Lords Mobile gear system.

Nabbut.7480

To level up you need a full set of gear which then gets merged with your base stats and you have to collect another set, items of which are partially fused from lower level items.I view this system as superior to current GW2 constant gear swapping and removal of soulbound items, and would be pleased to see something similar in GW2.

Smart way to put in gear grind, 'sadly' GW2 is not about gear grind. You have to select a set of stats as a tactical decision, rather than as a way to endlessly, some may say pointlessly, progress.

Alternatively, I definitely wouldn't mind a way to unlock different stat selections like that though. Which are then a part of your character forever and are free to select. Like a super slow way probably more expensive way to get legendary I guess.

Might be too late to implement that though. Idk, people tend to go crazy about 'loss of value' for exsisting legendary gear

Honestly they just need to copy the Paragon system from Diablo III, it gives eternal progression and if limits are set on certain attributes it won't break the balance perhaps limit combat attributes being increased by 50 points move speed by +25% and allow the remaining "eternal" points to be spent on increasing gold find or magic find. This could be added in one of two ways, create a repeatable "universal" mastery that unlocks once all other masteries in that region are completed that scales up in XP required and doesn't require MP's to train that adds a bonus to a selected stat or option (with the aforementioned limits) OR add secondary levels at level 80 that train when a mastery is not being trained (perhaps add an option to not be training a mastery) and give the same rewards. Perhaps add a scaling cost of spirit shards or something to train each "Paragon" level but I agree with Frizz the current gear system is fine the way it is, barring certain balance and QoL improvements

Archived