Level 80 boost inventory bug ?

Hey All,

I am new and have already bought the Path of Fire expansion. The expansion came with a lvl 80 boost which I had already been testing out on two other characters using the trial feature. I never decided to boost them to lvl 80 permanently. I decided to make a new character to just level up the normal way. While leveling, I was clicking on some items in my inventory bags and I accidentally double clicked on the level 80 boost that was sitting in my "Shared Inventory" slot. What happened next is confusing - I received a bunch of level 60 & 80 account bound items in my bags ( enough items to overflow my bags and I had to delete old items to make space ) and my lvl 80 boost was gone. If I remember correctly, the level boost is supposed to make my character a trial boosted character and take him to the new trial zone, but this did not happen. I no longer have the 80 boost item and I have a bunch of these account bound items that came from who knows where. Has this happened to anyone else? I messaged support but they didn't help or even check my bags to verify whether the 80 boost item was there or not.

Thanks

So I'm starting to be skeptical of the state of this game and the support team. In my ticket, the GM that responded to me is not even able to look into my character's bags. This is someone who is hired by Arena Net to go through support tickets and find a resolution to bugs or issues that we have with the game. What kind of level of support is this if they can't even inspect a person's bags? Also is the support team outsourced to somewhere over seas ? Arena Net has Headquarters in Washington, yet I have only received late night responses to my tickets ( 9PM or 3AM PST ), making it so that I have had a back and forth experience with the support team and I still haven't had my issue resolved. I haven't been able to play my new character in two days because I don't wan't to remove the items in my bags that were somehow converted from my lvl 80 boost.

This is a SS of my character and bags..https://imgur.com/a/hvcShD1

It sucks that the type of support I've been receiving is lackluster, and it probably shows what kind of experience to expect from ArenaNet down the road.

The screenshot shows an L4 character with an empty shared inventory slot.It also shows that your mailbox is full ... it might help to clear that out, because there might be something in it that you need to complete the process.

It also shows you have three empty bag slots and four 4-slot bags. You should immediately move those 4-slot bags to the bag slots, to give you some more inventory space (you can double-click).

There are a couple of points of confusion in the post:

• There is no "new" trial zone; using the L80 booster takes you to the Silverwastes, something that's existing since before the first expansion was announced.
  • The items that drop from the booster are all L80 gear.
  • The only way to obtain the L60 tools is to use the L-80 boost package, which is only granted upon permanently accepting the boost.
  • The celebratory dye pack (shown in the screenshot) and teleport to friend (5x) (also shown) are also only granted on permanently accepting the boost.

So by appearances, it seems that somehow the boost was accepted because your account was granted some of the benefits.

In your shoes, I'd update the support ticket with the screenshot and mention that you seem to have L80-boost items (mention the teleport-to-friend & dye kit) but that your character seems to still be only L4, as if it wasn't boosted. Also mention that your mailbox is full.

And then wait patiently for a response.

I'm also going to send you some bigger bags, which you should drag over the existing ones. That should help you deal with your mail backlog, which I suspect will have additional clues. You definitely have to use your existing 4-slot bags to make room for that to happen.

(And my apologies if this is something you already know: hold off criticizing the process or the support response until after you get this resolved. It just muddies the transfer of details critical to solving the puzzle. There's plenty of time after to ask for a supervisor to review what happened and to consider whether it was appropriate for the situation.)

Good luck and please let us know how it turns out.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I think the OP hasn't moved the bags as he didn't want to 'touch' anything that came with the L80 Boost.I don't think it will matter if the OP does move them,It's safe to move the 4-slot bags.

but the OP could possibly empty his mail using another character.

Yes

OP stated the L80 Boost was used, on a trial basis, on other characters.Except the OP has items in that inventory that do not appear until one permanently accepts the boost. (Perhaps they did on another character.) Likewise, if the boost isn't permanently accepted, the shared inventory slot wouldn't be empty; it would have have something in it (I think the box with the character's original gear; in any case, it's not usable until then).

Archived