Unable to reply to support emails

I've had reason to contact support on a technical issue. They've requests additional files (dxdiag and similar). So far, so good ... but whenever I try to reply to the support mails, I get a "mail delivery failed" reply with the following error:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more ofits recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es)failed:

support@guildwars2.com:no valid MX hosts found

I've tried to reply from another mail adress/provider (gmail) but have gotten no reply to those mails. Is there any way to route a support conversation to another adress than the one used for the game account?

If you're using Gmail as a secondary way to contact support, make sure you check your spam folder for their responses. For some reason Gmail is flagging a lot of their automated emails (password reset, authentication, etc) as spam, so it's possible that their ticket responses are going there as well.

@ABACUS.1269 said:If you're using Gmail as a secondary way to contact support, make sure you check your spam folder for their responses. For some reason Gmail is flagging a lot of their automated emails (password reset, authentication, etc) as spam, so it's possible that their ticket responses are going there as well.

They are getting a response that their outgoing mail server can't reach the host. That could mean:

• There's a problem with the ISP (and contact the ISP is the only way to resolve that)
  • There's a problem with how their email software is configured to send messages. This can sometimes happen if you use e.g. google mail on an iphone and there's some sort of software change (on rare occasion, these can require a change of settings). This can be tested by trying to use a different device or software to mail support. For example, if you're using the built-in mail on your phone, try using a browser on your desktop (or vice versa).

There are some other, less likely possibilities.

Archived