Beetle Racing "PvP'

Ithilwen.1529

What I really like about Roller Beetle Racing is this: If I screw up, it's because I screwed up. It's not because some kid skill spammed his kittened super ninja move on me.

This is competition that is actually fun. Notice that there is virtually no toxicity. Well done, ANET.

The next step should be racing reward tracks.

There's no toxicity because there's nothing to lose and everyone gets the same rewards, which is probably good for the game to be honest.

But I think being able to get reward track items from such a simple and easy game mode would require grinding the tracks so much that they lose their charm, otherwise it'd turn into an instant clover/armor/currency dispenser.

I'd have to say no to the reward tracks or adding more 'loot' to them. Honestly I think that side of things is in a real good spot where it is.

I would be for a better leaderboard though, why can't I see the top 10 or however many just because I don't have them on my friends list? If I'm fourth and have second place on a race in my guild then I can see him but I don't know if first place is 0.1sec ahead or 3sec ahead on the leaderboard. Would love to be able to view it similar to how you can look at top 250 rank in pvp and then another list for friends and their placements. Just that one step farther with the panel could go a long way imo.

@Jwake.7013 said:I'd have to say no to the reward tracks or adding more 'loot' to them. Honestly I think that side of things is in a real good spot where it is.

I would be for a better leaderboard though, why can't I see the top 10 or however many just because I don't have them on my friends list? If I'm fourth and have second place on a race in my guild then I can see him but I don't know if first place is 0.1sec ahead or 3sec ahead on the leaderboard. Would love to be able to view it similar to how you can look at top 250 rank in pvp and then another list for friends and their placements. Just that one step farther with the panel could go a long way imo.

Upon reflection, I mostly agree.

@Ithilwen.1529 said:What I really like about Roller Beetle Racing is this: If I screw up, it's because I screwed up. It's not because some kid skill spammed his kittened super ninja move on me.

This is competition that is actually fun. Notice that there is virtually no toxicity. Well done, ANET.

The next step should be racing reward tracks.

@Ithilwen.1529 said:My point is that beetle racing is a successful form of PvP.

I think ANET should implement reward tracks and etc.

@Ithilwen.1529 said:

@"Khisanth.2948" said:It's not PvP if you can't fling someone off the track.

Precisely why the toxicity is almost non existent. Yes it is direct competition.

Lol you pansies :P It's certainly not PvP as you can't interfere with another player, which would be super fun. I get that you want to pretend that you are doing actual PvP, because it sounds dangerous and scarey to you, but honestly you must know that's not the case. You are just playing a glorified set of qualifying rounds. That's fine, but these sorts of "sticking it to the man" passive-aggressive posts will get you neither the ladies nor the money. You need to join the big boys in actual PvP to earn street cred, fams.

Archived