Viability of this Build in a Small/Solo Scale WvW Setting?

Odokuro.5049

en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vdIQJAsenUUB1IjFJD2UBcJjlBD7LAseePjDhGUMovHOEPiA-jlCEQB2Z/B/pqiDVG8gTIgUUa4O9EMRJWiUroLKBBwDCYdwAwUCykZmZmGZmZmZmpMAVjB-w

This is a build I threw together, meets certain "Bruiser" stats such as 2500 Armor and 20K HP, and makes use of ample Endurance regen (90% combined from food/traits and makes use of Energy Sigils on weapons.) I also chose two traits that deal damage when I Dodge roll (Minesweeper from Explosives, and Thermal release valve from Holosmith.) I use Traveler runes for the movement speed increase.

The only changes I am not comfortable with making is trading Sw/Sh for say Rifle or off-hand Pistol, because, Insert valid reasons for weapon choice here.

I think the build will work well, elixir you chose will also help with speed and maneuvering. From what it looks like you are looking to evade, attack quick and fast which can work pretty well and you want to be up and close to the combat. The only ones who can give you trouble with this class will be your deadeyes, soulbeasts, and mesmers. I run power soulbeast and this build would be easy for me to kill. I would be able to burn really quick and take you down no problem. If you could figure out a way to close the gab so you don't take that damage then that would be really great. I don't know if you thought about this, but possibly elixir S might work for you? As soon as you go into that it makes the attacks you will take negligible so you can close the gab and hopefully let them waste a few abilities so you can strike quick. Doing this could also help you escape. Also keep in mind rocket boots do the same thing and can help you get around really fast.

I believe my friend runs holosmith and he uses rocket boots if memory serves. I run scrapper as my secondary and it has saved my life so many times.

• 2500 Armor and 20K HPI run 2600 armor and 16k HP in SPVP, it's really not that much, you're not glass, but you can't face tank things with these stats.

• makes use of ample Endurance regen (90% combined from food/traitsMy understanding from the wiki is that it's capped at +50%, correct me if I'm wrong.

Your build likes Elixir S, both the active and the passive, these things would be crucial to surviving in a pinch.Also this build lacks a ranged option so you're trying to go with a full melee build into WVW which is probably not the best choice, you won't be very useful when everyone is piled up.

Not much to supply vigor to access Excessive Energy's 10% dmg boost, less than ideal access to vulnerability for shaped charge.

Stability only from Corona Burst, limited quickness (none to share).

It looks like it would be a very bursty build, but would be unlikely to be in the fight very long.

You might also take note that you do not have any way to break movement impairing effects which means an immobilize when you just activated holo will kill you right away.

Your build is essentially a glass cannon, but could be much more optimized.

If you were to do something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdIQFAUnUUB1XhFJD2UBcJjlJDbcE8eiPiNjCQAovDOCPhA-jFyHQB6R9nvojoH7PIElGv8CAAgHAQcUC6DlZBAOA+93Aw5nf+5nfeXv8v/u8v/e+5nfepA2aoF-w

You'll have some get out of jail cards, some strong ranged options, and you can swap over to do PVE in that gear by swapping weapons, rings, and traits.

You can use the birthday blaster to save on food.

Edit: Forgot that build was not using a kit

Archived