Rate my Build (Bruiser engineer)

Lucas.3718

Hey folks

i started testing and engineer to see how this class is and personally it is a blast to play. especially with holosmith. most suprising was the sustain/tankiness that this class offers even though i didnt plan on it. So i was thinking. Can there be a build with holosmith that can still do a high amount of damage AND take a lot to the face ?

and here is my result:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdEQJAsenUUBlXhVID2IDcJjlRkqffH4EGsWylAQMYGmkB-jFCBQBB4BAkH9AKUVDNq87MKBrkaJHc/BAcCAIFQETtA

the idea is that while you do your stuff you also get many damage mitigation effects like "Light Density Amplifier", "Iron Blooded" and Rune of Scrapper, and you are also strongest when you are close to your enemy with Traits such as "High Caliber" and the 6th bonus of your rune. Plus you are versetile. For example, the Holosmith Crystal Configurations leave much room to play. "Storm" if youre gonna range the enemy, "Eclypse" for stab+barier or "Zephyr" if you need mobility freedom.

What do you think ?

Is it for WvW or PvE? I assume WvW as you have the WvW Tab in that build?

I would say you are quite weak against kiting enemies with this build, e.g. Longbow Rangers, Scourges and Deadeyes.Especially a LB ranger with sigil of hunting may kill you with his 6s of unblockable attacks before you even reach him, or if you reach him then you have already blown out all your dodges and the spectrum shield. You on the other Hand have no Chance of kiting your oponent, that makes strong warriors/spellbreakers/meele-scourges/reapers quite dangerous.

Comback cure will only proc with healing turret and once every 60s with lesser elixir C right? so it will help you with constant regen IF you have at least 2-3 conditions on you when you place the healing turret, otherwise it will be quite wasted.. And as you do not have other condi cleanses, the build seens rather weak against condition based enemies so you have to Play veeery smart there.

If you manage to get Close range however, you can deal a lot of damage in a short time.

Keep in mind that without HGH the passive elixir procs have no reduced cooldown and also elixir U is 1/3 less effective Overall.

All in all I think if the build fits your style then feel free to roam around with it and blast some enemies =) but you are not very mobile, have no invuls and no kiting Chance.

Edit: I forgot, if you calculate the 7% damage reduction of the rune of the scrapper (~140 toughness?) and compare it with other runes, you may find even better alternatives that have e.g. 125 toughness + an additional Bonus on the 6th Tier and this gives you then a ~6% damage reduction Independent of the distance from the enemy vs the 7% in 600 range.

That build lacks condi cleanses (only 1 active source) consider taking inventions traitline (top/bottom/top) over firearms traitline and Elixir H over Healing turret.That way your shield #4 shield #5 healing skill and F1 skill will cleans condies and provide protection boon.Im not gonna comment on the whole build itself.

edit: If it's for PVE nvm my comment then.

Archived