WvW Roaming group of 3 searching profession advice!

Droontar.1542

Hi!We are a group of 3 players (I'm the only with some expertise playing Gw2, the other 2 are newbies) wanting to play (mainly but not only) some roaming in WvW.What professions should we be looking for that have synergy among them? I'm returning form a long hiatus and I'm kinda lost with a lot of new elites haha

3 is actually a tricky number because its too few to make a minizerg, but enough to give the enemy a target if they mix and match too different playstyles. For example you dont want a ranger, thief and necro. Competent enemies will just nuke the necro, then the ranger and of course then the thief will run away like the natural coward he is.

You'll want something either evasive across the board or mix in insanely tanky "untargetables" such as melee weaver/spellbreaker/holo or bunker druid.

Personally I think 3 man is enough to have some fun with... Like running all trapper zerker DHs, place them all by a wall going down and then laugh as 10+ of the enemy zerg down on the spot.

Depends on what you wanna do.

If you wanna fight equal numbers or less then stealthprofessions work well. Like any thief profession, any ranger profession, any mesmer profession. All are very mobile and can stealth so they can easily burst and get out.

If you wanna fight while outnumbered then robust stuff like: Holosmith, Spellbreaker, Herald, Soulbeast, maybe a Guardian, reaper is great if you got 1 support, supportchrono works amazing but maybe not for 3. for a party of 3 id say Soulbeast, Holosmith and a Spellbreaker would be amazing for outnumbered content, all are very self sufficient and can benefit eachother by chaining CC and burst.

@Noha.3749 said:Depends on what you wanna do.

If you wanna fight equal numbers or less then stealthprofessions work well. Like any thief profession, any ranger profession, any mesmer profession. All are very mobile and can stealth so they can easily burst and get out.

If you wanna fight while outnumbered then robust stuff like: Holosmith, Spellbreaker, Herald, Soulbeast, maybe a Guardian, reaper is great if you got 1 support, supportchrono works amazing but maybe not for 3. for a party of 3 id say Soulbeast, Holosmith and a Spellbreaker would be amazing for outnumbered content, all are very self sufficient and can benefit eachother by chaining CC and burst.

with stealthprofessions you can also go for outnumbered fights, its just different. you work more with splitting the opponents attention. stealth has the advantage, that it will allways be able to reset fights, wich means they can attack any number of opponents while being more visible but robust has limits when too outnumbered.

From observation over the last few weeks in WvW roaming - small groups tend to be comprised of 1 or 2 stealth classes (Thief or Mes) and a power class such as a Warrior or Holo.

It seems to be an optimum combination of surprise and beat-down with plenty of opportunity for resetting fights.

I'm encountering an uptick in duos over the last month - mainly Mes/Warrior. Has there been a synergy change that favours that particular combination?

@Droontar.1542 said:As I can see, it seems that Holo, Spellbreaker, Ranger, Mesmer, Guardian, Thief can be mixed up (with some criteria, ofc), but...where are Eles? Are they that bad? D:

Ty all for your answers!

I wouldn't say ele is bad no. In my personal experience I've seen some that are just monsters. I believe being a roaming ele is considerably harder though if I'm not mistaken, and seeing as you said your friends are new I doubt anyone would advise trying to pick that particular class build up.

@Moonlit.6421 said:

@Droontar.1542 said:As I can see, it seems that Holo, Spellbreaker, Ranger, Mesmer, Guardian, Thief can be mixed up (with some criteria, ofc), but...where are Eles? Are they that bad? D:

Ty all for your answers!

I wouldn't say ele is bad no. In my personal experience I've seen some that are just monsters. I believe being a roaming ele is considerably harder though if I'm not mistaken, and seeing as you said your friends are new I doubt anyone would advise trying to pick that particular class build up.

Maybe I can play with ele if I practice a bit, not playing ele for a loooong time hahaha.

I get your pov and it seems that you need to put more effort into ele to be effective than for example a thief for the same result, right?

Archived