Beetle Racing "PvP' — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Beetle Racing "PvP'

Ithilwen.1529Ithilwen.1529 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2, 2018 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

What I really like about Roller Beetle Racing is this: If I screw up, it's because I screwed up. It's not because some kid skill spammed his kittened super ninja move on me.

This is competition that is actually fun. Notice that there is virtually no toxicity. Well done, ANET.

The next step should be racing reward tracks.

Mesmerizing Girl

Comments

  • XYLO.7031XYLO.7031 Member ✭✭

    This is the only thing I would honestly do a VS against another person. 1 v 1 and have a mode where we either: even start (side-by-side) or have chaser/runner for a narrow course that alternates position should there be no position change in a lap.

  • HardRider.2980HardRider.2980 Member ✭✭✭

    Card games on motorcycles xD

    A City of Heroes never die... A City of Villains will never surrender... Neither City will be forgotten.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    So how is this diffrent then whats already in the game you got a leaderboard on each race go pvp away mate.

  • Gemnaid.4219Gemnaid.4219 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2018

    Give us MMR, divisions, and pips. And introduce relay race mode where we have teams, then it will be super fun.

  • beetle mario karts?

  • Ithilwen.1529Ithilwen.1529 Member ✭✭✭✭

    My point is that beetle racing is a successful form of PvP.

    I think ANET should implement reward tracks and etc.

    Mesmerizing Girl

  • XYLO.7031XYLO.7031 Member ✭✭

    @Ithilwen.1529 said:
    My point is that beetle racing is a successful form of PvP.

    I think ANET should implement reward tracks and etc.

    I second that. I race all day when I'm off. That could have been so much more. No cheevo points :(

  • Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

    It's not PvP if you can't fling someone off the track.

  • Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Khisanth.2948 said:
    It's not PvP if you can't fling someone off the track.

    Well, it is player verse player, therefore it is pvp, thankfully players cant do that to each other.

    Ember Wandertooth(SB), Lucina Fallenflame(Weaver), Kianda Redpaw(Guardian), Kingslayer, Light in the Dark.
    Why Guild Wars is called Guild Wars

  • Ithilwen.1529Ithilwen.1529 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Khisanth.2948 said:
    It's not PvP if you can't fling someone off the track.

    Precisely why the toxicity is almost non existent. Yes it is direct competition.

    Mesmerizing Girl

  • Warkind.6745Warkind.6745 Member ✭✭✭

    There's no toxicity because there's nothing to lose and everyone gets the same rewards, which is probably good for the game to be honest.

    But I think being able to get reward track items from such a simple and easy game mode would require grinding the tracks so much that they lose their charm, otherwise it'd turn into an instant clover/armor/currency dispenser.

  • Jwake.7013Jwake.7013 Member ✭✭✭

    I'd have to say no to the reward tracks or adding more 'loot' to them. Honestly I think that side of things is in a real good spot where it is.

    I would be for a better leaderboard though, why can't I see the top 10 or however many just because I don't have them on my friends list? If I'm fourth and have second place on a race in my guild then I can see him but I don't know if first place is 0.1sec ahead or 3sec ahead on the leaderboard. Would love to be able to view it similar to how you can look at top 250 rank in pvp and then another list for friends and their placements. Just that one step farther with the panel could go a long way imo.

    "Freedom is something that you need to actively acquire. It's not something that's given with no strings attached. To be free means to take responsibility, and to prepare yourself for what's to come." ~Charles Beams~

  • Ithilwen.1529Ithilwen.1529 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Jwake.7013 said:
    I'd have to say no to the reward tracks or adding more 'loot' to them. Honestly I think that side of things is in a real good spot where it is.

    I would be for a better leaderboard though, why can't I see the top 10 or however many just because I don't have them on my friends list? If I'm fourth and have second place on a race in my guild then I can see him but I don't know if first place is 0.1sec ahead or 3sec ahead on the leaderboard. Would love to be able to view it similar to how you can look at top 250 rank in pvp and then another list for friends and their placements. Just that one step farther with the panel could go a long way imo.

    Upon reflection, I mostly agree.

    Mesmerizing Girl

  • nosleepdemon.1368nosleepdemon.1368 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 7, 2018

    @Ithilwen.1529 said:
    What I really like about Roller Beetle Racing is this: If I screw up, it's because I screwed up. It's not because some kid skill spammed his kittened super ninja move on me.

    This is competition that is actually fun. Notice that there is virtually no toxicity. Well done, ANET.

    The next step should be racing reward tracks.

    @Ithilwen.1529 said:
    My point is that beetle racing is a successful form of PvP.

    I think ANET should implement reward tracks and etc.

    @Ithilwen.1529 said:

    @Khisanth.2948 said:
    It's not PvP if you can't fling someone off the track.

    Precisely why the toxicity is almost non existent. Yes it is direct competition.

    Lol you pansies :P It's certainly not PvP as you can't interfere with another player, which would be super fun. I get that you want to pretend that you are doing actual PvP, because it sounds dangerous and scarey to you, but honestly you must know that's not the case. You are just playing a glorified set of qualifying rounds. That's fine, but these sorts of "sticking it to the man" passive-aggressive posts will get you neither the ladies nor the money. You need to join the big boys in actual PvP to earn street cred, fams.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.