Request to reward players who have reached Diamond Legend with something special — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Request to reward players who have reached Diamond Legend with something special

EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭

Diamond Legend.
The final rank in WvW.
The pinnacle of WvW.
The amount of time, effort and dedication needed to reach that level is enormous.
Would be nice if these players could be recognized with a special title or account-bound infusion or armor/weapon/backpack skin.

A Hermit's Tale - To The Edge of the Mists [Link Here]

<1

Comments

• Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

Whilst its not an awful idea, as it was stated, thanks to EotM farmnig, it makes the rank less impressive than it should be. No different than PvP rank with wintraders being on the leaderboard....yes its on the leaderboard, however due to "exploits" its far less impressive than it should be.

Not saying that you didnt earn it outside EotM, it's just the idea of the rank being prestige has been shattered thanks to EotM.

Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/mc_celestia
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

• Junkpile.7439Junkpile.7439 Member ✭✭✭

Maybe give special reward for EotM players. I am prod my time in EotM and i wanna everybody to see it.

Low quality trolling since launch
    Seafarer's Rest EotM Hero

• Junkpile.7439Junkpile.7439 Member ✭✭✭

So i have played since launch and only have rank 5,626. Rank boost help a lot. I never use those. Some people use those whole time.

Low quality trolling since launch
    Seafarer's Rest EotM Hero

• Just curious but how many ranks could you earn per hour, back in the day, using the old EotM method?

• Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:
    Just curious but how many ranks could you earn per hour, back in the day, using the old EotM method?

Depend on how alive was the map and if there were people trying to derail the train...

Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Raider (Rank 4444) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 29k Achievment Points
    Calamis Fatima / Kawagima / Hanna Flintlocke / Sabetha Deadeye

• @ProverbsofHell.2307 said:
    Just curious but how many ranks could you earn per hour, back in the day, using the old EotM method?

I honestly don't recall the exact amount. Maybe like 15 - 20 an hour? Most people who did it would stack as many XP boosters as possible though.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer, Revenant | Kaineng | Diamond Legend
    I'm not the only one, there is more of my kind. Stray from the path, leave the mass behind ... ♫

• Zephyra.4709Zephyra.4709 Member ✭✭✭

Something special? Two blues and a green good enough? B)

• luzonophir.7134luzonophir.7134 Member ✭✭
    edited December 4, 2018

best reward is that your corpse will be encased in diamond casket which everyone can see whenever you're killed in wvw, until you teleport.

• I don't oppose this idea; however, many Diamond legends achieved their rank through EoTM K-training. Do we really want to reward people for doing that?

Maybe give someone the special reward instead who've reached diamond rank, but also completed all the achievements in the WvW list including Ultimate Dominator.

• " many Diamond legends achieved their rank through EoTM K-training"
    whats wrong with that? wvw is nothing more than a pvd game, the more u pvd the more u gain ppt and win the matchup. Its all about bragging right at the end for everyone anyway.

• Pterikdactyl.7630Pterikdactyl.7630 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2018

As someone who will never, ever get anywhere close to that rank, I agree. A reward of some sort is totally fair in my eyes. It is undeniably a lot of time dedicated to WvW, it wouldn't hurt to have something you can show it off with beyond the nameplate. I dunno how getting that rank is even possible lol. I must be doing everything wrong to level mine up.

• Leaa.2943Leaa.2943 Member ✭✭

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:
    Whilst its not an awful idea, as it was stated, thanks to EotM farmnig, it makes the rank less impressive than it should be. No different than PvP rank with wintraders being on the leaderboard....yes its on the leaderboard, however due to "exploits" its far less impressive than it should be.

Not saying that you didnt earn it outside EotM, it's just the idea of the rank being prestige has been shattered thanks to EotM.

Less impressive? How often do you run in to rank 10 k players?

• Blackarps.1974Blackarps.1974 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2018

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

I ran EOTM for a few hours a day (maybe 2-4?) for about a month when one of my guilds died and found I could really push myself to get 100 ranks a week or about 10 per day. That means you'd basically get roughly 3 an hour. That all depended on how good your zerg was, how confident your commander was, boosters, etc. Efficiency basically.

As for OP. I'm not sure how you reward them without it being something stackable like gold or badges of honor. Anything that promotes blobbing or karma training shouldn't be added to the game. If people are just going to karma train to get to 10k so they earn 1g per rank up or something, it won't be healthy for WvW.

• Hitman.5829Hitman.5829 Member ✭✭✭✭

Only if Anet can prove that you got that rank by playing WvW and not by farming EoTM.

Charr Warrior Master Race!
    Black Gate Beast Roamer chicken chaser!

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Leaa.2943 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

Ive literally seen one, and we didnt even fight, it was the oddest most polite encounter ive had so far in WvW.

Ember Wandertooth(SB), Lucina Fallenflame(Weaver), Kianda Redpaw(Guardian), Kingslayer, Light in the Dark.
    Why Guild Wars is called Guild Wars

• Israel.7056Israel.7056 Member ✭✭✭✭

Maybe give Diamond Legend people some extra gold for just showing up and taking stuff if they're still playing after getting 10k rank because god knows they've probably played a lot to get there except for the EOTM ones but whatever let them have some extra gold too, be generous for god's sake.

• subversiontwo.7501subversiontwo.7501 Member ✭✭
    edited December 5, 2018

@Israel.7056 said:
    Maybe give Diamond Legend people some extra gold for just showing up and taking stuff if they're still playing after getting 10k rank because god knows they've probably played a lot to get there except for the EOTM ones but whatever let them have some extra gold too, be generous for god's sake.

Maybe do that per hours played in that case because the rank system has always been heavily tilted towards certain classes. That's the primary reason as to why the idea is going to be hard to motivate, not because of EotM but because class affects rank at least somewhere 1:5.

• @Dante.1763 said:

@Leaa.2943 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

Ive literally seen one, and we didnt even fight, it was the oddest most polite encounter ive had so far in WvW.

GW2 Efficiency ( https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.wvwRank ) only shows the top 25 but I was listed as #32 when I hit max in February of 2018. There were 31 players ahead of me that were already 10k at that point, so I'm doubtful there are less than 100 of them today. I can think of at least 15 of them off the top of my head that I either know personally or am familiar with as an enemy. So although rare, it's also not as uncommon as some people think. More like getting a regular Exotic weapon/armor drop than getting a Precursor kinda deal.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer, Revenant | Kaineng | Diamond Legend
    I'm not the only one, there is more of my kind. Stray from the path, leave the mass behind ... ♫

• Sarrs.4831Sarrs.4831 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 5, 2018

The +1 pip is insane tho tbh
    I think people underestimate just how powerful +1 pip is.

• two words.
    GRUB
    MOUNT

• DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭

Thanks to eotm most player with very high WvW Ranks are PvE Players.

Thanks to Eotm WvW Ranks are worthless.

• thx to OS kill farm Ultimate Dominator is worhtless too, everytime I see someone with UD title I just assumed they farmed the title from OS.

• Riko.9214Riko.9214 Member ✭✭
    edited December 5, 2018

Why would it be better to have even more rewards for time-spent rather than skill?

Not like it hurts anyone, but would be better to spend the same effort on making reasonable solo-only challenges that people can try themselves in and get unique rewards for demonstrating some actually worthy quantities (reaction, speed, precision, concentration .... etc aka skill) rather than how much time they spent on entertainment.

• gebrechen.5643gebrechen.5643 Member ✭✭✭

I'd really prefer making the dolyak finishers permanent and making points above rank 1200 (or where the wvw talents) end useful. Maybe 200 rank points after 1200 for a commander pin or smt like that.

• Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

I suggest 3 (yes, three) greens and 2 (yes, two) blues per rank up.

• Hesacon.8735Hesacon.8735 Member ✭✭✭

Diamond rank gets a boatload of extra pips per tick.

• @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:
    No different than PvP rank with wintraders being on the leaderboard....yes its on the leaderboard, however due to "exploits" its far less impressive than it should be.

Pvp rank cannot really be bought. The titles and all those prestige are out the window now yes but if we are referring to rank in both game modes then the actualy pvp rank levels have to be individually grinded.
    That being said there is also no reward for those of high pvp rank. Not even a label such as diamond, mithril etc. We get to rank 80 (super easy to do) and then thats about it. Im rank 411 in pvp and theres nothing i can do to show it in game. Feels really bad.

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Sarrs.4831 said:
    The +1 pip is insane tho tbh
    I think people underestimate just how powerful +1 pip is.

Agreed.
    I have a a mithril and a new account. It takes a day to pip out on mithril, the rest of the week on the newbie.

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

• you already have something... people see the diamond rank and automatically you get focused =)

• JayAction.9056JayAction.9056 Member ✭✭✭

Hey > @DraGolemz.7694 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:
    No different than PvP rank with wintraders being on the leaderboard....yes its on the leaderboard, however due to "exploits" its far less impressive than it should be.

Pvp rank cannot really be bought. The titles and all those prestige are out the window now yes but if we are referring to rank in both game modes then the actualy pvp rank levels have to be individually grinded.
    That being said there is also no reward for those of high pvp rank. Not even a label such as diamond, mithril etc. We get to rank 80 (super easy to do) and then thats about it. Im rank 411 in pvp and theres nothing i can do to show it in game. Feels really bad.

There is nothing as competitive or as hard to get top 250 titles in the game. The computer does not have challenges that hard.

WvW is a joke with the average Mithril player being about rank 1300 in PvP not even close to top 250.

• "Pvp rank cannot really be bought."
    Yes it can and plenty of ppl have done that and only few got temp banned. Just b/c u dont think it can be done doesnt mean it cant be done !

• They know where you received all your wxp from just make the title specific to real wvw play and not eotm.

• No. Dumb zerging do not need more rewards than it already has. Getting +7 Pips is plenty.

Ögonen omges av vita och svarta penseldrag som gör att de ser större ut än vad de egentligen är. Baksidan av lodjurets öron kantas av svart päls som slutar i den karaktäristiska tofsen högst upp på örat. Lodjurets svans är kortare än de flesta andra kattdjurs.

• cobbah.3102cobbah.3102 Member ✭✭✭

Diamond Legend hmm a reward for skill less zerglings why would that be ?? yeh/nah to more rewards ..

• Should consider looking for an alternative hobby.

Power > Condition

• Warkind.6745Warkind.6745 Member ✭✭✭

You unlock the legendary spike reward track, where each reward is legendary spikes and the last box is also just legendary spikes.

• Staff 1'ing into a zerg for 5 years is labor intensive dedication now.

<1
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.