must.

Not adding CMs as a requirement for the Legendary would mean it's a farm/grind thing alone, of course the PVP and WVW versions are mostly about farming too, but as someone who has cleared the CMs but is years away of reaching the top title(s) this kind of thing would screw me over. And I'm sure I'm not alone, and there others in this situation that don't Raid. Do we want this to be a show of grinding or also a show of skill? A "solution" might be reducing the grind part (Mist Attunement rank) by finishing CM versions of Fractals. Or something like that.

An armor set in the same style as the fractal weapons would be amazing (also golden Ad Infinitum skin pls).

Regarding the legendary armor part: I wouldn't be opposed to another legendary set, how one would design the requirements is another thing entirely. Ad Infinitum does require multiple fractals in "harder" conditions (-80% reduced healing, time limit etc.) thus adding the CMs on the list wouldn't be too strange. Something akin to the crystaline heart could work (activate and fulfill specific requirements at a boss) but those should be individual challenges and not groupwide for two reasons:

a) Group achievements only work when the goal is desirable for the whole party (faster, better loot, vanity) even after the initial rush is over. Limiting design choices.b) Individual achievements severely cut down the possibility for abuse. Say one of the requirements was the whole party (rather than every player on his own) had to avoid every shockwave during the Amala fight. If I want to screw others over working on said collection I could purposely fail it just out of spite. And when MMOs have shown me one thing over the years then it is the reality of many players being insanely petty.

I'd rather they not further reduce the incentives to raid by introducing a far more accessible competitor.

Fractals are already way more profitable per hour than raiding by a mile and provide a valuable source of stat infusions on top. They also provide Ad Infinitum.

Let the rest come from raids and simply tweak viable builds so that raiding isn't a total pain because it lives and dies by the chrono and druids.

Add legendary armor to fractals, make Fractal God (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractal_God) a requirement.

It rewards skill by speeding up the grind for people who do daily CMs but remains possible for people who only do T4s.

It is adjusted to pve (which a majority of players frequent) without making the spvp and wvw legendary armors obsolete from a time and grind perspective.

It encourages players to play pve challenging content (where legendary armor is actually of use, unlike open world).

It's a win-win for all, except those who just want to credit-card warrior brute force their gear or those who want legendary armor for even less effort than the spvp and or wvw ones.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Each game mode already has legendary armor. If fractals are to have another legendary item, it should be a trinket.

Next trinket is WvW legendary amulet, mark my words. :)

sPvP and WvW are PVP mods tho. Raids and Fractals are PVE.

So for fractal gods and goddesses (good luck catching up with this grind wvw shiny armor) shiny leg armor and not shiny for casual t4 that surely can make some efforts to clear 99 /100 CM.Your move Arena.NET. ;)

@Zenith.7301 said:I'd rather they not further reduce the incentives to raid by introducing a far more accessible competitor.

While I don't raid but do T4's daily, I have to agree with this statement.

I would love to see fractal exclusive armor skins though. It would even be cool if they had two different tiers, one purchasable with relics, the other with ESS.

@Hesacon.8735 said:

@"Zenith.7301" said:I'd rather they not further reduce the incentives to raid by introducing a far more accessible competitor.

The raiding community is all the incentive I need
not
to raid.

Your blank pretty all encompassing accusation against a lot of different players is enough reason for people not to want to play with you.

Remember:"When you point one finger, there are three fingers pointing back to you."

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Zenith.7301 said:I'd rather they not further reduce the incentives to raid by introducing a far more accessible competitor.

Unfortunately it’s too late for that, since the Legendary WvW and PvP already compete against the raid armor.

Note they stated:

“I'd rather they not further reduce the incentives to raid by introducing a far more accessible competitor.”

Bolded the keyword.

Which is fair, however the comment comes off as, only Raids should be entitled to having nice things. Give players more choice. If the only reason people are going into Raids strictly for the Armor, then it’s not really someone who is there for the joy of raiding in the first place. Maybe that will develop into a love of the game mode, it’s certainly possible.

@maddoctor.2738 said:Not adding CMs as a requirement for the Legendary would mean it's a farm/grind thing aloneEnvoy set doesn't require CMs eiter, you know. And as for grind, it shouldn't be any longer than for the other sets.

@"Cyninja.2954" said:Remember:"When you point one finger, there are three fingers pointing back to you."That would result in an infinite number of pointed fingers...

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:Not adding CMs as a requirement for the Legendary would mean it's a farm/grind thing aloneEnvoy set doesn't require CMs eiter, you know. And as for grind, it shouldn't be any longer than for the other sets.

Debatable, I personally completely disagree with the spvp legendary armor but the objective of that one is clear: get people to play the mode.

It comes to reason that a non raid pve legendary would be more grindy or time gated.

@Tyson.5160 said:Which is fair, however the comment comes off as, only Raids should be entitled to having nice things. Give players more choice. If the only reason people are going into Raids strictly for the Armor, then it’s not really someone who is there for the joy of raiding in the first place. Maybe that will develop into a love of the game mode, it’s certainly possible.

So if Anet stripped all rewards from the game, only those who still play are the ones that do so for the joy of playing the game? Is that healthy for the game?

@Cyninja.2954 said:Debatable, I personally completely disagree with the spvp legendary armor but the objective of that one is clear: get people to play the mode.Well no, it was meant to be so main sPvPers had a way to access the same levels of PvE gear so they weren't disconnected from the rest of the community. Ascended glory shards were hard to get and were a reflection of skill back pips could also be lost. PvErs pvping solely because it's an easy way to get legendary armor was a side-effect that came with making the rewards farmable and negatively introduced players who really don't care whether they win or lost into the game mode.

This sort of change would benefit people who don't or refuse to raid and are able to fractal. That's a fairly small additional group of players, even accounting for the masses of people who don't yet fractal but might consider it. So aside from any speculation about what requirements there might be, and what costs there might be, this seems like a big chunk of work for ANet without adding noticeably more accessibility.

People have mentioned downsides, which are substantial: there would be some disincentive to raid, there would be an influx of people who don't bother to learn how to fractal, hoping to cash in. And there are some upsides: a new crop of potential fractal regulars (some of whom will be good/great). And for those who fractal all the time, some additional benefits: it "only" takes a year and a half of dailies+rex to reach Fractal God.

On the whole, though, I'm not convinced that the OP's argument is enough to convince ANet to reconsider adding a fourth acquisition method for gear with legendary stat swapping features.

@zencow.3651 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:Debatable, I personally completely disagree with the spvp legendary armor but the objective of that one is clear: get people to play the mode.Well no, it was meant to be so main sPvPers had a way to access the same levels of PvE gear so they weren't disconnected from the rest of the community. Ascended glory shards were hard to get and were a reflection of skill back pips could also be lost. PvErs pvping solely because it's an easy way to get legendary armor was a side-effect that came with making the rewards farmable and negatively introduced players who really don't care whether they win or lost into the game mode.

I disagree, spvp players have access to gear which is far beyond what most pve players have access to, since the vast majority of pve players do not raid. On top of which spvp costs nearly no gold or resource investment, so access to pve gear from rewards gained in spvp is quite easy. I'm fine with spvp players having access to legendary armor, it still does not make sense.

The major reason to add useless (to the mode) legendary armor to spvp was to keep the mode semi active. Similar to how season 5 handed out 1 set of free ascended armor in spvp (from the minimal effort required perspective).

As with all things (raids too), the price is coming due. People are finishing their legendary armor spvp sets, finishing their 1st, 2nd, 3rd or x-th raid set and the interest is waning. Having something like this happen on a broad scale (by introducing a to easy to acquire "final" gear set for the vast majority of pve players) could be quite a blow to the game or would need to be designed around properly. Hence why I believe an alternative pve legendary set would be heavily time gated and/or expensive.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:Debatable, I personally completely disagree with the spvp legendary armor but the objective of that one is clear: get people to play the mode.Well no, it was meant to be so main sPvPers had a way to access the same levels of PvE gear so they weren't disconnected from the rest of the community. Ascended glory shards were hard to get and were a reflection of skill back pips could also be lost. PvErs pvping solely because it's an easy way to get legendary armor was a side-effect that came with making the rewards farmable and negatively introduced players who really don't care whether they win or lost into the game mode.

I disagree, spvp players have access to gear which is far beyond what most pve players have access to, since the vast majority of pve players do not raid. On top of which spvp costs nearly no gold or resource investment, so access to pve gear from rewards gained in spvp is quite easy. I'm fine with spvp players having access to legendary armor, it still does not make sense.

The major reason to add useless (to the mode) legendary armor to spvp was to keep the mode semi active. Similar to how season 5 handed out 1 set of free ascended armor in spvp (from the minimal effort required perspective).

As with all things (raids too), the price is coming due. People are finishing their legendary armor spvp sets, finishing their 1st, 2nd, 3rd or x-th raid set and the interest is waning. Having something like this happen on a broad scale (by introducing a to easy to acquire "final" gear set for the vast majority of pve players) could be quite a blow to the game or would need to be designed around properly. Hence why I believe an alternative pve legendary set would be heavily time gated and/or expensive.

I don't disagree with that,I too disagree with how the game's reward systems catering too much to a certain type that it becomes the default mode of thinking and getting on teams/comms/learning about game mechanics gets perceived as too tryhard. Then those same players feel entitled to the exclusive rewards with lesser effort.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Most of the components are the same, except the provisionor tokens. The precursor pieces will end up costing some money too potentially with the crafting marks system.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor

You still need the T6, T5, T4, T5 mats as well, same with the cube of stabilized energy.

The PvP Armor also takes a minimal of 3 leagues for the league tickets. This takes a lot of time and effort to complete, speaking as someone who has created a set of PvP Legendary Armor and the effort it takes is nothing to scoff at, especially if you are going for the Mistforged Glorious Hero Armor.

Edit: Mistforged costs additional ascended shards, crafting marks and ectos as well has having unlocked the ardent set and having a PvP rank of 100.

Archived