Could you please stop making high heels and skimpy armor for females? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Could you please stop making high heels and skimpy armor for females?

Dear devs,

It is really hard to find armor sets or outfits for female characters that look fitting for an adventurer. This is the main reason I (almost) exclusively play male characters.

I mean, this is GW2 and not Conan the Barbarian after all, no? ;) It would be nice to have more options to be able to dress female human and norn characters properly, namely as female adventurers and not as princesses or seductresses. :+1:

Thank you.

My GW2 content charts: (1) LWS 4, (2) PoF , (3) Personal story (pre-Claw Island/Orr) , (4) LWS 2 , (5) HoT, (6) Orr campaign , (7) LWS 3

Tagged:
<13456

Comments

• Actually I would highly appreciate they change their standard for all tier - gender armors ! cause it feels pretty redundant .

• Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

This person managed to find a good diverse woth mix n match

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/61843/the-tempests-new-clothes-lots-of-pics#

• I tend to agree, which is surprisingly why I play Charr alot for unified looks.
    Unfortunately even that has started shifting with various outfits and such these days.

Though I feel the 'skimpy' problem is generally more of an issue with light armor more than anything else.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

Any particular race and armour weight you're referring to? Or are you ok with someone at Anet flicking through the armour galleries and deciding there's plenty of non-skimpy options for charr, asura and medium and heavy armoured females of all races so it's fine and they don't need to follow up any further?

But even on other race/armour combinations there are a lot of options. You may need to mix and match sets to get a look you like, but that's true no matter what style you're going for.

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea,
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams,
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek,
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings."

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2018

I do not like high heels whatsoever so I would not miss them if they were somehow to not be created in the future.

• Batel.9206Batel.9206 Member ✭✭✭

There are a lot of armor sets that aren't skimpy. Takes a bit of creativity and effort to find them, mixing various armor pieces together, but that's part of the fun of playing Fashion Wars. :D

fear not this night
    you will not go astray

• If it's for you, go through your wardrobe, and find looks you like, it only costs 1 Transmutation charge per piece. If it's being offended by other people's chosen looks, nope.

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

This is a head scratcher ... I have 9(actually 10 but two are using the same boots) female sylvari/human/norn characters spread between light/medium/heavy armor but none of them are wearing heels.

As for skimpy ... well this is the "worst"
    Imgur

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Khisanth.2948 said:

I see your skimpy and raise you mine ...

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• Dragon Priestess.9760Dragon Priestess.9760 Member ✭✭
    edited December 3, 2018

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:

I use the same skirt! I just recently unlocked the Carapage light armour chestpiece, and I find that it matches with the skirt quite well.

Everyone else is doing it!!

Tarnished Coast, North America.
    I am on the hunt for exclusive dyes wink wink

• Warkind.6745Warkind.6745 Member ✭✭✭

Instead Anet should take it to the next level by introducing garters and heels for men.

• This is more of a personal preference issue that can be resolved with outfits. The OP can buy a big bulky heavy plated tanky looking armor outfit like the "Champion of Tyria" in the link below for her/his light armor characters, no high heels involved. Me personally I think light armor (outfit and skins) should be more skimpy and revealing since they're armors made with cloth and not steel plates. Plus high heels for females looks good in light, medium and heavy armors. Yes I know this is GW2 fashion but I just can't imagine a female superhero like Wonder Woman dressed in an outfit that makes her look like Doctor Doom.

http://dulfy.net/2017/08/09/gw2-upcoming-armor-outfits-and-weapons-from-path-of-fire/

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ashantara.8731 - it seems clear that not many people on this forum agree with you currently. Can you give us some examples of the costumes you've been able to put together so far which suit your tastes and what you think is still lacking. And/or skins you'd like to use and what changes you'd like to see which would make them acceptable to you? That way maybe we'll have a better understanding of the issue.

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea,
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams,
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek,
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings."

• Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 3, 2018

Now if the OP were asking for less flared trenchcoats and pom, pom skirts for medium armours I could get behind this :)
    Light Armour imo has a reasonably good mix of skimpy and not so skimpy options depending on your race I guess.
    Perhaps consider an outfit instead if this is still an issue to you OP.. or look at the wardrobe options (via your bank, not your character wardrobe) and see if there are things you can mix an match for your desired appearance. Perhaps there are some you still don't possess the skins for and the TP might offer them to you if the prices are right for you.

Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 3, 2018

I would like to see more skirts for medium and heavy classes. I feel restricted when playing heavy or medium, enough of covering the whole skin.

+++Sandswept Isles: Advisory K-4: Don't be misled; with some effort, a charr CAN fit inside an asura-sized Inquest uniform.

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

@hugo.4705 said:
    I would like to see more skirts for medium and heavy classes. I feel restricted when playing heavy or medium, enough of covering the whole skin.

Heavy i can understand, medium though, fully agree!

Ember Wandertooth(SB), Lucina Fallenflame(Weaver), Kianda Redpaw(Guardian), Kingslayer, Light in the Dark.
    Why Guild Wars is called Guild Wars

• Zeefa.3915Zeefa.3915 Member ✭✭✭

Female light armor has plenty skimpy armor sure, although they also got modest options. Medium armor does not have as much skimpy armor... infact for my female sylvari ranger where I would very much like an open back, so I could actually see that beautiful glow pattern, there is a grand total of 2 options, and I like neither one. So yeah, given up on that....
    Oh how I would love the elite druid armor set from GW1 on my sweet sylvari.

• XYLO.7031XYLO.7031 Member ✭✭

@Zeefa.3915 said:
    Female light armor has plenty skimpy armor sure, although they also got modest options. Medium armor does not have as much skimpy armor... infact for my female sylvari ranger where I would very much like an open back, so I could actually see that beautiful glow pattern, there is a grand total of 2 options, and I like neither one. So yeah, given up on that....
    Oh how I would love the elite druid armor set from GW1 on my sweet sylvari.

I agree. Female light armor has the most 'skimpy' options.

But Heels? I haven't seen anything that looks even remotely like stilettos or anything like Cinderella's glass slippers (which I would buy with real cash if we had). Everything looks like wrestler boots all the way up to the knee.

The aurora shoes are the only shoes that look like actual shoes you'd wear with a gown, but I don't think they're in bad taste at all. To me, they're the only good ones.

• Leo G.4501Leo G.4501 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    I do not like high heels whatsoever so I would not miss them if they were somehow to not be created.

How can you miss something that isn't going anywhere? Or are you advocating the removal of high heels?

• Leo G.4501Leo G.4501 Member ✭✭✭✭

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:

Now make one for a male character!

• Dreamy Lu.3865Dreamy Lu.3865 Member ✭✭✭

Again a matter of taste. Personally, I would like that heavy armors propose one set a bit more girly, especially the boots. :3

I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message...

• Zaklex.6308Zaklex.6308 Member ✭✭✭✭

Here I was hoping they would add in the Elite Druid Armor that was in GW1: https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Gallery_of_female_ranger_Elite_Druid_armor That was my armor for my ancestor, would like to use the same one in GW2(I have something close, but not identical). Now you didn't specify whether this was for Light, Medium or Heavy armor.

Yes...no...maybe...what do you want, can't you see I'm busy saving the world...AGAIN!

<13456
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.