Returning player from years ago. Here's what I have on my account, recommend me a class to play?

fadeaway.2807

So I just logged in after like 4 or 5 years. I found:
A level 80 elementalist with weak, orange gear, 10 bag slots, and no way points unlocked. No other characters. I have a level 80 booster.A full set of ascended zerker heavy armor and 2h sword.A full set of ascended nomad heavy armor and a staff.(I think I used to play guardian, switching between dps and healer)Dozens of ascended trinkets, including full sets of zerker stats.Originally I thought I wanted to play weaver or thief, but this is making me think I was destined for warrior! I was also concerned that elementalist or thief would be too squishy and difficult to play.I believe I can change the stats on ascended gear but not the weight.

Can't recommend a class since that is down to personal taste, but warrior, guardian, ranger and necromancer are pretty strait forward.

Which ever class you chose, I'd recommend playing through the story and game naturally to get back in. Maybe use some level 40-50 scroll or such and then go from there. Boosting strait to 80 could be overwhelming.

Use your level 80 character to finish the first PoF mission for the raptor and the first HoT mission for basic gliding (if available). Those are account wide unlocks.

@fadeaway.2807 said:So I just logged in after like 4 or 5 years. I found:

A level 80 elementalist with weak, orange gear, 10 bag slots, and no way points unlocked. No other characters. I have a level 80 booster.A full set of ascended zerker heavy armor and 2h sword.A full set of ascended nomad heavy armor and a staff.(I think I used to play guardian, switching between dps and healer)Dozens of ascended trinkets, including full sets of zerker stats.Originally I thought I wanted to play weaver or thief, but this is making me think I was destined for warrior! I was also concerned that elementalist or thief would be too squishy and difficult to play.I believe I can change the stats on ascended gear but not the weight.

Sounds like a class that can use that heavy armor would be a good start.

With full ascended heavy armor zerker stats and 2h (great)sword, seems like it's perfect for playing guardian as a dragonhunter. If you like playing support healer, firebrand is also pretty good with staff (just change the stats into Harrier). I haven't played other heavy armour so can't comment on those two.

Archived